IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Unnecessary repair time!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-13, 11:33 AM
jusclark13
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Unnecessary repair time!!!!

I need everyone's input here as I'm not sure if I should contact the dealerships GM or corporate Lexus...

Took my IS350 into Fort Wayne Lexus on 10/28 at 10am and was told it would be done by Wednesday 10/30. Called on 11/1 and was told that they were short staffed and it wouldn't be done til Wednesday 11/6. They called today and gave me another excuse saying one of their techs went to the hospital and were down to one tech for their entire dealership. (I was told on 11/1 they were down to just 2) they are now telling me my car is not half way done and won't be done until next Wednesday 11/13 at the earliest. This is very concerning as it should only take 6 hours of labor per the book. Even if they worked on it for an hour a day this wouldn't take more then a week but now it's going to be over 2 weeks in the shop for a single 6 hour recall! They did give me a loaner but I feel like there is something being hidden from me and that I'm getting the run around. I have never had an issue with the dealership and have a really good relationship with them. What do u guys think I should do?

Also going to be making an unannounced visit tomorrow afternoon and see my car in person to make sure they are actually working on it.
Old 11-06-13, 11:55 AM
2GSKaizen
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah something fishy is going on. Either they can't get a part, or they broke something on accident and are trying to get it fixed. Def show up un announced!
Old 11-06-13, 11:59 AM
keyframe13
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I got my car in for rattles they gave me the 3IS as a loaner and I was praying to keep my car in service for a year.)
Why complaining. you save miles on your car..
Old 11-06-13, 12:08 PM
quick123
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

A simple call to the Service Manager or Director will get you the desired answers. Advisors are known to give you the run around to avoid conflict, managers will shoot you straight. The GM will have no clue about what is going on, and will have to call the Service Manager, so just call them first.
Old 11-06-13, 12:14 PM
jusclark13
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 2GSKaizen
Yeah something fishy is going on. Either they can't get a part, or they broke something on accident and are trying to get it fixed. Def show up un announced!
Thats what I'm thinking is that they either broke something significant and are waiting on parts to get in to fix it or they just don't know how to fix it. They said its about half way fixed but my thought it who fixes a car half way then lets it sit for days on end? wouldn't you just want to complete it and be done with that car? It will be interesting when I show up tomorrow and if its not even being fixed or if there are numerous techs there working on cars.

Originally Posted by keyframe13
When I got my car in for rattles they gave me the 3IS as a loaner and I was praying to keep my car in service for a year.)
Why complaining. you save miles on your car..
if they would have gave me a 3is i wouldn't complain about the loaner and I'm not complaining about the loaner itself or not having my car. Im worried about what is going on as there is no reason this repair should take over 2 weeks and there is no luxury dealership, or any dealership for that matter, that can operate for more then a day with 1 tech doing all the maintenance.
Old 11-06-13, 12:26 PM
13IS250C
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would demand to see my car in person. I would be so afraid that they had wrecked it or something. They are hiding something.
Old 11-06-13, 01:07 PM
Allan1
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

This could be interesting. There is def something wrong.
Old 11-06-13, 01:15 PM
jusclark13
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 13IS250C
I would demand to see my car in person. I would be so afraid that they had wrecked it or something. They are hiding something.
Originally Posted by Allan1
This could be interesting. There is def something wrong.
Will be demanding to see it and inspect it tomorrow and I'm afraid they did due something wrong as the car does have modifications to it and wide rear wheels which I'm afraid they ran through a car wash and damaged. We will see tomorrow and I'll update the forum with pictures and any info.
Old 11-06-13, 01:17 PM
keyframe13
Lexus Test Driver

What was the recall you took it in for?!
Old 11-06-13, 01:37 PM
NYKnick101
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

They probably broke something trying to fix it with out you knowing. If the customer finds out that something is broken, then they can demand more
Old 11-06-13, 02:20 PM
Dapper
Rookie

definitely fishy...hmm...
Old 11-06-13, 05:48 PM
jusclark13
Pole Position

Originally Posted by keyframe13
What was the recall you took it in for?!
took it for cam gear recall with an appointment and was told two days initially but now its gonna be 17

Originally Posted by NYKnick101
They probably broke something trying to fix it with out you knowing. If the customer finds out that something is broken, then they can demand more
Originally Posted by Dapper
definitely fishy...hmm...
going to appear there unannounced tomorrow and demand to see my car and an explanation as to what the issues are. going to explode if i see numerous mechanics working there and no one working on mine. you would think mine would take priority since its lexus's mistake in the first place.
Old 11-06-13, 05:55 PM
FyaIS350
Rookie

they probably broke something and are waiting for parts....we just had this issue with a car in my shop while doing the same recall....idk what the writer told the customer but the car was there for almost 2 weeks due to waiting for parts and being pulled off the car to make time on another..its not going to help you going in like a hot head and screaming. ask to talk to the manager and then say u would like to see your car to confirm. **** happens but as long they are taking car of it enjoy the loaner! :P
Old 11-06-13, 06:00 PM
jusclark13
Pole Position

Originally Posted by FyaIS350
they probably broke something and are waiting for parts....we just had this issue with a car in my shop while doing the same recall....idk what the writer told the customer but the car was there for almost 2 weeks due to waiting for parts and being pulled off the car to make time on another..its not going to help you going in like a hot head and screaming. ask to talk to the manager and then say u would like to see your car to confirm. **** happens but as long they are taking car of it enjoy the loaner! :P
I have no intention of going in there hot headed or screaming and yelling. what does/will make me mad is that they broke something, tried to hide it, lied to me about not have appropriate staff on hand, and didn't simply tell me there were complications but they are taking care of it. if they called and said something went wrong but they are fixing it promptly i would have no issue what so ever.

you said this same thing happened to a car your shop was working on... what exactly did they break?
Old 11-06-13, 06:25 PM
panda08
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

worst case scenario is that they blew the engine somehow by not putting something back on right... that's why im afraid to have my recall done. I only have about 35k miles on an 08

Quick Reply: Unnecessary repair time!!!!