IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Body kits don't fit

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-14, 12:23 PM
tkduhfob
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Body kits don't fit

I bought a front lip and a diffuser from Ebay for my 2008 is250 and went to a bodyshop, tried to put those on but they didn't fit at all. The front lip was smaller than my front bumper and the diffuser was bigger than my rear bumper, so there were pretty big gaps between the kits and my car. I asked seller if he sent me the wrong ones but nah they say they got me the right ones. I already painted the body kits, so, can't even return. Anyone had a problem like this? links below go to the body kits.
Front lip http://www.ebay.com/itm/350667354280...S:1120&vxp=mtr
Diffuser https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#in...5d03f5f7ddbd56
Old 05-22-14, 12:25 PM
reyoasian
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

1. your diffuser link doesn't work
2. you bought reps, you should've prepared for fitment issues
3. your bodyshop is useless if they can't make things fit
Old 05-22-14, 03:18 PM
Downtuned
Lead Lap

that sucks, i would say you could argue getting your money back, start a claim with ebay returns. first, though, i would try and contact the seller. sellers dont like to go in the red with bad reviews on ebay, so they might be able to help you as well.
Old 05-22-14, 03:19 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

1. pay to play
2. do it once do it right
3. support authenticity
Old 05-22-14, 03:34 PM
HighImStan
Pole Position

Authentic don't fit 100% either. Sup Jared?
Old 05-22-14, 03:37 PM
Hoovey689

Originally Posted by HighImStan
Authentic don't fit 100% either. Sup Jared?
Not when you get sent Josh's '09 Wald lip and he gets sent your '08 Wald lip no
Old 05-22-14, 04:12 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

"CHEAP" eBay parts have a funny way of doing that! You get what you pay for.
Buy an authentic JP Visage lip then. Sorry to be so harsh but that's the name of the game. Welcome to CL.

What's up Stan?
Old 05-22-14, 05:00 PM
JusticeK
Rookie

As much as this is unfortunate, it seems a little unfair to solely blame the seller. I mean there's couple of factors to this.
1. its a rep
2. you knew it was a rep and paid rep prices
3. I've seen extensive research and commitment by professionals to make crazy things fit, it seems like most kits can be fit as long as its in the right hands. Possibly look for a second opinion in a different reputable shop?

Jay
Old 05-23-14, 04:33 AM
HighImStan
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Sffd103
"CHEAP" eBay parts have a funny way of doing that! You get what you pay for.
Buy an authentic JP Visage lip then. Sorry to be so harsh but that's the name of the game. Welcome to CL.

What's up Stan?
I'm good. How are you guys doing?

As Sffd and Hoovey said. You got to pay to play.
Old 05-23-14, 05:57 AM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
1. pay to play
2. do it once do it right
3. support authenticity
THIS.

Also. Find a new shop.
Old 05-23-14, 07:12 AM
Zinda
Lexus Test Driver

Lol support authenticity? They are some very good replicas out there and this forum is useful in going through all the crap to figure out what is good. I find the authenticity argument to be a non-starter it is in the benefit of the manufacturer instead of my own.

I would be more inclined to buy the authentic stuff if they priced their products with less exorbitant price.
Old 05-23-14, 11:10 AM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Zinda
Lol support authenticity? They are some very good replicas out there and this forum is useful in going through all the crap to figure out what is good. I find the authenticity argument to be a non-starter it is in the benefit of the manufacturer instead of my own.

I would be more inclined to buy the authentic stuff if they priced their products with less exorbitant price.
As far as your statement goes, you say there are "some" good replica parts out there. First off, you say some which is not all. Your other statement about their "exorbitant" prices. These "manufacturers" actually make a mold of the original car. That takes a lot if work and design. That's why their prices are so high. Throw in that parts are coming from Japan and that will drive the prices up. Replica parts are just that, FAKE. You can't ever expect a replica part to fit perfectly like an authentic piece. Another way to look at is you'll pay cheap on eBay but end up paying more in labor at the body shop. So people shouldn't really complain about how something looks if they're paying 3 times cheaper than authentic.
Old 05-23-14, 11:16 AM
Zinda
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Sffd103
As far as your statement goes, you say there are "some" good replica parts out there. First off, you say some which is not all. Your other statement about their "exorbitant" prices. These "manufacturers" actually make a mold of the original car. That takes a lot if work and design. That's why their prices are so high. Throw in that parts are coming from Japan and that will drive the prices up. Replica parts are just that, FAKE. You can't ever expect a replica part to fit perfectly like an authentic piece. Another way to look at is you'll pay cheap on eBay but end up paying more in labor at the body shop. So people shouldn't really complain about how something looks if they're paying 3 times cheaper than authentic.
I don't have a problem with the "fakes" I do my due diligence and use this forum to help bypass the garbage. So it works out and honestly I haven't had a fitment issue yet with anything I have bought. My point is not all the fakes are garbage with fitment issues and again not in my interest to look out for the manufacturer.
Old 05-23-14, 11:29 AM
Hoovey689

Originally Posted by Zinda
I don't have a problem with the "fakes" I do my due diligence and use this forum to help bypass the garbage. So it works out and honestly I haven't had a fitment issue yet with anything I have bought. My point is not all the fakes are garbage with fitment issues and again not in my interest to look out for the manufacturer.
And yes that is true. The other part of it is when you buy Authentic, the manufacturer is more likely to back up their product as name and reputation are important for both business and consumer
Old 05-23-14, 12:22 PM
DKIS350
Rookie

That definitely sucks. I dont care if its OEM body panels, aftermarket, plastic, fiberglass, metal, whatever...the rules apply.....

Body Work 101
1. test fit
2. adjust
3. repeat steps 1 and 2 as needed
4. PAINT (last)

Quick Reply: Body kits don't fit