IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

IS250 Intake

Old 06-09-13, 09:27 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Hey all, let's all help each other out here. She is new and she just joined this month which has only 9 days completed in it and had only 5 posts. She obviously doesn't know. She may not even be familiar with the search function. If you've been on here for a while you can choose to answer the question or move on to the next thread. I Know it's been asked before and it's a very common question but when you're new you don't know too much. Lets be more welcoming in this community. If like to welcome her to CL and let's all get along.
Old 06-10-13, 10:16 PM
Jaytea
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would also consider Takeda intake as well. I just installed it today, and it sounds amazing compared to stock.

Also, it has a heat shield that may/may not increase performance. Theoretically, it should :P
Old 06-10-13, 10:22 PM
panda08
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MisArianna
I guess its only natural that there has to be one D-Bag per thread. You read the title, you did not have to open the thread.

I am a 24 year old single lady, who wants to have more fun with her car. Am I hurting anyone asking questions?

Thank you every one else for your really helpful posts.

-Arianna
single huh? just kidding, not trying to be a perv.
Old 06-10-13, 10:27 PM
panda08
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sffd103
Hey all, let's all help each other out here. She is new and she just joined this month which has only 9 days completed in it and had only 5 posts. She obviously doesn't know. She may not even be familiar with the search function. If you've been on here for a while you can choose to answer the question or move on to the next thread. I Know it's been asked before and it's a very common question but when you're new you don't know too much. Lets be more welcoming in this community. If like to welcome her to CL and let's all get along.
to SFFD103. Everyone just needs to remember that at one point in time, you were new to something too

sorry, forgot to multi quote.
Old 06-10-13, 10:58 PM
Lexasaurus
Lexus Test Driver

My friends F-Sport intake made his 350 sound like a pissed off jungle cat.. We really cut up his intake box, though.
Old 06-10-13, 11:04 PM
showtymers
Driver

to the person who is a keyboard warrior has the picture ready to be launched at any new comer, you do realize i would rather have plenty of questions with a following answer right underneath the OP question , it would actually make the search function ALOT more useful rather then , if i was to search about an intake thread i would have to scroll through pages of multiple post in 1 topic to get any type of worth of reading in regards to a question that might have related to someone that is new , i bet more then 75% of an intake question will have some post warrior saying use the search , by just giving a simple link to the answer or just a quick answer would have reduced the clutter that THIS OP question would have had to rummage through .

So what did you get by posting use the search? do you just hang out and camp the forum to unleash your warrior keyboardness?Really if this type of courtesy was done in RL face to face , anyone who asked a question would be answered "Dont ask stupid question" why because someone somewhere has written it or recited that same exact question ... lets get real i would think someone just forum sniping to say use search should be reprimanded

oh by the way.. there is a charcoal filter after the flat panel filter, does anyone know by removing that will increase noise.. since i already know it wont increase HP...
but just so people do know....and i have tested this with a K&n intake on my s2000 that is.. a filter does hold back power... i actually dynoed +4 hp to the wheels by removing my cone filter from my K&n intake just food for peoples thoughts

Last edited by showtymers; 06-10-13 at 11:13 PM.
Old 06-10-13, 11:24 PM
MashinA
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by showtymers
oh by the way.. there is a charcoal filter after the flat panel filter, does anyone know by removing that will increase noise.. since i already know it wont increase HP...
but just so people do know....and i have tested this with a K&n intake on my s2000 that is.. a filter does hold back power... i actually dynoed +4 hp to the wheels by removing my cone filter from my K&n intake just food for peoples thoughts
use the search button bro....
jk tho, i agree with u for the most part.
Old 06-11-13, 12:37 AM
Stavros
Rookie

I've just used search, it got me here. Oh dear... ;-)
Old 06-11-13, 05:47 AM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by showtymers
to the person who is a keyboard warrior has the picture ready to be launched at any new comer, you do realize i would rather have plenty of questions with a following answer right underneath the OP question , it would actually make the search function ALOT more useful rather then , if i was to search about an intake thread i would have to scroll through pages of multiple post in 1 topic to get any type of worth of reading in regards to a question that might have related to someone that is new , i bet more then 75% of an intake question will have some post warrior saying use the search , by just giving a simple link to the answer or just a quick answer would have reduced the clutter that THIS OP question would have had to rummage through .

So what did you get by posting use the search? do you just hang out and camp the forum to unleash your warrior keyboardness?Really if this type of courtesy was done in RL face to face , anyone who asked a question would be answered "Dont ask stupid question" why because someone somewhere has written it or recited that same exact question ... lets get real i would think someone just forum sniping to say use search should be reprimanded

I think your taking it a bit too seriously.

You do have a point but at the same time, why I am (and other members) able to use the search feature to find answers to most of our questions? Some members who have been pretty active within the last month have seen a particular member or two post numerous threads about topics that have been answered multiple times on CL. I have even provided them links to answers and encouraged them to search, yet they keep posting threads. In my opinion, those people were just being lazy. I have no problem trying to help somebody, but Im not going to do your homework for you.

Ever helped a buddy out with some homework in high school or college? Dont you hate it when they want to just copy all of your work and never bother trying to learn the topic themselves? Same concept applies here IMO.

Im not trying to target these members or "call them out." Im just using this as an example.

I understand we were all new at one point, but I was able to search and find answers to my intake, exhaust, springs, coilovers, hids, interior led, and numerous other questions. I even made a few threads about these topics to help other members.

If I can search the forums and find answers to most of my questions, Im sure others can too. Like I said before, I have no problem helping somebody, but Im not going to do your homework for you.

My two cents
Old 06-11-13, 01:55 PM
exjay
Driver School Candidate

I just installed the F sport intake last week on my 250. I didnt really feel much of a difference in HP gain and i believe my MPG might have lowered? I remember my avg being 27 now it says 24, i did reset my ECU after the installation. The sound is awesome though, but only really hear it when reving above 3k rpm.

Now to those that also got the Fsport intake, does it come with 2 stickers? Mine only came with the Fsport white sticker you put on the intake box, i didnt see any CARB sticker with the kit. I ordered from sewell.
Old 06-11-13, 03:35 PM
Laz823
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bob4256
I think your taking it a bit too seriously.

You do have a point but at the same time, why I am (and other members) able to use the search feature to find answers to most of our questions? Some members who have been pretty active within the last month have seen a particular member or two post numerous threads about topics that have been answered multiple times on CL. I have even provided them links to answers and encouraged them to search, yet they keep posting threads. In my opinion, those people were just being lazy. I have no problem trying to help somebody, but Im not going to do your homework for you.

Ever helped a buddy out with some homework in high school or college? Dont you hate it when they want to just copy all of your work and never bother trying to learn the topic themselves? Same concept applies here IMO.

Im not trying to target these members or "call them out." Im just using this as an example.

I understand we were all new at one point, but I was able to search and find answers to my intake, exhaust, springs, coilovers, hids, interior led, and numerous other questions. I even made a few threads about these topics to help other members.

If I can search the forums and find answers to most of my questions, Im sure others can too. Like I said before, I have no problem helping somebody, but Im not going to do your homework for you.

My two cents
Sorry to the OP, but since I've already commented, I feel I should elaborate more.

bob4256, I'd like to clarify that you are NOT obligated to answer a question that has been answered before. No one called you specifically to answer their question nor asked you to do their HW.

Like Sffd103 said, "you can choose to answer the question or move on to the next thread"

Don't get yourself all worked up over nothing if a topic is being repeated. If that was ever a huge problem, I'm sure the MODS will step in and KINDLY guide the OP to the right direction.

bob4256: There's a difference between being new and not being familiar with some topics relating to the 2IS, but when you keep seeing "what hid kit do I need" or "where do I find a turbo for the 2IS?" Or my personal favorite "does the gforce performance chip really work?"

There isn't a rule about stupid questions. It may be to you but not to others. Simply ignore the thread.

My four cent.

I'm broke now.
Old 06-11-13, 05:29 PM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Laz823
Sorry to the OP, but since I've already commented, I feel I should elaborate more.

bob4256, I'd like to clarify that you are NOT obligated to answer a question that has been answered before. No one called you specifically to answer their question nor asked you to do their HW.

Like Sffd103 said, "you can choose to answer the question or move on to the next thread"

Don't get yourself all worked up over nothing if a topic is being repeated. If that was ever a huge problem, I'm sure the MODS will step in and KINDLY guide the OP to the right direction.

bob4256: There's a difference between being new and not being familiar with some topics relating to the 2IS, but when you keep seeing "what hid kit do I need" or "where do I find a turbo for the 2IS?" Or my personal favorite "does the gforce performance chip really work?"

There isn't a rule about stupid questions. It may be to you but not to others. Simply ignore the thread.

My four cent.

I'm broke now.
So what your saying is I'm not allowed to post my opinion about a subject on an online forum? I've been helping members and contributing to this forum for 2+ years. Yeah not everyone may like my opinion but its an online forum; that's going to happen. I'm not part of the grammar police or a jerk to other members intentionally. Yeah when topics like this come up, I have more of a negative mindset, ill admit that. But I don't tell off those members for being new and asking questions that have been answered. /End rant
Old 06-11-13, 06:37 PM
reyoasian
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I know there are other threads like this, but not exactly the same questions that I have. (The intake is going an 06 AWD Lexus IS250)

I am trying to decide between the Joe Z intake pipe only and the F-Sport intake set up.

With Joe Z
* Does the cars sound increase at all?
People claim to be a "little" more deeper, but I haven't noticed
* I saw that they dyno proved about a 6 HP increase on a RWD Manual. Close to the same on a AWD automatic?
RWD on average has 15% power loss to the wheels, AWD average 20%. you do the math
* Are the MPGs affected?
In theory? No. In reality? Yes because you will probably gun it more

With F-Sport
* Does the cars sound increase at all?
Yes, above 3000RPM. Throaty growl. Sounds a little muscle
* Are the HP increase the same as the Joe Z?
Yes. Same thing (a pipe) with a redesigned stock airbox that has a hole behind the headlight area. Also uses a dry filter
* Are the MPGs affected?
Yes, even more so than JoeZ as it's louder, you will want to WOT more to hear the sound

A local dealer has a F-Sport for sale for $280.00 and the Joe Z for sale online for $125.00.

Price set aside, which is a better option and why. Whats the difference between the 2, for Horse Power increase and MPGs. Sound too I guess, but its not to important. Also I prefer not to drill holes is my current box, I saw some people say that would increase the noise.
Takeda because it's loud, sounds beast, uses a dry filter, and you can easily access headlight without removing a huge *** airbox. I just don't care about the 5HP gain 1) because it's negligible in real life and 2) it's a 250...awd....what performance?

Thank You,

Arianna
FYI, all the above answers I gave are floating around the forum and the internet.

As well if you want more fun with the car, focus more into handling mods becuase cornering is where the fun's at
* fsport swaybar set
* coilovers (bcr for awd best)
* maybe a front strut bar? (not sure if this makes big difference)
* ISF steering ecu
* ISF steering damper? (not sure if this fits IS250 AWD)
* maybe an LSD (direct fit with supra, is300, frs/brz...or get some aftermarket ones)
Old 06-11-13, 09:23 PM
MisArianna
Driver School Candidate

I am a bit confused by your post. You are saying the new intake (that claims a HP increase) actually in fact losses power?

This is for both the Joe Z and F-Sport? Does not seem to agree with everyone else out there.

Can you elaborate.

-Arianna
Old 06-11-13, 09:49 PM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Arrow

I am a bit confused by your post. You are saying the new intake (that claims a HP increase) actually in fact losses power?

This is for both the Joe Z and F-Sport? Does not seem to agree with everyone else out there.

Can you elaborate.

-Arianna
The only intakes that will give you proven gains is the fsport and joeZ, which is 5hp. All other intakes will give you a gain or loss of ~5 hp, which is negligible both ways. You won't feel the gain or the loss.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: IS250 Intake