IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Check VSC Light - need to replace transmission

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-15, 02:55 PM
MWIS350
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by imdrax
Yea, it's just a matter of dropping the pan, and then a single bolt holds in the retainer pins for both solenoids.
You got solenoid from Lexus dealer or websites? Thank.

Last edited by MWIS350; 10-29-15 at 03:00 PM.
Old 11-06-15, 12:48 PM
Jamezy
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jamezy
Having the exact same issue, 07is250 with 118k miles. Car shifts smoothly, no hesitating, no stalling, no shutting off, but the CEL, Check VSC and vehicle stability control lights are all on. Just last night I cleared the code and literally 20 miles later it came back on. Im literally sitting in the waiting area of the dealership waiting to hear back from the techs. Hopefully they won't say it needs a new transmission (it shifts perfectly fine) and I'll walk away paying for a flush only.
UPDATE: No shavings in my tranny's pan (ha!) replaced the solenoid [35280], going on over 100 miles and no CEL/VSC
Old 11-06-15, 05:46 PM
MWIS350
Lexus Champion

UPDATE: No shavings in my tranny's pan (ha!) replaced the solenoid [35280], going on over 100 miles and no CEL/VSC
How do we know where each solenoid is located?
Old 11-13-15, 11:26 AM
Jamezy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MWIS350
How do we know where each solenoid is located?
Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails Check VSC Light - need to replace transmission-355705b.jpg   Check VSC Light - need to replace transmission-trans3.gif  
Old 11-13-15, 08:27 PM
MWIS350
Lexus Champion

Hope this helps.
Thank you.
Old 11-17-15, 03:55 PM
is250uk
Driver School Candidate

Default is250 07

Hello.i had the same problem with my is250, 2007 ,170k miles.no any troubles on gears only error code P2757 with check VSC,check engine and traction control lights.i started with fluid change and after 3 days error code and all lights came again.we just clean the error code and almost 3 weeks nothing everything is fine until today.i already bought slu solenoid 35280-30050 from Lexus for 185 pounds and i am waiting on next error code coming i will replace it(but i hope it will never come again ).
p.s.-i have a question: how many litters new transmission fluid do you replace ?
thanks in advance Rangel
Old 11-18-15, 08:55 PM
Keo
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Guess I'm part of this unlucky camp. Just today in the morning driving to work I notice my rpm was up too high and would not change up to the 5th gear. Also at a stop and go the car felt more sluggish slow on acceleration.

Tempted to find a fix and reading on all these big issue and payments , which I can not afford due to so much going on. I decided to Unplug the negative terminal battery for over 10min.

Soon enough the 3 lights was off , took it to a test drive around the neighborhood and it went past 4th gear. Response is also much faster.
Old 11-19-15, 09:28 AM
MWIS350
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by is250uk
Hello.i had the same problem with my is250, 2007 ,170k miles.no any troubles on gears only error code P2757 with check VSC,check engine and traction control lights.i started with fluid change and after 3 days error code and all lights came again.we just clean the error code and almost 3 weeks nothing everything is fine until today.i already bought slu solenoid 35280-30050 from Lexus for 185 pounds and i am waiting on next error code coming i will replace it(but i hope it will never come again ).
p.s.-i have a question: how many litters new transmission fluid do you replace ?
thanks in advance Rangel
2 quarts from transmission oil pan. You have to keep changing about 3 time 2 quart each time. Better to bring it it dealer so they can flush out all the transmission oil.
Old 11-19-15, 09:30 AM
MWIS350
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Keo
Guess I'm part of this unlucky camp. Just today in the morning driving to work I notice my rpm was up too high and would not change up to the 5th gear. Also at a stop and go the car felt more sluggish slow on acceleration.

Tempted to find a fix and reading on all these big issue and payments , which I can not afford due to so much going on. I decided to Unplug the negative terminal battery for over 10min.

Soon enough the 3 lights was off , took it to a test drive around the neighborhood and it went past 4th gear. Response is also much faster.
Bring it to dealer they will updates your transmission ECU for $70. I would also recommend flush and change transmission oil dealer charge $250.
Old 11-20-15, 11:53 PM
is250uk
Driver School Candidate

Hello.i had the same problem with my is250, 2007 ,170k miles.no any troubles on gears only error code P2757 with check VSC,check engine and traction control lights.i started with fluid change/fluid was very very black/ and after 3 days error code and all lights came again.we just clean the error code and almost 3 weeks nothing everything is fine until today.i already bought slu solenoid 35280-30050 from Lexus for 185 pounds and i am waiting on next error code coming i will replace it(but i hope it will never come again ).
thanks in advance Rangel
UPDATE: So 3 weeks later VSC,check and traction ligts with error code P2757 came back.i already bought SLU solenoid 35280-30050 and next week ill replace it.ill keeep you update
Old 11-30-15, 03:29 PM
is250uk
Driver School Candidate

UPDATE: So 3 weeks later VSC,check and traction ligts with error code P2757 came back.i already bought SLU solenoid 35280-30050 and next week ill replace it.ill keeep you update

UPDATE:
SLU solenoid 35280-30050 replaced.already drove 200miles no any error codes.\!!!
The following users liked this post:
CamelKool (03-08-21)
Old 12-02-15, 02:19 PM
Gville350

Received 430 Likes on 384 Posts

^Hope that's all that it needed! Report back if anything changes.
Old 01-11-16, 01:54 PM
Trolling55
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CarlitosPR
I'm changing the torque converter solenoid at this moment ant should be the solution to the problem.

anyone know what the part number for this solenoid?
Old 01-11-16, 08:41 PM
dkobryant
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default few thoughts

The transmission is guaranteed for the "life" of the car. But "life" doesn't mean forever, according to Lexus. It's something close to 100K miles. Never changing transmission oil is a ridiculous idea, and part of what's causing so many to fail at around 100k miles. Transmission shops will drain the oil, but they cannot get it all out at once, so they have to change it a couple of times over a 12 month period, if it's never been done. The 2757 code can be triggered by thick or gummy fluid or dirty oil. It is very sensitive to changes in hydraulic pressure, so try the oil change first to see if that fixes it. If not, then replace the solenoid and do another oil change with filter ($500). Lexus recommends getting a new tranny and will not change the solenoid when this code appears. Some Lexus mechanics told me it is too much of a liability, because they might get blamed for future problems in the transmission (other solenoids, etc.) They used to change torque converter solenoids, but too many people blamed them for other problems that came later, and they were held responsible for the entire tranny. Now they tell people "you're just putting a band aid on a larger problem," meaning the tranny is old and starting to wear out. They'll tell you that more problems are on the way and easier to replace it all at once, which isn't necessarily true. But they'll try to talk you out of it. Some people actually have bad torque converters and need a total rebuild ($3000). For me, it was just a bad solenoid. The symptoms were mild or barely noticeable: at lower speeds it felt like the car chose higher gears. The solenoid fixed everything, and the car runs better than ever with no codes for the last 10,000 miles.

Last edited by dkobryant; 01-12-16 at 07:50 AM.
Old 01-11-16, 08:46 PM
MWIS350
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by dkobryant
The transmission is guaranteed for the "life" of the car. But "life" doesn't mean forever, according to Lexus. It's something close to 100K miles. Never changing transmission oil is a ridiculous idea, and part of what's causing so many to fail at around 100k miles. Transmission shops will drain the oil, but they cannot get it all out at once, so they have to change it a couple of times over a 12 month period, if it's never been done. The 2757 code can be triggered by thick or gummy fluid or dirty oil. It is very sensitive to changes in hydraulic pressure, so try the oil change first to see if that fixes it. If not, then replace the solenoid and do another oil change with filter ($500). Lexus recommends getting a new tranny and will not change the solenoid when this code appears. Some Lexus mechanics told me it is too much of a liability, because they might get blamed for future problems in the transmission (other solenoids, etc.) They used to change torque converter solenoids, but too many people blamed them for other problems that came later, and they were held responsible for the entire tranny. Now they tell people "you're just putting a band aid on a larger problem," meaning the tranny is old and starting to wear out. They'll tell you that more problems are on the way and easier to replace it all at once, which isn't necessarily true. But they'll try to talk you out of it. Some people actually have bad tongue converters and need a total rebuild ($3000). For me, it was just a bad solenoid. The symptoms were mild or barely noticeable: at lower speeds it felt like the car chose higher gears. The solenoid fixed everything, and the car runs better than ever with no codes for the last 10,000 miles.
Which solenoid ans part number? And location dos you change? Thank

Quick Reply: Check VSC Light - need to replace transmission