IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Pissed of NSX driver by IS350

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-14, 05:53 PM
joedaddy1
Racer

Received 177 Likes on 138 Posts

man, i hate it when people pull that stuff on me.. when I switch lanes behind them, and then seeing this, they also switch lanes..

but ya.. way to show off the monster of that is350...
Old 03-18-14, 06:01 PM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with one thing. People don't know how quick the IS350 actually is. Just because the IS250 is one of the slowest luxury sedan people automatically think the IS350 would be the same.
Old 03-18-14, 08:16 PM
jdmSW20
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by blitz_714
Yeah, what's up with NSX dudes lolz, they picked on me too lolz . No chance in hell for them either, im in my ISF or my IS350
i would hope an 8spd V8 would be beating a 20+ year old 290hp v6 lol

Originally Posted by joedaddy1
man, i hate it when people pull that stuff on me.. when I switch lanes behind them, and then seeing this, they also switch lanes..

but ya.. way to show off the monster of that is350...
this made me bust out laughing LMAO
Old 03-18-14, 11:05 PM
jasonr
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So both of us were getting on HWY and i right lane was ending. So he was behind me and he knew that i will go left first. But he decided to show off. So i moved left and left him 3 cars behind. I slowed down to HWY speed limit.
So He was pissed that i didn't let him go first and my car was faster haha.
He had crazy white, green body kit and huge spoiler.
Old 03-18-14, 11:36 PM
dfwjohnd
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by KA8
Just a few months ago I was cruising in my Z, minding my own business prepare to stop at a light. Then a new CTS went fast and cut in front me( on a 3 lane blvd). Again minding my own business I changed lanes so I ended next to him. Light hits green, I was going slow then this guy cuts me off three times and brake checked me. Oh yea he pissed me off now. I sped up once and he couldn't pass me no matter how much he tried. Let's just say he has a permanent mark on his new car.
WOW... THAT WAS ME! You are NOT telling both side of the story! I've been looking for you... PM'D

JK
Old 03-18-14, 11:45 PM
Boy1109
Driver

cool story but be careful not to hurt the other innocent drivers on your way.
Old 03-18-14, 11:54 PM
jasonr
Driver

are you serious? Most of the california people don't know how to drive. Where are the innocent drivers?
They change lane even you are next to them.
Old 03-19-14, 01:52 AM
Boy1109
Driver

I'm just saying, be careful. If you want to race and have a good time by all means do so but in a safely manner. What if it was one of your loves one who got hit and seriously hurt or even worst died, all because someone wanted to show off how fast their car was.
Old 03-19-14, 07:51 AM
510to808
Pole Position

nsx look cleaner though lol
Old 03-19-14, 11:55 AM
1BADNSX
Driver School Candidate

Because the straight line acceleration ability of each car is so similar, which ever car gets the jump will win. Much like off the line in a drag race. I happen to own both cars, so I know which one is quicker ;-)
Old 03-19-14, 03:25 PM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1BADNSX
Because the straight line acceleration ability of each car is so similar, which ever car gets the jump will win. Much like off the line in a drag race. I happen to own both cars, so I know which one is quicker ;-)
Which one is quicker stock for stock?
Old 03-19-14, 06:27 PM
UKDSMer
Driver School Candidate

No one is a perfect driver and people have different tolerances for certain driving styles. From the racer weaving in and out of traffic to make it to the next exit 10 seconds before you do to the perfect driver cruising down the acceleration ramp at 50 to the end only to be puzzled by everyone doing 80 causing drivers move out the way quickly.

I do a lot of driving and have seen some stupid *** crap out there. Most of it has nothing to do with speed but sheer disregard for anyone else but them selves! Changing 3 lanes, 65 in the outside lane with no other cars on the highway. Changing lanes whenever they want because they have their indicator on!

Don't forget all those medicated people too One missed pill away from passing out.

Speed is dangerous because when something goes wrong it hurts more. It's certainly not the most dangerous thing I see.

Just saying Flame away.
Old 03-19-14, 10:27 PM
jasonr
Driver

Originally Posted by Boy1109
I'm just saying, be careful. If you want to race and have a good time by all means do so but in a safely manner. What if it was one of your loves one who got hit and seriously hurt or even worst died, all because someone wanted to show off how fast their car was.
I think people get hurt even if they are not driving. I think i drive safer than general public. Driving slow doesn't mean they can hurt anyone or they know how to drive and control a vehicle. so your statement is incorrect. Accidents happen because people don't know how to drive or control vehicles. I never said i was speeding. I accelerated to 65 little quicker than normal vehicle. How is it dangerous to your or someones love ones. I hope their kids are not playing on the HWY…..
Old 03-19-14, 10:36 PM
jasonr
Driver

Originally Posted by UKDSMer
No one is a perfect driver and people have different tolerances for certain driving styles. From the racer weaving in and out of traffic to make it to the next exit 10 seconds before you do to the perfect driver cruising down the acceleration ramp at 50 to the end only to be puzzled by everyone doing 80 causing drivers move out the way quickly.

I do a lot of driving and have seen some stupid *** crap out there. Most of it has nothing to do with speed but sheer disregard for anyone else but them selves! Changing 3 lanes, 65 in the outside lane with no other cars on the highway. Changing lanes whenever they want because they have their indicator on!

Don't forget all those medicated people too One missed pill away from passing out.

Speed is dangerous because when something goes wrong it hurts more. It's certainly not the most dangerous thing I see.

Just saying Flame away.
I agree with some of your statements. But when some has indicator on means they want to turn or try to take the next exit. but people always ignore the turn signal and continue to drive faster. For safe driving you must let the person change lane if they have indicator on and been waiting for a while. Its called courtesy. I have seen people missed their exits because some idiots didn't care and never let them change lane. There are million scenarios when slow drivers caused an accident.

Also even something goes wrong at 65MPH is enough to kill someone or even the driver. anything over 35-40 miles is dangerous. So at what point you determine if someone is speeding? If they are faster than you? speed kills. No matter if you are doing 60 or 80 or even 100. its all about your luck.
People have slipped, fell and died in shower lol. So it doesn't mean we can't shower because you have chances of slipping and get hurt.
Old 03-20-14, 02:50 AM
ImportISF
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 1BADNSX
Good points made by a lot of people in this thread & I agree with this post, when I had my NSX (stock) I raced my buddies stock IS350 at freeway rolls often. It really is basically whoever gets the jump first because we were neck & neck every single time. So if OP were the one behind the NSX, then you wouldn't have been able to pass the NSX as well. I tell you what though, the 6spd transmission that came out in '97 really improved the acceleration vs pre '97 NSX's. People tend to forget how old the car is because of how modern it still looks, heck when the NSX first came out 24 years ago, the Lexus LS400 was still brand new at the showroom floors. I think about selling my C63 for another NSX often..& if you were to ask me to choose between my IS350 or a NSX..well there is no question on which car I would choose lol.

Last edited by ImportISF; 03-20-14 at 02:57 AM.

Quick Reply: Pissed of NSX driver by IS350