IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Ever wonder what they do when you go through Valet?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-13, 11:25 AM
Jump2man3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is kinda sick! But man its everywhere. I brought my car in for a recall and had some porter take the car around the corner and haul ***. Now my service rep can take my car to the back because I wont let porters move the car. Its f'ed up how people drive others cars.
Old 10-29-13, 11:28 AM
Jump2man3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=bob4256;8210506]Im going to go ahead and say what everyone else in this thread is thinking......your a douche. You intentionally abuse someones car because they didnt tip you? What gives you the right to be all high and mighty? You park cars as a valet, you havent found the cure for cancer or fought for world peace, get real. I cannot stand people who think they are better than everyone else, not to mention purposely trying to damage another persons car. I hope you get fired. Like others have said, people like you are the reason why the service industry has so many bad apples. Your a big one.

Really dude! Cause someone doesnt tip. Where is your professionalism dude, do you have any? I agree with Bob and the rest, douche must be tatted on your forehead.
Old 10-29-13, 01:43 PM
mike33
Intermediate

Received 55 Likes on 44 Posts

Placidboi,

Ive watched the video 3 times and I just cant see what you are so upset about. I do not see any thrashing or trashing of your car in any way. As a matter of fact I see your car being driven very slowly. Even where you say the car is scraped on the ground @2:19 in the video(I cant hear it) the car is being driven as slow as possible. There is obviously a decline there and Im not sure what else could have been done. Would you have driven the car differently down that decline? He did lightly accelerate in the garage, seemed harmless to me, it certainly wasnt reckless or damaging to your car. Was it immature of him to rev the engine to hear the exhaust, yeah... Did it do any harm to your car, no... There is only one instance in the video that gives me pause, and thats only because of an assumption on your part, that the valet went into your center console. You confirm that nothing was taken from the car, even with $200 left in it, so I think it is unnecessary to make that assumption, unless you have some other evidence. I am extremely protective of my car as you are, and I would not have had any problem if my car was driven as yours was in the video... I have only written this to give you a different perspective, not to minimize how you felt...
Old 10-29-13, 02:29 PM
sm1ke
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Listen to the conversation though, he audibly says "I'm going to launch it". He didn't actually launch it of course, but would you let a stranger who had that attitude towards other people's property drive your own car? The fact that he said it makes you think that at some point either he actually has "launched" a car or he has thought about it. I'd choose not to risk it if it was my car. And I have issue with the valet going through the glove box/coin tray. You could call that invasion of privacy, which would be an exaggeration, but you see what I'm getting at. It's like if you were to go to a club, and the bouncer asks for ID. You hand him your wallet, and he thumbs through the entire thing. I'd be a little ticked if he had no reason to do that.
Old 10-29-13, 02:59 PM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Dude he didnt do anything wrong with the car. He couldnt avoid it scraping and he didnt beat on it. Hell if I valeted cars and came across a 250/350 that sounded as nice as yours, Id rev it up a bit to hear it too, of course not beating the hell out of it though.
Old 10-29-13, 03:34 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by PlacidBoi
The rattle you're hearing is from the camera mount. I don't hear it when driving so it doesn't bother me.
And yes, point taken. I didn't think it through with the last incident and it was dumb of me. My intentions were to only share my experience and it's the same with this time.
"insanity is doing the same things over and over again and expecting different results."

just let the last incident be a lesson learned and approach it differently. the last thing you want to happen is to cost another person his/her livelihood because of what happened - especially so if you handle this improperly.

that's not to say I condone the valet's behavior. does it warrant attention? yes. does it warrant suspension or even dismissal from a job? from your footage, not so much.

Originally Posted by RDIS250AWD
Arent you basically calling OP an idiot for pointing out something obvious? I think OP has every right to make this issue public. His exhuast was scrapped after all so somebody has to pay for it. And if some valet guy is abusing other peoples cars he does deserve to lose his job. Its easy to say quietly work things out when this wasn't your car. OP hope you get this resolved
that's your interpretation.

and just like it's not my problem if you were trying to profit off other CL members by flipping beats audio gear at a mark-up, neither is your interpretation of my post. (you see how that works?)

and abuse? hardly. I've seen worse **** from people hooning around in their cars. this is nothing.

Originally Posted by bob4256
Im going to go ahead and say what everyone else in this thread is thinking......your a douche.
thanks, but I can speak for myself, and I'd rather disagree.

most of you see Aron9000 as a douche, I applaud him for being honest and forthcoming. just because we drive Lexus vehicles doesn't mean we're automatically entitled. If anything, it's just another reminder to treat others how you want to be treated - remember the golden rule?

Honestly, I can't believe some of the things being posted in here. Talk about a false sense of entitlement.

Originally Posted by bob4256
His audio wasnt that loud and he wasnt accelerating to the point where his exhaust sounds obnoxious.
I'll agree to disagree.

And why shouldnt he post this on the forum? He has HARD EVIDENCE that the valets were messing around with his car. If I was the OP, I would show the video to the manager because thats not right. That valet driver needs to be disciplined, if not fired.
I never said he should (why do people read between the lines instead of what's actually being said, anyways?). I said he should quietly resolve this instead of harnessing the angry mob mentality in this section.

Originally Posted by juvi22003
Im speechless, some of you guys comments smh....really? Grow up !!! and to the OP very sad to see people doin stuff like this but take it as a lesson hopefully to never valet your car again, hope the damage was nothing major.
"pot, meet kettle."

Originally Posted by mike33
Placidboi,

Ive watched the video 3 times and I just cant see what you are so upset about. I do not see any thrashing or trashing of your car in any way. As a matter of fact I see your car being driven very slowly. Even where you say the car is scraped on the ground @2:19 in the video(I cant hear it) the car is being driven as slow as possible. There is obviously a decline there and Im not sure what else could have been done. Would you have driven the car differently down that decline? He did lightly accelerate in the garage, seemed harmless to me, it certainly wasnt reckless or damaging to your car. Was it immature of him to rev the engine to hear the exhaust, yeah... Did it do any harm to your car, no... There is only one instance in the video that gives me pause, and thats only because of an assumption on your part, that the valet went into your center console. You confirm that nothing was taken from the car, even with $200 left in it, so I think it is unnecessary to make that assumption, unless you have some other evidence. I am extremely protective of my car as you are, and I would not have had any problem if my car was driven as yours was in the video... I have only written this to give you a different perspective, not to minimize how you felt...
ditto.

Originally Posted by Justin2JZ
Dude he didnt do anything wrong with the car. He couldnt avoid it scraping and he didnt beat on it. Hell if I valeted cars and came across a 250/350 that sounded as nice as yours, Id rev it up a bit to hear it too, of course not beating the hell out of it though.
ditto.
Old 10-29-13, 04:01 PM
PlacidBoi
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I guess it's time to close this thread
It's getting way out of hand.
I posted this thread just to share an experience.
As stated in the first post, I am not *****ing about what happened, as I was prepared for the worst.
Yes I have proof that the individual was going through my center department as everything was out of place. Yes my car was damaged and I don't think posting pictures in this thread regarding the damage will do any good, so I will refrain from doing so, as it'll only cause more flaming going on.
However, most of the damage was from another valet who took the car out. He came out of the underground parking pretty quickly and scrape the bottom as hard as you can imagine.

projectdna-
Now tell me, how is this related to the last incident? I understand how the last incident could've and maybe almost put the last person out of his job or suspension, but that is HIS wrong doing. It has nothing with me posting on an open forum, sharing my experience.
Now, with this one, obviously it has NOTHING to do with anything, and neither will it AFFECT the likelihood of this individual getting fired, nor suspension. What goes around comes around, I see that, but I respect others and do my part right.
Old 10-29-13, 04:09 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by projectdna
"insanity is doing the same things over and over again and expecting different results."

that's your interpretation.

and just like it's not my problem if you were trying to profit off other CL members by flipping beats audio gear at a mark-up, neither is your interpretation of my post. (you see how that works?)

and abuse? hardly. I've seen worse **** from people hooning around in their cars. this is nothing.

thanks, but I can speak for myself, and I'd rather disagree.
Not sure what kind of arguement you are trying to make here. I know you have some type of sense of entitlement making yourself the CL Hall monitor and all going around the forums trying to always tell members how they should handle things but what does that have to do with what I sell? And I don't sell headphones on CL. Since ure the CL hall monitor u should know the rules no bulk sales allowed. U mist be stalking my instagram to even have such knowledge. Point of this thread is the car belong to OP not the valet driver and NO ONE should abuse anything that doesnt belong to them on any level. That was my point when I said its easier for you to disagree with OP when this didn't happen to your car

Last edited by RDIS250AWD; 10-29-13 at 04:43 PM.
Old 10-29-13, 04:27 PM
JdSwiper
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Exactly another reason I don't valet. You valet guys are paid to park ppls cars, not "test" them.
Ex valet, I was about 22 at the time.. Lol.. Like another member said, choose the older valet if you should happen to have the option, which most of the time you probably won't!
Old 10-29-13, 04:36 PM
PlacidBoi
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

And another point taken.
I've always asked if I could pay the valet fee and park the car myself, and was always denied.
Next time, I'll ask to ride WITH the valet to make sure everything is alright!
Old 10-29-13, 04:40 PM
sm1ke
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

See my previous post.

most of you see Aron9000 as a douche, I applaud him for being honest and forthcoming. just because we drive Lexus vehicles doesn't mean we're automatically entitled. If anything, it's just another reminder to treat others how you want to be treated - remember the golden rule?
Why is the onus on the customer? It goes both ways;
Treat the customer poorly, customer treats service poorly in kind.
Treat the customer well, customer treats service well in kind.
It can go both ways, I'm just stating that aron9000 should be taking the initiative since its in his job description.

Honestly, I can't believe some of the things being posted in here. Talk about a false sense of entitlement.
Again, it goes both ways. But the mindset that you have to tip well to get good service is absurd. It's the other way around; good service = better tips. That's how I think, at least.
Old 10-29-13, 05:50 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

I guess it's time to close this thread
It's getting way out of hand.
I posted this thread just to share an experience.
As stated in the first post, I am not *****ing about what happened, as I was prepared for the worst.
Yes I have proof that the individual was going through my center department as everything was out of place. Yes my car was damaged and I don't think posting pictures in this thread regarding the damage will do any good, so I will refrain from doing so, as it'll only cause more flaming going on.
However, most of the damage was from another valet who took the car out. He came out of the underground parking pretty quickly and scrape the bottom as hard as you can imagine.
It sounds like there was more to your valet experience than we know.

projectdna-
Now tell me, how is this related to the last incident? I understand how the last incident could've and maybe almost put the last person out of his job or suspension, but that is HIS wrong doing. It has nothing with me posting on an open forum, sharing my experience.
Now, with this one, obviously it has NOTHING to do with anything, and neither will it AFFECT the likelihood of this individual getting fired, nor suspension. What goes around comes around, I see that, but I respect others and do my part right.
I think the parallels should be obvious.

And of what I know, your previous incident caused a PR nightmare because of the popular opinion forming against the dealership and tarnishing their image, which caused some serious blowback for the technician - we're talking about unpaid leave for a person who is the single source of income for a family. yes, it was HIS wrong-doing, but it was compounded by the fact that the incident was so publicized that the technician is no longer employed there (or rumor has it).

the point I'm trying to make here is, resolve your issues quickly and quietly so there's no collateral damage. it will still leave you lots of time to post your experience after your issues were resolved.

Not sure what kind of arguement you are trying to make here. I know you have some type of sense of entitlement yourself making yourself the CL Hall monitor and all going around the forums trying to always tell members how they should handle things and all but what does that have to do with what I sell?
If you're not sure what kind of argument I'm trying to make, read those two sentences right above your quoted post. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

And so we're clear, I have no false sense of entitlement, and I'm certainly not the "Hall Monitor" you make me out to be. But having been here longer than most 2IS owners, I'm probably (and unfortunately) more community-minded than a lot of us. (BTW, part of that community-mindedness is to NOT try and profit off other CL members even if I could get Beats Audio gear at wholesale pricing.)

Point of this thread is the car belong to OP not the valet driver and NO ONE should abuse anything that doesnt belong to them on any level. That was my point when I said its easier for you to disagree with OP when this didn't happen to your car
I couldn't ascertain from the video any obvious/apparent abuse aside from him ever-so-slightly scraping the undercarriage of PlacidBoi's 2IS - which if anything is just superficial "damage" (emphasis on the quotation marks). Don't play it up as if the valet went was doing a hooning demo in the parking lot. There's the truth, and then there's your claims of "abuse"...

And no, it's not easy for me to disagree with OP, because my opinion represents a small minority of everyone that has chimed in so far. It would be easier for me to agree with everyone else's sentiments and come to his defense because everyone else is just about doing the same.

Personally, I've handed off my 2IS or now my F to valets at various locations (restaurants, hotels/resorts, country clubs, service centers, and the like) and have had to deal with similar situations like what PlacidBoi's 2IS was subject to. But if you want to imply that stuff like this hasn't happened to my 2IS/F, just know that I don't air my dirty laundry in the forums unless it's warranted.
Old 10-29-13, 06:09 PM
gveng
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe I missed it but what dash cam are you using?
Old 10-29-13, 06:33 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

If you're not sure what kind of argument I'm trying to make, read those two sentences right above your quoted post. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

And so we're clear, I have no false sense of entitlement, and I'm certainly not the "Hall Monitor" you make me out to be. But having been here longer than most 2IS owners, I'm probably (and unfortunately) more community-minded than a lot of us. (BTW, part of that community-mindedness is to NOT try and profit off other CL members even if I could get Beats Audio gear at wholesale pricing.)

Umm yes you do. A majority of your posts I've come across ppl's threads usually consists of stating forum rules, telling members how they should have handled this and that, etc. I wouldnt be surprised if you had the CL rules printed out and hung on your wall, maybe even a pocket book to keep handy, perhaps a badge? I don't see forum moderator next to your name. But you try to act like one so you must be the CL hall monitor. And I don't think anyone brought up how long you've been a member of CL, did you feel the need to bring that up as if being here longer gives you some type of senority? I'm not the only one that thinks you act this way... And again you must stalk my instagram to even have the knowledge that I get beats at wholesale price. What does that have to do with this thread? Absolutely nothing. I don't even sell beats on CL. But if you want to knock what I do for extra cash how do you think any business makes money? How much do you think it costs for Wald to make a spoiler vs how much they sell it for? I sell what I buy at wholesale price and below retail price and not to mention tax free. But again that has nothing to do with this thread so I dont even know why you brought it up again which is why I stated what kind of arguement are you trying to make?

I couldn't ascertain from the video any obvious/apparent abuse aside from him ever-so-slightly scraping the undercarriage of PlacidBoi's 2IS - which if anything is just superficial "damage" (emphasis on the quotation marks). Don't play it up as if the valet went was doing a hooning demo in the parking lot. There's the truth, and then there's your claims of "abuse"...

And no, it's not easy for me to disagree with OP, because my opinion represents a small minority of everyone that has chimed in so far. It would be easier for me to agree with everyone else's sentiments and come to his defense because everyone else is just about doing the same.

Personally, I've handed off my 2IS or now my F to valets at various locations (restaurants, hotels/resorts, country clubs, service centers, and the like) and have had to deal with similar situations like what PlacidBoi's 2IS was subject to. But if you want to imply that stuff like this hasn't happened to my 2IS/F, just know that I don't air my dirty laundry in the forums unless it's warranted.
Abuse, well everyone has a different definition abuse apparently.
As OP stated in the original post explaining the video

And here's a little break down of what happens so you can follow along!
Breakdown:
0:50 "Ride is kind of low. I'll be careful."
1:03 Valet 2 comes in
1:07 Valet 1: Be careful with the bumps
Valet 2: What?
1:15 Valet 1: Be careful with the ramp
Valet 2: Oh yeah, I'm just going to launch it
2:19 You can hear them scrape my car
2:25 That's the sound of my center department being opened...
2:29 He goes HO HO HO. I realized I had 200 dollars in there. Good thing it's still there...
2:53 He starts driving fast, notice how bumpy it gets and how low my car is...
3:10 Now he just messes with my exhaust

Apparently none of that is abuse to you. Ask yourself would have the Valet driver done the same thing to OP's car if he was driving a station wagon? A mini van? A smart car?

Its a public forum. Everyone can post whatever they want so long as it doesn't go against forum rules.
Old 10-29-13, 07:42 PM
dorkacho
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Everyone should take a deep breath and relax everything has been addressed and we all learned a thing or two from this thread

Quick Reply: Ever wonder what they do when you go through Valet?