IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

eBay VIPMotoz LED Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-17, 02:13 PM
Kaufy19
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone purchased or seen the VIPmotoz Venom inc LED Tail Lights? Trying to find out if they are good quality or not.
Old 07-05-17, 08:54 PM
whitebeast
Pole Position

Received 69 Likes on 64 Posts

I have it on my car and love it so far. Here is some pix

Old 09-13-17, 06:43 AM
Tungstn-IS
Intermediate

Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

My factory lights look like crap these days and I've been looking to replace them, but like so many others, don't care to pay the price of the OEM headlight for an 11yr old daily driver. I've been just putting it off, but now my wife helped me along by hitting my daughters bike pulling too far into the garage, so I might as well replace them and my beat up fog lights when I pull the bumper off to have it repainted.

VIP Moto sells the replacement fog lights as well, but I only see the headlights offered in black and the fogs in chrome which doesn't make much sense. Do they ever offer the headlights in chrome similar to these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2006-2010-Le...tZbXhp&vxp=mtr

Or do they ever go the other way and have black housing fogs to match the headlights? I'm just concerned the black housing lights may look a little dumb on an essentially stock exterior '06, only mods being the f-sport front lip and roof spoiler.
Old 09-13-17, 08:11 AM
Eldr1dgE
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tungstn-IS
My factory lights look like crap these days and I've been looking to replace them, but like so many others, don't care to pay the price of the OEM headlight for an 11yr old daily driver. I've been just putting it off, but now my wife helped me along by hitting my daughters bike pulling too far into the garage, so I might as well replace them and my beat up fog lights when I pull the bumper off to have it repainted.

VIP Moto sells the replacement fog lights as well, but I only see the headlights offered in black and the fogs in chrome which doesn't make much sense. Do they ever offer the headlights in chrome similar to these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2006-2010-Le...tZbXhp&vxp=mtr

Or do they ever go the other way and have black housing fogs to match the headlights? I'm just concerned the black housing lights may look a little dumb on an essentially stock exterior '06, only mods being the f-sport front lip and roof spoiler.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ml#post9128328

They sell the smoked fogs also. I replaced headlights, foglights & taillights. I posted this on another thread about these headlights.
Old 09-13-17, 09:50 AM
Tungstn-IS
Intermediate

Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Eldr1dgE
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ml#post9128328

They sell the smoked fogs also. I replaced headlights, foglights & taillights. I posted this on another thread about these headlights.
I guess they're out of stock with the fogs. I see the different headlights now.
Old 11-22-17, 09:23 PM
sinister2c
Racer

Received 177 Likes on 139 Posts

I just ordered the black housing but what I don’t understand is why they don’t sell the chrome with clear lens version.

they have black housing clear lens and chrome with smoke lens. They also have black housing with smoke lens. Why not the fourth combo.
The chrome and clear would be much more popular with stock car people. Or people like me who like the OEMish look.

Originally Posted by Tungstn-IS

VIP Moto sells the replacement fog lights as well, but I only see the headlights offered in black and the fogs in chrome which doesn't make much sense. Do they ever offer the headlights in chrome similar to these:
Old 11-24-17, 05:35 AM
See5
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Guys am searching for LED high beams that fit the housing. Any one tried and worked with him/her ? Please share the item.

Thanks
Old 11-28-17, 09:39 AM
Raar
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ordered these with the HID pre-installed. They had a LED low beam option too for about the same price, but the tech on the phone said they run into more problems with those. I plan on installing them tonight.
Old 11-28-17, 09:20 PM
whitebeast
Pole Position

After 2.5 years, my headlight clearcoat start to peeling off. I would have to re-clear it in a week or so.
Old 11-28-17, 09:21 PM
whitebeast
Pole Position

Local shop do it for $50 (sanding and clear it out using clearcoat spray)
Old 11-29-17, 09:28 AM
sinister2c
Racer

Originally Posted by whitebeast
Local shop do it for $50 (sanding and clear it out using clearcoat spray)
that will probably be a much better UV protector than what these lights came with.

My my brother has been doing this on his OEM headlights every few years since his car is always outside in South Florida sun.
Old 11-29-17, 10:20 PM
whitebeast
Pole Position

I'm not trying to avoid anything but would like to find out how long it's holding up
Old 12-01-17, 05:06 AM
sinister2c
Racer

Originally Posted by whitebeast
I'm not trying to avoid anything but would like to find out how long it's holding up
It depends on the quality of the urethane clear they use. It should be a top quality one used for paint clear...which should last 3 to 4 years if you take care of it like cleaning and waxing.
Old 12-01-17, 11:42 AM
whitebeast
Pole Position

I wash my car at least twice a week
Old 12-17-17, 05:14 PM
Gjohnson
Driver

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Hey guys. I am looking for a HID conversion with LED DRL and came across this thread. Has anyone had any experience with the new VIPMotoz built in HID Low Beam lights?

Is there another option out there that I am missing that has the HID conversion pre-installed?

Quick Reply: eBay VIPMotoz LED Headlights