Wide body kit or Clean and Classy?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-13, 10:03 AM
TooCool4u
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bleezy
Widebody FTW!

My friend has a RauhWelt Porsche like the first pic and it looks so mean when he's driving it.

That last pic the fender flares are one offs he had those made custom. I love it personally.

Total cost is in the thousands, just depends on what route you go. Custom body work is usually very pricey. Then you have to get it all painted, Lexus paint is not cheap either. You can easily spend 10G's doing something like this, not to mention the big a** wheels and tires you'll need to run with it. If you like it, do it!
Damn I seen RauhWelt Porsche everywhere on the social media, but never in person.

Widebody is no joke when it come to money then. OUCH in my wallet hahaha.
Old 08-19-13, 10:08 AM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I know someone who owns one of those Porsches (mark Arsenal from Fatlace) It's wicked insane. Can't really compare to an IS. My buddy is completing his widened IS350 and should be out of paint in Sept. Stay tuned. It does cost $$$$$ and it definitely isn't for daily driving but it's a show stopper.
Old 08-19-13, 10:16 AM
TooCool4u
Driver

Originally Posted by Sffd103
I know someone who owns one of those Porsches (mark Arsenal from Fatlace) It's wicked insane. Can't really compare to an IS. My buddy is completing his widened IS350 and should be out of paint in Sept. Stay tuned. It does cost $$$$$ and it definitely isn't for daily driving but it's a show stopper.
Do you think the IS would look crazy like one of those Porsches?

I can't wait to see the results on Sept! make sure you send pictures everywhere! I want to see!
why would it not be a daily driving if you don't mind me asking. It seem like it would drive better than cars that are slammed.
Old 08-19-13, 10:18 AM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Originally Posted by TooCool4u
Do you think the IS would look crazy like one of those Porsches?

I can't wait to see the results on Sept! make sure you send pictures everywhere! I want to see!
why would it not be a daily driving if you don't mind me asking. It seem like it would drive better than cars that are slammed.
The IS is a sedan, it will NEVER look like a sports car/coupe. So much body work gets done to widen the body and painting the whole car after only makes me nervous to drive it and mess it up. Not saying it couldn't be driven but I'd want it to look nice too. My buddy got an enclosed trailer and a lifted Tacoma to trailer it to shows!
Old 08-19-13, 11:03 AM
dorkacho
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

^personally i can never really understand the point of living a life of car shows.. is it just for the trophies?
Old 08-19-13, 12:29 PM
Gville350

Received 430 Likes on 384 Posts

I'd do a widebody kit...just have to have the wheel/suspsension/body components to match!
Old 08-19-13, 04:26 PM
jdmSW20
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

i think it really just depends on your taste really. i do like the Aimgain kit for the IS as long as you have the wheels fitment to match the aggression of the kit.

personally i like the cleaner look better, not to mention that aimgain kit cost an arm, leg, first born, and their first born lol
Old 08-19-13, 04:59 PM
TooCool4u
Driver

Originally Posted by dorkacho
^personally i can never really understand the point of living a life of car shows.. is it just for the trophies?
I really don't know. IMO I just love driving a nice car.
Old 08-19-13, 06:26 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Originally Posted by dorkacho
Originally Posted by TooCool4u
I really don't know. IMO I just love driving a nice car.
that's a great question and I'll just answer it as a yes the trophies are fun to win. With that being said there comes a point where I became the artist of my car and we ALL have the same canvas (2IS) but we all have different tastes and ideas. It's about the art work of it and the gratitude you get while building the car and showing others your art work. Don't get me wrong, it's great to hear
your car is sick" or "you did a great job building it." In the end it's all what the owner and creator has done with the car that is his/her trophy.
Old 08-19-13, 07:40 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

and here's the teaze shot of my buddies Duder06' on CL (he never logs on). A LOT of work!
Attached Thumbnails Wide body kit or Clean and Classy?-james-wide-body.jpg  
Old 08-19-13, 07:44 PM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

and here's the teaze shot of my buddies Duder06' on CL (he never logs on). A LOT of work!
Another aimgain, I think you have two friends working on custom aimgain project IS's right?
Old 08-19-13, 08:02 PM
TooCool4u
Driver

that's a great question and I'll just answer it as a yes the trophies are fun to win. With that being said there comes a point where I became the artist of my car and we ALL have the same canvas (2IS) but we all have different tastes and ideas. It's about the art work of it and the gratitude you get while building the car and showing others your art work. Don't get me wrong, it's great to hear
your car is sick" or "you did a great job building it." In the end it's all what the owner and creator has done with the car that is his/her trophy.
I never really though about it that way. You just change my whole perspective about the car scene hahah.
Old 08-19-13, 08:02 PM
TooCool4u
Driver

Originally Posted by heyarms

Another aimgain, I think you have two friends working on custom aimgain project IS's right?
Omg that look so ************** sick!!!!!!! That's freaking orgasm no homo hahahah
Old 08-19-13, 08:24 PM
TUNG
Pole Position

haha Thomas, you need to do something insane too! your like 10 months in with your IS, and you've done a lot as your first car! Do what you think looks good to you, not from what others think/want. but those are just opinions for you i guess. GOODLUCK, i know you'll keep it a secret when your doing something on your car. lol
Old 08-19-13, 09:33 PM
TooCool4u
Driver

Originally Posted by TUNG
haha Thomas, you need to do something insane too! your like 10 months in with your IS, and you've done a lot as your first car! Do what you think looks good to you, not from what others think/want. but those are just opinions for you i guess. GOODLUCK, i know you'll keep it a secret when your doing something on your car. lol
Yeah I understand where you coming from. I just want to know what is everyone into these days. That's all

Quick Reply: Wide body kit or Clean and Classy?