IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

New to Lexus, Got it today and love it! Questions!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-16, 07:29 PM
Jaydazler
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to Lexus, Got it today and love it! Questions!

Hi! I am officially a lexus owner! bought a lovely silver Lexus 2nd gen IS250 2006 Sport in New zealand of all places! Its an imported car and has Japanese labels so its a little hard understanding all the functions but have done a lot of research on this forum and clad to be a part of it.

Had a few questions in regard to the sports version:

1. There are a few buttons close to the steering wheel, are they worth utilising while doing long distance trips or?

2. It has a HDD where music plays from, but have no idea how to access the physical drive or if its in the actual console? ( anoying listening to music in a diff language I cant understand haha)

If yall have anything to add or even link me some forums would be flippen helpfull! ill post a picture of the car later on

Thanks
Old 05-12-16, 11:28 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

First off , congrats! Welcome to ClubLexus

As for the buttons near the steering wheel, which ones exactly do you mean? Also when you say HDD are you talking about like those "fancy" systems that store your music using an internal storage space? Because the 2006 didnt come with that as far as I know..

Also yes, post a pic of your car
The following users liked this post:
Jaydazler (11-14-21)
Old 05-13-16, 06:03 AM
Steelo350
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Jaydazler
Hi! I am officially a lexus owner! bought a lovely silver Lexus 2nd gen IS250 2006 Sport in New zealand of all places! Its an imported car and has Japanese labels so its a little hard understanding all the functions but have done a lot of research on this forum and clad to be a part of it.

Had a few questions in regard to the sports version:

1. There are a few buttons close to the steering wheel, are they worth utilising while doing long distance trips or?

2. It has a HDD where music plays from, but have no idea how to access the physical drive or if its in the actual console? ( anoying listening to music in a diff language I cant understand haha)

If yall have anything to add or even link me some forums would be flippen helpfull! ill post a picture of the car later on

Thanks
Hi there and welcome.

I have a 2006 IS350 and are in NZ too. Mine is also in Japanese and hard to understand haha.

As far as I know you can record CD's to the HDD and play them back but I have no idea how to delete this music or anything. Mine has pretty amusing Japanese music on it at the moment. The only time I played a CD in my car it recorded it to the HDD and it remains on there.

Are you talking about the buttons on the steering wheel? because they just control the stereo (left side) and hands free functions (right side).
Old 05-19-16, 02:01 AM
Jaydazler
Driver School Candidate

As far as I know you can record CD's to the HDD and play them back but I have no idea how to delete this music or anything. Mine has pretty amusing Japanese music on it at the moment. The only time I played a CD in my car it recorded it to the HDD and it remains on there.
Hey thanks for the quick response! hows your 350? i'm absolutely in love with my 250, drove it to gisborne and the auckland this week, and just enjoy it immensely!

You are right when it come to I saw some videos of people being able to delete the music, and did a bit of research and heard that you need a manufacture disc to change the language of the actual console. I've figured out how to connect your phone to the hand free, but you can't listen to music via the bluetooth unfortunately, only make and take calls.

As far as the buttons go, there a button on the right that sais "desp" but saw that its basically telling you how much km you have left on the tank and also what gear the car is as you flick through and keep pressing the button!
Old 05-19-16, 02:23 AM
Jaydazler
Driver School Candidate

@tro209

Thanks for that very warm welcome! been stalking the forums for ages checking making sure about getting my lexi! Haha very interesting indeedy, mine actually did come with a HDD! or so the console sais! it's the sports version, but will send pics tomorrow!
Old 05-19-16, 02:24 PM
Jaydazler
Driver School Candidate

Old 05-19-16, 05:31 PM
SeanO
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Looks good !! It has lip kits front and rear as I'm sure you've noticed.

You should "red out" the orange patch on your tail lights its a popular mod on the forums..

maybe some darker tints as well??
Old 05-20-16, 11:22 AM
Gville350

Received 433 Likes on 385 Posts

One headlight is yellowed, while the other is fine. Has the vehicle been in an accident where only one headlight was replaced?

Welcome!
Old 05-20-16, 03:36 PM
Jaydazler
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Gville350
One headlight is yellowed, while the other is fine. Has the vehicle been in an accident where only one headlight was replaced?

Welcome!
Believe it or not, its actually the lighting, both are yellow!
Old 05-20-16, 03:38 PM
Jaydazler
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SeanO
Looks good !! It has lip kits front and rear as I'm sure you've noticed.

You should "red out" the orange patch on your tail lights its a popular mod on the forums..

maybe some darker tints as well??
Will deffs look at getting different lights later on, but for now im just stoked that I have the thing haha! To be 23 and owning a car like this is a bit of a thing I didnt think would happen...Hard work ae!
Old 05-20-16, 07:11 PM
Gville350

Received 433 Likes on 385 Posts

Hit them headlights with one of those cleaner kits! Enjoy!
Old 05-21-16, 08:31 PM
SQLnovice
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Some rubbing compound, and a buffing wheel will work wonders, following by some polish.