Plastic dipped my fsport matte blue

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-15, 05:41 PM
chilch4
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plastic dipped my fsport matte blue

i like it pretty well

Last edited by chilch4; 05-09-15 at 05:49 PM.
Old 05-09-15, 06:05 PM
SGMISF
Rookie

Thanks for sharing, not a fan personally. But as long as you like it.
Old 05-09-15, 07:10 PM
Ants350
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I like it how long it took you how much plasti dip and coats you did?
Old 05-09-15, 08:23 PM
chilch4
Driver School Candidate

It took about 6 total coats (should have done more) and took about 8 hours total with prep and time between coats
Old 05-09-15, 08:26 PM
RUCKER
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Man you get a window tint and it'll look sweet, especially since the wheels are blacked out. It'll accent the whole car nicely.

Good protective coat to keep your original paint clean underneath, you'll get that money back out of it when you go to sell it.

Unless you have the notorious dent on the roof and your hoods misaligned. Then it's pretty much totaled if not salvage title at best.
Old 05-09-15, 08:33 PM
pheonix72
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by RUCKER
Man you get a window tint and it'll look sweet, especially since the wheels are blacked out. It'll accent the whole car nicely.

Good protective coat to keep your original paint clean underneath, you'll get that money back out of it when you go to sell it.

Unless you have the notorious dent on the roof and your hoods misaligned. Then it's pretty much totaled if not salvage title at best.
WTF? Maybe you should come and inspect his car and add to your list of defective cars

To the OP- great job. I like it! I wonder how well they will hold up?
Old 05-10-15, 05:47 AM
Ants350
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by chilch4
It took about 6 total coats (should have done more) and took about 8 hours total with prep and time between coats
How much plasti dip you needed?
Old 05-10-15, 09:48 AM
chilch4
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by pheonix72
WTF? Maybe you should come and inspect his car and add to your list of defective cars

To the OP- great job. I like it! I wonder how well they will hold up?
its holding up really well as of now. I wish i would have done a few more coats, it called for more but i skimped by. I can wash it with a soft brush and pressure wash it just fine with now worries. so I'm happy

Originally Posted by Ants250
How much plasti dip you needed?
i bought three gallons of base then two gallons of top coat.
Old 05-11-15, 08:25 AM
dyongg
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

what made you want to do plastidip instead of wrapping the whole car in vinyl? won't plastidip get hard to take off after it's been left on for a while?

??? I'm starting to think this is your full-time job lmao. maybe you should just sell your IS? doesn't seem like you are very happy with the purchase anyway..
Old 05-11-15, 10:07 AM
Sean
Lead Lap

I don't think it is hard to take off no matter how long it has been on unless it has been applied too thinly. 6 coats should be no problem.

Looks good btw. There is a matte blue CTS-V coupe I see around my town occasionally that I also really like, but I'm not sure if it is dipped or vinyl.
Old 05-11-15, 04:24 PM
SGMISF
Rookie

This is quickly turning into a case of harassment. Can you please refrain from posting these slanderous accusations on the 2is chassis?
Old 05-11-15, 04:32 PM
chilch4
Driver School Candidate

[QUOTE=dyongg;9034734]what made you want to do plastidip instead of wrapping the whole car in vinyl? won't plastidip get hard to take off after it's been left on for a while?
/QUOTE]

Nah they have come along way with plastic dip, you can leave it on for years if properly maintained and its a quarter of the cost of wrapping it
Old 05-11-15, 04:45 PM
Need4Speed
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 52 Posts

Looks good..
Old 05-11-15, 06:47 PM
RUCKER
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SGMISF
This is quickly turning into a case of harassment. Can you please refrain from posting these slanderous accusations on the 2is chassis?
I complimented his ride, and notice how I said "unless" which is the equivalent to 'if' in this case, then I mentioned that issue. Nothing was definitive about my statement so I'm not slandering his car by any means, I happen to be a fan of the body style, doesn't mean I can't fault it's structural flaws and instability.

And you're in denial if you don't think its a rampant widespread issue. The people in the thread pointing it out and had that issue outnumbered the people that didn't 8 to 1. And it's not something that just recently started occurring, and it's not limited to just a select few vehicles, it's been happening to peoples' 2is's for years, it's only now just recently become recognized as a widespread issue, and I'm leading the charge in educating people on that.

I'm doing people a favor by speaking up about it and pointing it out. As a result of that newfound info I will never buy a 2is unless its in the $5-6k range, so incase it happens to mine, my repair costs set me back as if I paid $15-16k for it. Which balances things out in the grand scheme of things.

Even someone in another thread mentioned how they couldn't sell their 2is AWD for the life of them, and it's probably because people aren't chomping at the bit to take the risk of that chassis folding in on them. If you don't have showroom level body lines I'm sorry but people aren't going to pay top dollar for your vehicle, they'll likely think it was in an accident and been improperly repaired.

But that's besides the point, I like what this guys done with his car and going against the grain and doing his own thing. I think a tint job would really set the dipped paint job off and bring the whole car together nicely and complete its look. It's just funny people get so defensive over something that is a very real issue. Instead of speaking up about it and getting the big guys to do something about it, they want to keep it hush hush until they can upgrade and dump the problem off on us, the little guys. And that's what's not right.
Old 05-11-15, 08:22 PM
SGMISF
Rookie

I complimented his ride, and notice how I said "unless" which is the equivalent to 'if' in this case, then I mentioned that issue. Nothing was definitive about my statement so I'm not slandering his car by any means, I happen to be a fan of the body style, doesn't mean I can't fault it's structural flaws and instability.

And you're in denial if you don't think its a rampant widespread issue. The people in the thread pointing it out and had that issue outnumbered the people that didn't 8 to 1. And it's not something that just recently started occurring, and it's not limited to just a select few vehicles, it's been happening to peoples' 2is's for years, it's only now just recently become recognized as a widespread issue, and I'm leading the charge in educating people on that.

I'm doing people a favor by speaking up about it and pointing it out. As a result of that newfound info I will never buy a 2is unless its in the $5-6k range, so incase it happens to mine, my repair costs set me back as if I paid $15-16k for it. Which balances things out in the grand scheme of things.

Even someone in another thread mentioned how they couldn't sell their 2is AWD for the life of them, and it's probably because people aren't chomping at the bit to take the risk of that chassis folding in on them. If you don't have showroom level body lines I'm sorry but people aren't going to pay top dollar for your vehicle, they'll likely think it was in an accident and been improperly repaired.

But that's besides the point, I like what this guys done with his car and going against the grain and doing his own thing. I think a tint job would really set the dipped paint job off and bring the whole car together nicely and complete its look. It's just funny people get so defensive over something that is a very real issue. Instead of speaking up about it and getting the big guys to do something about it, they want to keep it hush hush until they can upgrade and dump the problem off on us, the little guys. And that's what's not right.
That's nice. Make your own thread and have a discussion about it then. Resale value of his car is irrelevant in this thread topic.

Quick Reply: Plastic dipped my fsport matte blue