IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

CAR-DA 10.4" tesla style head unit for Lexus IS

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-17, 09:42 PM
MattaS
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

update:

two days ago i have sent many photos and videos about all the issues....and till now - no reply

i am also looking for alternatives.. have any one of you the wiring diagram for the original unit?? the pionner one??

i also saw at the scosche site that they have within thier unit for the IS a passenger air bag indicator light and seprate connection to it... i send a mail for them.. maybe they can help

i will also try to disassemble the original unit trying to figure out the connection to the air bag indicator...
Old 04-21-17, 01:53 AM
MattaS
Rookie

CAR-DA guys give up on those issues... they said that they will not have solution to those problems.. bad for them... they could sale hundreds of units out there..

meanwhile negotiating with the seller.. hope she will help
Old 04-21-17, 02:09 AM
marcsis250
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

your problem with air bag light being on is because you do not have the air bag indicator for passenger air bag plugged into the bigger of the two plugs you are holding in one of your pictures.

you will need to plug that in and it will comminicate back to air bag system that your passenger seat airbag is in good order. right now the airbag "brain" does not "see" the passenger seat air bag.

so right now if you should get in to a collision your airbags are deactivated. if you want you can remove that center stack with your displays in it and plug it in and it should work, you will just need to find a place to hide it.

good luck.
Old 04-21-17, 02:31 AM
MattaS
Rookie

hello marcsis250 and thanks for your reply

the problem is not in those plugs.. they are connected to the radio not to HVAC control.. where the passanger airbag indicator found...
and when i reconnect JUST the HVAC harness to the original and the all others to CAR-DA unit ... THE AIRBAG PROBLEM SOLVED
Old 04-21-17, 06:50 AM
soundless
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do you by any chance have a video using the unit? im so curious on how smooth it is and if i should get one
Old 04-21-17, 08:26 AM
mthornto88
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MattaS
hello marcsis250 and thanks for your reply

the problem is not in those plugs.. they are connected to the radio not to HVAC control.. where the passanger airbag indicator found...
and when i reconnect JUST the HVAC harness to the original and the all others to CAR-DA unit ... THE AIRBAG PROBLEM SOLVED
MattaS, what model is your car? It's not a US version correct? Does the vendor indicate what lexus version they support? Is it intended for the JDM model?

Last edited by mthornto88; 04-21-17 at 08:26 AM. Reason: typo
Old 04-21-17, 10:00 AM
MattaS
Rookie

i will post a video soon

i think its intended to the JDM model... cause Htoo have no such an air bag problem... but he upgraded from navi unit.
my car is European standard...

the factory replied through the seller that i purchased from:
1- no air cleaning button - and will not be supported
2- the answer keys within the steering wheel will also not be supported cause the car that they develop the unit have no phone keys
Old 04-21-17, 09:25 PM
MattaS
Rookie

hello every one... sorry for bothering so much.. but i am so frustrated..

before i give up i will ask the engineer if he get the original unit - can he resolve all the issues??

after PMing Htoo i understand that they develop the unit on a JDM car ... which have no passenger air bag indicator; nor call steering wheel buttons..
Old 04-23-17, 06:33 PM
valeoray
Intermediate

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Looks like there are some issues that need to be resolved on this unit, but I was just wondering if the Bluetooth allows you to see the contact list on your phone.

Also, can you register more than one phone to the Stereo. If yes, would it autodetect and connect to the nearest phone when the car is started?
Old 04-24-17, 03:20 AM
MattaS
Rookie

that's it... i give up on this unit.. the factory just playing with me.. after sending all the pics and videos and showing them specifically about the airbag issue and it resolved after connecting the original unit.... their reply is: go to the nearest dealership and do a diagnostics... i replied: i have already been there and described what they said... so they replied that i have a problem with the connection... i must go to a professional.... hahaha ....

even after the seller i have bought from contacting them... they have the same reply...

that's it.. bye bye CAR-DA...even if the unit is awesome.. i will not stay with an airbag faulty car... welcome back - original
Old 04-24-17, 06:46 AM
metaleckz
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Can you send it back?
Old 04-24-17, 09:16 AM
MattaS
Rookie

no... they are pretty sure that there unit is not the problem....
Old 04-24-17, 09:34 AM
knyg
Pole Position

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by MattaS
no... they are pretty sure that there unit is not the problem....

refund your credit card. Describe to your bank the problem and that professionals have looked at this faulty item. And the company sold you the item with a false description without giving a refund. Good luck man, I hate these type of sales.
Old 04-25-17, 12:47 AM
MattaS
Rookie

After getting written Lexus technician openion from the UK saying that the problem is within the unit that is not supporting all my car features .... and after exerting pressure on the seller... telling that many of the club members intend to buy if they solve the issues.. CAR-DA guys reconsider to check the issue.. they are searching for an IS with the same features as ours...sending for them the exact model ... hope they can find one and solve all the issues...
Old 04-26-17, 02:34 PM
pchang619
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

MattaS- Thanks for the info and doing the leg work. You are the man. Can't wait to see what the outcome if they get it fix.

Quick Reply: CAR-DA 10.4" tesla style head unit for Lexus IS