ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-2nd-gen-2006-2013-163/)
-   -   VIPMotoz h7 Bulb question (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-2nd-gen-2006-2013/859282-vipmotoz-h7-bulb-question.html)

6speedLex 06-12-17 08:11 AM

VIPMotoz h7 Bulb question

Has anyone installed an LED headlight kit into the aftermarket headlights? My car came with the HID / AFS headlights. So im going to buy an h7 headlight conversion kit regardless. Is the LED kit a better option?

Any advice would be appreciated.

knyg 06-12-17 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by 6speedLex (Post 9894443)
Has anyone installed an LED headlight kit into the aftermarket headlights? My car came with the HID / AFS headlights. So im going to buy an h7 headlight conversion kit regardless. Is the LED kit a better option?

Any advice would be appreciated.

i had HIDs and LEDs before. Currently using LEDs. If you install these bulbs, your AFS will no longer functions. it's just something you lose with this mod. Also, I've used H11 bulbs which I think if the correct bulb for our cars. But H7 might work also, I'm not sure. I just know most/all use H11 bulbs

in my opinion. I prefer LEDs. They last longer and less prone to crapping out since you don't need a ballast. I have direct plug and play LEDs and they're awesome. Both HID and LED cost the same, in the end. So just take your pick. HID has color options but more prone to breaking and LED is only pure white.

6speedLex 06-12-17 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by knyg (Post 9894585)
i had HIDs and LEDs before. Currently using LEDs. If you install these bulbs, your AFS will no longer functions. it's just something you lose with this mod. Also, I've used H11 bulbs which I think if the correct bulb for our cars. But H7 might work also, I'm not sure. I just know most/all use H11 bulbs

in my opinion. I prefer LEDs. They last longer and less prone to crapping out since you don't need a ballast. I have direct plug and play LEDs and they're awesome. Both HID and LED cost the same, in the end. So just take your pick. HID has color options but more prone to breaking and LED is only pure white.

Im mainly looking to advice on installing LED in my new aftermarket headlights. If they will fit behind the removable cover on the back side. Im losing my AFS either way by installing aftermarket headlights

bazzle01 06-12-17 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by 6speedLex (Post 9894721)
Im mainly looking to advice on installing LED in my new aftermarket headlights. If they will fit behind the removable cover on the back side. Im losing my AFS either way by installing aftermarket headlights

You will need to ensure the heatsinks or the fan assembly will clear.
A pic of your light will be helpful here.

6speedLex 06-12-17 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by bazzle01 (Post 9895069)
You will need to ensure the heatsinks or the fan assembly will clear.
A pic of your light will be helpful here.

I went ahead and ordered the HID kit just to be safe. That was my main concern.

whitebeast 06-12-17 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by knyg (Post 9894585)

A note for you.
OEM halogen using H11 but most of after market headlight using H7. As for HID vs LED, I refer HID due to the brightness of it. LED will give you the most accurate color temp but good HID kit won't disappointed you. I did test out Morimoto Kit and DDM tuning kit and very happy to both of them (DDM TUNING is cheaper)

knyg 06-12-17 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by whitebeast (Post 9895191)
A note for you.
OEM halogen using H11 but most of after market headlight using H7. As for HID vs LED, I refer HID due to the brightness of it. LED will give you the most accurate color temp but good HID kit won't disappointed you. I did test out Morimoto Kit and DDM tuning kit and very happy to both of them (DDM TUNING is cheaper)

doubt it. I have vipmotoZ aftermarket headlights and it's h11 hid bulbs that it comes with.

whitebeast 06-13-17 09:50 AM

Really? I installed 4 sets of them and they all come on H7 (it printed on the lenses on headlight as well)
or they did change the bulb type cause I did all last year

knyg 06-13-17 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by whitebeast (Post 9895558)
Really? I installed 4 sets of them and they all come on H7 (it printed on the lenses on headlight as well)
or they did change the bulb type cause I did all last year

perhaps. Mines pretty old. A few years. But all bulbs are similar. Just some different relays and plastic mounting shapes

See5 06-13-17 04:26 PM

I just ordered my set and also thinking about either ordering HID or LED H7

I think I will go with HID Low beam and LED High beam H1. But am not sure how much LM on the LED will beat the halogen intensity.

Time to check VIPmotoz headlight discussion thread!

whitebeast 06-14-17 04:19 PM

scale from 1 to 10.
halogen is about 4-5
LED 7-8
HID is 9-10