IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Lexus Recall

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-13, 09:39 AM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 740 Likes on 638 Posts

Originally Posted by See5
can any one upload the original messege from Toyota for me ?

I have IS350 that I brought from USA one year ago and the dealer in my country doesn't even sells the IS with 350 engine nor 250 , he only sells IS300 .

I don't know what to do , I guess I can make a claim to Toyota though because the rattiling is happening pretty often in my engine.

thanks a lot
What country are you in?

I spoke to lexus they claim they do recall work outside of the country for US vehicles. What they do is you pay lexus in your local country and lexus will reimburse the bill. I would call before doing anything
Old 10-07-13, 10:48 AM
jusclark13
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by nosurprise
Does it really need an engine rebuild? I assume the fix would be the same as another guy that had posted about this issue causing his engine to stall in another thread -- not sure how the dealer fix that.
Originally Posted by Offspring
I would assume corporate would want the most cost effective way to resolve this recall. Replacing motors could be very expensive.
Originally Posted by circuitt
I don't think they are going to hand out brand new engines to everyone. That would be sweet.
It would be sweet and that's what I'm hoping for but I'm assuming since Lexus already is doing a recall on the engine/vvt they are now responsible for "premature engine failure" and that opens them up to a significant amount of claims or a class action suit. They also are just doing the IS350 and GS. If they were including IS250 I could see the amount increasing significantly but there are only 196k vehicles affected. Out of those, how many are still on the road and haven't been totaled or anything?
Old 10-07-13, 11:40 AM
See5
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ibidu1
What country are you in?

I spoke to lexus they claim they do recall work outside of the country for US vehicles. What they do is you pay lexus in your local country and lexus will reimburse the bill. I would call before doing anything

Hi,
I am in Saudi Arabia

I went to the dealer today and asked them about that, they claimed that they didn't receive any information from Toyota about the recall !

And by the way we only have one dealer in my whole country and he makes enormous sales of Toyota cars compared to other countries.

So do you suggest me to make a claim to Toyota or just wait for maybe forever ?

regards
Old 10-07-13, 12:26 PM
Offspring
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jusclark13
It would be sweet and that's what I'm hoping for but I'm assuming since Lexus already is doing a recall on the engine/vvt they are now responsible for "premature engine failure" and that opens them up to a significant amount of claims or a class action suit. They also are just doing the IS350 and GS. If they were including IS250 I could see the amount increasing significantly but there are only 196k vehicles affected. Out of those, how many are still on the road and haven't been totaled or anything?
I didn't take into consideration that it wAs only the is350 and the gs. The class action lawsuit coulda cause for a new motor but there haven't been any complaints of engine failure. At least I haven't come across one. Still looking forward to what Lexus comes up with.
Old 10-08-13, 01:03 PM
senxation
Driver

For the is350's, do some of you guys get this weird crank sound when your car is starting up but then after that it goes away? Sometimes the sound replicates and sometimes it doesnt.. I am wondering if this is the issue for the recall that was announce a couple weeks ago?
Old 10-08-13, 01:06 PM
circuitt
Pole Position

Originally Posted by senxation
For the is350's, do some of you guys get this weird crank sound when your car is starting up but then after that it goes away? Sometimes the sound replicates and sometimes it doesnt.. I am wondering if this is the issue for the recall that was announce a couple weeks ago?
I've heard something like a rock in a dryer a couple times here and there starting up, but far and few between
Old 10-08-13, 01:09 PM
senxation
Driver

Originally Posted by circuitt
I've heard something like a rock in a dryer a couple times here and there starting up, but far and few between
Yeah, same here. Are we allowed to like confront the dealership about this issue? Like say, "Hey, I know the recall was announce for this vehicle model and I am wondering if I can get it fix?" Or am I suppose to say that there is a sound that occurs once in a while when I start my car up?

I had called the dealership service centre before and for some reason, they want me to replicate this sound I am telling them, but how can I when it occurs sometimes lol. They want me to leave the car overnight and it's getting frustrating dealing with them.
Old 10-08-13, 01:29 PM
SeanIS350
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys.... Just save yourself the frusrtation and wait until the dealerships aree actually doing the fixes for this recall and then go in and see how fast they will fix it for you. Remember they still get paid by Lex corp to do the recall work. Right now they just have not received the parts or training so what do you expect them to do???. Rolling out a mass fix to over 100,000 vechicles takes a while.
Old 10-08-13, 01:33 PM
hybr1d
Rookie

if we go to lexus.com and see what recalls we have on our car, if this one isnt listed does that mean we are ok?

since the only one I have when I go to my lexus and see what recalls i have on my car is
Safety Recall DLA - Remedy Notice - 2006 Through Early 2012 Model Year IS 250 and IS 350, 2010 Through Early 2012 Model Year IS250C and IS 350C, and 2008 Through 2011 Model Year IS-F Front Wiper Arm Nut
This is an important Safety Recall. Please contact your authorized Lexus dealer and schedule an appointment to have this remedy performed as soon as possible.

What is the Condition?Each wiper arm is installed onto a pivot shaft which is linked to the wiper motor mechanism by an installation nut (wiper arm nut). The wiper arm nut may not have been tightened sufficiently due to high friction between the nut and the wiper arm. Under certain usage conditions, such as a buildup of heavy snow on the windshield, one or both of the wipers could become inoperative. Inoperative wiper arms could reduce driver visibility and increase the risk of a crash.
Old 10-08-13, 09:50 PM
senxation
Driver

Also, lets say for instant that the lexus warranty runs out, does the recall stil apply w/o any cost?
Old 10-08-13, 10:09 PM
Rolando
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by senxation
Also, lets say for instant that the lexus warranty runs out, does the recall stil apply w/o any cost?
yes.........................
Old 10-08-13, 10:51 PM
ISDAS
Intermediate

Received 64 Likes on 27 Posts

I have attached the recall letter sent from Lexus AU

claims to be a 7hr fix..

will be getting mine done on 22nd of October.
Attached Thumbnails Lexus Recall-is350recallau.jpg  

Last edited by ISDAS; 10-09-13 at 10:22 PM.
Old 10-09-13, 01:22 AM
panda08
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

does anyone else out there feel that their engines wont be the same after doing this recall? I've heard people say once you take an engine apart, its never really the same again?
Old 10-09-13, 05:25 AM
SeanIS350
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine was never the same after the valve spring recall was done... Felt like it had less power. Hoping this one reverses the effects
Old 10-09-13, 12:35 PM
B16da9
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I hate to take my car to the dealer especially since it only has 8,000 miles. Then again I hate for this issue to cause me troubles later down the life of the car.

Quick Reply: Lexus Recall