IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

R.I.P to my IS250

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-13, 06:44 PM
Rash
hmm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad you're okay, Your new car will look nicer!
Old 02-28-13, 07:01 PM
peyman
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not a fun situation to be in, ive had 2 cars get totalled out in the past, always came back with a better car/mods
glad ur okay

why another 250 though? am i missing something here? lol how do some of u guys not care about speed
Old 02-28-13, 07:17 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Rash
Glad you're okay, Your new car will look nicer!
Originally Posted by Vossen Wheels
Wow, glad to see you're okay at least! That damage makes me cringe.... At least you've got a new IS to work with! Can't wait to see the new canvas looking as good as the old one!
Originally Posted by NimaM
Glad you're ok, but so sad about your car. It looked really nice. Congrats on the new ride!

thanks guys

Originally Posted by peyman
not a fun situation to be in, ive had 2 cars get totalled out in the past, always came back with a better car/mods
glad ur okay

why another 250 though? am i missing something here? lol how do some of u guys not care about speed
Correct. I don't care about speed, I've had a ton of fast cars ever since I was 16, and enough speeding tickets. All of that has been long out of my system. If I did care about speed anymore I would look past a 350 and go straight towards a F. I must be getting old. I turn 30 here soon. But I have a 6 year old boy now and other priorities in life. Theres no point in having a really fast car when I don't go racing at the track, roads here are garbage and I'm not gonna be participating in speed racing and endanger anyones lives. the reason why I picked a 250 is bc 1) I needed AWD for the terrible winters here and 2) I could not justify paying 38k+ for a IS350 AWD when I can can get a ISF for the same price if not a little cheaper, only difference would be several thousand miles more and a older year. But yes I could really care less for being fast. I'd rather my car just look good
Old 02-28-13, 07:35 PM
peyman
Lexus Test Driver

^^ understood. ive owned plenty of fast cars. g37 + gto ... never got a speeding ticket, i dont race, just like to feel the power. anyways lookn forward to seeing your progress.
Old 02-28-13, 08:02 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by peyman
^^ understood. ive owned plenty of fast cars. g37 + gto ... never got a speeding ticket, i dont race, just like to feel the power. anyways lookn forward to seeing your progress.
Btw did u ever get that wheel fixed or replaced?
Old 02-28-13, 08:06 PM
peyman
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by RDIS250AWD
Btw did u ever get that wheel fixed or replaced?
yes they replaced it at a discounted rate
and actually had it ready within 2 weeks
the only reason they gave me a discounted rate was because our vendor here (getyourwheels.com) contacted them directly and closed them on doing it.
wheels are now for sale in the classifieds
Old 02-28-13, 08:19 PM
nosurprise
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

↑ thanks guys by the way you know what makes me really sick other than uninsured motorist some fool at the auction yard that I had my car was so broke that he decided to take the change that I had in my car and my carbon fiber license plate frame
crap, they take the license plate frame?! A couple years ago, a friend of mine's fiance got rear ended and left her iPod and sunglasses in the car, and those got stolen. The other driver was insured, and they were able to get the insurance to pay for them though. She had some small neck and back pain and the insurance pay some money for her to not sue for injury (the other driver's girl friend wasn't that lucky, she had her feet up on the dash and lost most of her front teeth).
Old 03-01-13, 06:52 AM
yammy
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man, when I first heard about this, it was such a sad sight since your car was the first IS I practically admired hahah. Got me into the mod world. Glad to know that you didn't suffer any severe injuries hopefully. Still looking forward to your build! Should also get some Beats sound system in your car hahah jk lol
Old 03-01-13, 07:02 AM
DGNY2009
Driver

Glad your OK loved your last one it was inspirational cant wait to see what you do to this one.
Old 03-01-13, 08:16 AM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by nosurprise
crap, they take the license plate frame?! A couple years ago, a friend of mine's fiance got rear ended and left her iPod and sunglasses in the car, and those got stolen. The other driver was insured, and they were able to get the insurance to pay for them though. She had some small neck and back pain and the insurance pay some money for her to not sue for injury (the other driver's girl friend wasn't that lucky, she had her feet up on the dash and lost most of her front teeth).
wow I'm sure she sits properly in a car now

Originally Posted by yammy
Man, when I first heard about this, it was such a sad sight since your car was the first IS I practically admired hahah. Got me into the mod world. Glad to know that you didn't suffer any severe injuries hopefully. Still looking forward to your build! Should also get some Beats sound system in your car hahah jk lol
haha thanks for the kind words Peter. Your car is comin along great. Any other plans?

Originally Posted by DGNY2009
Glad your OK loved your last one it was inspirational cant wait to see what you do to this one.
Thanks my friend. Hopefully I don't disappoint too many ppl with my new build. It will be controversial. and it will be custom. Especially the front lip bc I am making it myself
Old 03-02-13, 11:42 AM
yammy
Driver

haha thanks for the kind words Peter. Your car is comin along great. Any other plans?
no problem. Probably not until summer or spring time. Next on the list is air suspension/chrome doors with puddle light installation under the handles haha
Old 03-02-13, 12:05 PM
iRyan
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

COMING OUT better than before
Old 03-02-13, 12:58 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

no problem. Probably not until summer or spring time. Next on the list is air suspension/chrome doors with puddle light installation under the handles haha
Damn peter I'm jelly. Still can't justify spending that much money on air suspension maybe one day. I'm already spending a lot on my build as is.

Originally Posted by iRyan
COMING OUT better than before
Haha hope I don't disappoint u Ryan
Old 03-02-13, 01:02 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

It would be nice if Beats did make car audio. I alrwady have a alpine type x 12 w a custom box that was in my old 250.
Old 03-02-13, 01:15 PM
yammy
Driver

It would be nice if Beats did make car audio. I alrwady have a alpine type x 12 w a custom box that was in my old 250.
I think Beats do make car audio. I saw a commercial of the Chrysler 300 displaying Beats Audio with it. And hahah dang. You must be spending a lot then. I wish you had the +11 bumper. Would've been awesome to see a custom lip for that front bumper since there's nothing for it. Really looking forward to seeing your customized lip and build. This is like the 9999x time I said this lol

Last edited by yammy; 03-02-13 at 01:31 PM.

Quick Reply: R.I.P to my IS250