IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

My '06 2IS NAV unit issues...NOT touchscreen related!

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-17, 08:51 AM
txnarn
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just an update, I wasn't able to order the PCboard from the opaudio site because they were sold out. I found the same one one Aliexpress—also from China—and it was the same price: $299 plus $10 for shipping. I'm hopeful it'll be here in the next two weeks and will report back if it's a success...
The following users liked this post:
RPMGraphic (01-01-17)
Old 01-01-17, 05:40 PM
RPMGraphic
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by txnarn
Just an update, I wasn't able to order the PCboard from the opaudio site because they were sold out. I found the same one one Aliexpress—also from China—and it was the same price: $299 plus $10 for shipping. I'm hopeful it'll be here in the next two weeks and will report back if it's a success...

So you have the Blank screen & none of the buttons on side or bottom working? I just bought an IS350 for my wife & the navi was working when i had my cousin check it out for me but after we drove in from New Orleans to Houston it wasn't working. Black screen & no buttons work. From what i'm told it is that board & like you found it only outside the US. I just bought a non navi control panel for now so she can have ac & heat, but really want to get the navi working without buying a used one that this may happen to again. PLEASE keep me informed as to how this goes for you. Hell, I'll even hook you up with a custom IS350 hat.
Old 01-02-17, 11:19 AM
wbwufpack
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RPMGraphic
So you have the Blank screen & none of the buttons on side or bottom working? I just bought an IS350 for my wife & the navi was working when i had my cousin check it out for me but after we drove in from New Orleans to Houston it wasn't working. Black screen & no buttons work. From what i'm told it is that board & like you found it only outside the US. I just bought a non navi control panel for now so she can have ac & heat, but really want to get the navi working without buying a used one that this may happen to again. PLEASE keep me informed as to how this goes for you. Hell, I'll even hook you up with a custom IS350 hat.
Were you able to install a non-nav head unit when it had factory nav? I didn't think that would work. I would love to know if you successfully did it it though. I have an 09 with factory nav and I figure I will have to deal with this someday.
Old 01-02-17, 11:51 AM
RPMGraphic
Driver School Candidate

i just bought one the other day so as soon as it arrives i will try it out. I also just bought a used navi unit too. I was told by a few people it should work going from navi to non navi, no problem, just not the other way around. i just won't be plugging in the navi stuff. if it works it will definitely be a quick, inexpensive fix to have ac & heat while getting your navi unit fixed. it was only $70 for the non navi control panel. if it doesn't work i will just sell it. if it does i will keep it around in case the navi unit goes out again.
Old 01-02-17, 02:37 PM
whitebeast
Pole Position

Received 69 Likes on 64 Posts

You could put none Nav in NAV vehicle. However, it required a lot of wiring work (including cut off your factory wiring).
Old 01-02-17, 02:38 PM
whitebeast
Pole Position

Txnarm, what is the warranty on those Display driver board?
Old 01-02-17, 03:39 PM
RPMGraphic
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by whitebeast
You could put none Nav in NAV vehicle. However, it required a lot of wiring work (including cut off your factory wiring).

I was told it will plug right in. just won't be pluging in the navi.
Old 01-02-17, 03:42 PM
RPMGraphic
Driver School Candidate

Txnarm, what is the warranty on those Display driver board?

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...313001011.html

I'm not sure of the warranty but from what i'm told by a few companies that replace the boards is that it is the same exact board that is in them now, no improvement made to them, & they should be good for 8-10 years.
Old 01-03-17, 10:02 PM
whitebeast
Pole Position

Yes, the unit fit perfectly but the wiring is totally not. You would need 2 or 3 connectors to re-wiring. I did retrofit on 3 is350 already and know how FUN was it
Old 01-04-17, 06:30 AM
RPMGraphic
Driver School Candidate

Yes, the unit fit perfectly but the wiring is totally not. You would need 2 or 3 connectors to re-wiring. I did retrofit on 3 is350 already and know how FUN was it

uhg!!! that's not what i wanted to hear! i was hoping the climate controls would plug right in.
Old 01-06-17, 01:42 PM
g2bme
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HI All, so just reading through the thread there are a couple of options but case in point - there is no aftermarket touch screen options for GPS and onboard controls that we can plug right in? I know there's David Kim on the boards here that has offered a fix and his success rate has been great. I have yet to hit him up, i've moved further south in california and going back to LA i don't have the time.
Old 01-09-17, 03:21 PM
txnarn
Driver School Candidate

Okay, I just finished installing the new PC board and everything fired on correctly! It's been so long that I haven't had a working screen, and the ability to change climate controls, I've forgotten how it feels. The part is from the Aliexpress link identified above from RPGraphic and I received it via DHL in about 7 days from ordering—total cost $321 including shipping. Whole install job took my friend less than an hour. This definitely feels solid and I know if I need to have the faulty board reballed, I know I can do it locally for a cheaper amount than ordering a new board.

White Beast—I'm not sure what kind of warranty is offered, my guess is not more than a few months to a year.

Last edited by txnarn; 01-09-17 at 03:33 PM.
The following users liked this post:
RPMGraphic (01-19-17)
Old 01-10-17, 04:08 PM
whitebeast
Pole Position

I did contact the seller and they offered only 30 days from the day you received but I did not found any complaint yet so .... enjoy it!!!!!
Old 01-19-17, 10:15 AM
isthrizzy
Lead Lap

Great news...I've been off the forum for a few months but never did get this fully working again. Thanks to this post I've also ordered a replacement board from Alliexpress, I'll report back once I have it installed.

Originally Posted by txnarn
Okay, I just finished installing the new PC board and everything fired on correctly! It's been so long that I haven't had a working screen, and the ability to change climate controls, I've forgotten how it feels. The part is from the Aliexpress link identified above from RPGraphic and I received it via DHL in about 7 days from ordering—total cost $321 including shipping. Whole install job took my friend less than an hour. This definitely feels solid and I know if I need to have the faulty board reballed, I know I can do it locally for a cheaper amount than ordering a new board.

White Beast—I'm not sure what kind of warranty is offered, my guess is not more than a few months to a year.
Old 01-19-17, 10:52 AM
RPMGraphic
Driver School Candidate

that's awesome!! i ended up buying a used working unit for under $500. I'm probably going to order the board as soon as i have some extra cash just in case this one goes out, i'll be ready!!

Quick Reply: My '06 2IS NAV unit issues...NOT touchscreen related!