Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

That’s just about what I paid
Old 01-22-18, 04:30 PM
Patton6964
Advanced

Received 186 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by tenaciousF
I finally received a response from Thonzer on pricing (now $580 plus shipping) but have not heard anything on the new wiring harness. Will post if I get an update.
How are you all contacting Thonzer?
Old 01-23-18, 03:34 AM
ianbis
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I contact Ms. Ranny here: sales@thonzer.com
The following users liked this post:
Patton6964 (01-25-18)
Old 01-24-18, 11:26 AM
DaveKAYos
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ianbis
I contact Ms. Ranny here: sales@thonzer.com
or thonzer@thonzer.com
Patton6964 (01-25-18)
Old 02-19-18, 09:49 AM
tenaciousF
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

These have started showing up on ebay (with a large mark-up), but none of the sellers can address any of the issues.
Old 02-21-18, 08:41 PM
Mysta
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Is the only way to order these at normal price though the email?
Old 02-27-18, 01:38 PM
Mysta
Driver

Also what's the audio quality?
Old 02-28-18, 02:35 PM
Patton6964
Advanced

Received 186 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by Mysta
Also what's the audio quality?
I have not ordered one yet. Been waiting for everyone to kind of sort out all of the small issues, However I did find this website that has the unit and you can order directly through them and they seem to have US support

http://smarty-trend.com/lexus-is/106...head-unit.html
Serifiyah (03-02-18)
Old 03-01-18, 08:39 AM
Mysta
Driver

Also has anyone picked up any deals on mobile hotspot plans?
Old 03-14-18, 10:34 PM
obe1
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Hello all, I wanted to look into installing one of these unit into my IS250 Non Nav car. I send an email to Seicane.com. I mentioned in my email about the issues of the Airbag Light and Rear speakers / quality of sound issues. Their response was:

Alice (Seicane)

Mar 15, 11:20 CST

Dear
We are sorry for that we have no unit can fit your car at present and we will let you know when there is the unit can fit your car , is it ok ?

So ,maybe they know about the US spec cars with the Airbag Wiring issue. I guess other Non US spec cars have a different airbag detection system. Mine when a passenger sits in the seat, the system detects a person and turns on the airbag, illuminating a "Airbag On" light on the Head Unit. I also see these lights light up when 1st powering up the car as it test the system. I see a circuit work around with resistors to make the system pass the tests, therefore keeping the SRS light off on the instrument cluster.

The other issues, A/C in Auto... whats going on with that?

Rear speakers No Sound, or bad sound?

The Steering Wheel Buttons, I have a Flyaudio Unit now and my Rear Speakers work fine, No Airbag Light, and my left side Steering Buttons work, not the Right Side Phone Hang up or Answer buttons. My car had one additional right button, a button that listened for voice command when pressed. I would like to upgrade to this unit if these issues can be worked around. I can live with the Button Issues on the phone control on the right side if the left ones can work, volume, track forward and track back. I am willing to modify the Airbag harness if needed to keep the light off. Its an indicator light, and should not interfere with the operation of the inflator. But I do not want the SRS Malfunction light on the instrument cluster. The rear speakers is a must work tho.

Has anyone got these issues worked out to their satisfaction? I read about and update can bus decoder also.. Did this help?

Obe1
Old 03-15-18, 05:10 PM
Mysta
Driver

Originally Posted by obe1
Hello all, I wanted to look into installing one of these unit into my IS250 Non Nav car. I send an email to Seicane.com. I mentioned in my email about the issues of the Airbag Light and Rear speakers / quality of sound issues. Their response was:

Alice (Seicane)

Mar 15, 11:20 CST

Dear
We are sorry for that we have no unit can fit your car at present and we will let you know when there is the unit can fit your car , is it ok ?

So ,maybe they know about the US spec cars with the Airbag Wiring issue. I guess other Non US spec cars have a different airbag detection system. Mine when a passenger sits in the seat, the system detects a person and turns on the airbag, illuminating a "Airbag On" light on the Head Unit. I also see these lights light up when 1st powering up the car as it test the system. I see a circuit work around with resistors to make the system pass the tests, therefore keeping the SRS light off on the instrument cluster.

The other issues, A/C in Auto... whats going on with that?

Rear speakers No Sound, or bad sound?

The Steering Wheel Buttons, I have a Flyaudio Unit now and my Rear Speakers work fine, No Airbag Light, and my left side Steering Buttons work, not the Right Side Phone Hang up or Answer buttons. My car had one additional right button, a button that listened for voice command when pressed. I would like to upgrade to this unit if these issues can be worked around. I can live with the Button Issues on the phone control on the right side if the left ones can work, volume, track forward and track back. I am willing to modify the Airbag harness if needed to keep the light off. Its an indicator light, and should not interfere with the operation of the inflator. But I do not want the SRS Malfunction light on the instrument cluster. The rear speakers is a must work tho.

Has anyone got these issues worked out to their satisfaction? I read about and update can bus decoder also.. Did this help?

Obe1
I don't think Seicane carries an is unit
Old 03-18-18, 07:53 PM
Tommystyls
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ianbis
You actually need an updated Canbus unit to fix your airbag light on the instrument cluster staying on after running the system check. I purchased a different unit and had an airbag light issue. I sent a video to the seller and they sent a new Canbus unit and different wiring harness. I installed the new Canbus and my airbag light now functions properly.
which, where?
Old 03-20-18, 08:30 PM
Mysta
Driver

I ordered one and should be inthis week, I'll try and document what I do to install and such as much as possible.

Just curious has anyone found the 'defacto' high quality rear cam? I just wanna make sure my stock nav quality doesn't go down any.
Old 03-21-18, 08:28 AM
obe1
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Mysta
I ordered one and should be inthis week, I'll try and document what I do to install and such as much as possible.

Just curious has anyone found the 'defacto' high quality rear cam? I just wanna make sure my stock nav quality doesn't go down any.
Who and from where did you order one may I ask? I had conversation with :

Amy.
Account manager
Guangzhou Wecaro Electronics Co. Ltd

Land line: +86-020-2813-7068

Email addr.: wecaro_06@kirinavi.net
Tel/Whatsapp: +8618928903920

Wechat: 18928903920

I asked them about the airbag issues with the Tesla units and they are aware and updated the harness to keep the Srs system operational and light functions.

Their unit looks similar to this Da style, just location of the hazard and lights are different than the one pictured here on this thread. I am very interested in where, what and how this unit works out for you. If you have a nav car now, why the change?

I do not have a nav car myself and bought a FlyAudio unit. There is a couple of quirks but overall it performs as expected. The supplies backup camera work really well, it replaced one license plate light and the camera connects to the new light with a RCA connection on a supplier harness to the head unit. This harness has a little single wire that is tied to your backup lights and runs through the harness to the head unit. I connected the yellow rca, and the little wire to my head unit back up camera in little wire. That triggers the head unit screen to display the camera ... input. That’s how the backup camera works on my aftermarket FlyAudio unit. This camera display a grid, but it doesn’t turn as you turn backing up. My car doesn’t have back up assist either. So the camera was a nice addition.

I sure would like like to know who your dealing with and if directly with the manufacture? I am awaiting if there TPMS system will pair with my existing wheel sensors. I know the pairing codes from my yoya tech software.

The quirks I deal with the FlyAudio unit are:
1. Center vent fitment
2. Radio station save satiation you press and hold, and it doesn’t show the saved station until you switch to another band like fm2 or am and come back to fm1. Then the saved station appears.

Minor work arounds. But it’s not perfect. The steering wheel buttons work on the left, and all but one on the right, but the phone buttons answer and hang up work.
The system listening button for voice activation from my factory system doesn’t work.

i recently has to remove my Flyaudio unit and other things to prepare my car for a passenger airbag replacement. I reinstalled the factory unit and left all the glove box, center console and left / right under panels out. I also have a SmartStart system along with
remote start / alarm. It is intergrated through the car. I removed the cell phone module from under the glove box and put my car in valet mode for Lexus. I removed my phone mic and backup camera cord from the head unit and ties them in a loop under the steering wheel. This way the tech has a clean stock car to work on. Then I put everything back. I learned this is a suppled connector from FlyAudio that connected between my factory car harness to their harnes to my lower factory radio. I removed this small harness and wow, my USB port now works, my Satellite radio came back without display, and I can use the lower unit to cycle between the cd changer and the usb connected Decive. Plus the mini 3.5 mm jack line in works and it use too also.
By leaving this jumper harness out, I gained the Sat, and USB working again.

This little supplied harness I left out this time and picked up my oem usb and sat in functions. But no display info on the FlyAudio unit from these two items.

The backup camera with grid.

Boot logo

Rear backup camera mounting
Old 03-21-18, 04:29 PM
Mysta
Driver

I ended up grabbing one from phoenixandroid, there were so many places. The two different ones that you mention with different hazard location are with it without dvd at the top. I'll be picking it up from post office tomorrow. Saturday i installe a different unit from seicane for my sister's 2011 Rav 4 and added reverse cam to it as well so will have a base for comparison.

Quick Reply: CAR-DA 10.4" tesla style head unit for Lexus IS