IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Philips ultinon 6k or garax 6k

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-13, 02:18 PM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

supralative: If you paid $55 for bulbs on ebay claiming to be Philips Ultinon then you 100% got fakes (unless a seller was willing to sell a pair of bulbs for less then the cost of one bulb). I'm not saying that the bulbs you purchased are bad however I am saying that it is impossible to purchase genuine Philips bulbs at the price you paid.

Steve
Old 03-13-13, 02:21 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by XenonDepot
supralative: If you paid $55 for bulbs on ebay claiming to be Philips Ultinon then you 100% got fakes (unless a seller was willing to sell a pair of bulbs for less then the cost of one bulb). I'm not saying that the bulbs you purchased are bad however I am saying that it is impossible to purchase genuine Philips bulbs at the price you paid.

Steve
x2 I was going to say the same thing.

No way you can even get 1 real Philips bulb for that price!
Old 03-13-13, 02:52 PM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

This is very true ^^^^
Old 03-13-13, 03:16 PM
supralative
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

company is good then
bulbs have all the Philips stamping on them
looks just like the factory ones except in 6K color
either or they light up real good and havent had a single issue with them
$55 well spent
might not be Ultinon but they say Philips
my DRl set up cost me a total of $35 with 102SMD bulbs
not a single issue yet and very bright and clear
interier SMD's spent like a total of $20 at most with extras to spare and light up the interior just as well
been in the car industry for quite some time
we have ran clutches from one company saying this at this price and test another say this at this price
one clutch disc sells for 200
do some checking call certain manufacturers and find said disc at fraction of cost as well
boost control solenoid valves
lets say said company sells for $85
do some checking call certain manufacturers and find said solenoid at a fraction of the cost as well
performance...exactly the same
cams...how many cam manufacturers are their out there....
one company buys a large amount specs out there cams with their said specs
do some researching and you can find a very similiar cam not exact but very similiar for a fraction of the cost again
when a company is large enough and has enough financial backing they can buy in and put their name on said product
Old 03-13-13, 03:19 PM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Again, I did not say that the bulbs you purchased were bad. However, I can pretty much guarantee you that the bulbs you purchased were not original Philips regardless of what is stamped on the packaging and/or bulb.
Old 03-13-13, 03:35 PM
supralative
Pole Position

i never said anything about you saying they were bad
i am just offering up my experience on a public forum
i can sell one boost solenoid that looks exactly the same as the other
one with AEM sticker one without does it mean one really isnt an AEM

i did not discredit your post or business in anyway shape or form just offered up personal experience on what i bought
alot of the times it seems most people associate "ebay" with bad quality items
when in my opinion ebay is one the best advertising market places if not the best around
where can you search all across the nation and globe for a said item and get so many results back
why not take advantage of it?
bad thing about it...it makes all kinds of products "*w-h-o-r-e-d" out and profit margin becomes so negligible
that a company truly has a hard time competing in the real world and it falls back to installations and hands on stuff instead of product sales
im not trying to start a fight or anything but just posting up what i purchased and has worked for me
anyone offended....sorry
Old 03-13-13, 03:39 PM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

I use ebay on a regular basis so I agree with you that there are great deals. However, ebay is flooded with fakes and replicas.

We sell original Philips D4S Ultinon bulbs (such as the ones you claimed to have purchased) and I know that it is impossible that someone selling the "same" bulb for $55/pair. I am simply clarifying to anyone reading this post that a $27.50 "Philips Ultinon bulb" being sold on ebay is not actually a genuine product.

Steve
Old 03-13-13, 03:47 PM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by supralative
i never said anything about you saying they were bad
i am just offering up my experience on a public forum
i can sell one boost solenoid that looks exactly the same as the other
one with AEM sticker one without does it mean one really isnt an AEM

i did not discredit your post or business in anyway shape or form just offered up personal experience on what i bought
alot of the times it seems most people associate "ebay" with bad quality items
when in my opinion ebay is one the best advertising market places if not the best around
where can you search all across the nation and globe for a said item and get so many results back
why not take advantage of it?
bad thing about it...it makes all kinds of products "*w-h-o-r-e-d" out and profit margin becomes so negligible
that a company truly has a hard time competing in the real world and it falls back to installations and hands on stuff instead of product sales
im not trying to start a fight or anything but just posting up what i purchased and has worked for me
anyone offended....sorry
I use ebay on a regular basis so I agree with you that there are great deals. However, ebay is flooded with fakes and replicas.

We sell original Philips D4S Ultinon bulbs (such as the ones you claimed to have purchased) and I know that it is impossible that someone selling the "same" bulb for $55/pair. I am simply clarifying to anyone reading this post that a $27.50 "Philips Ultinon bulb" being sold on ebay is not actually a genuine product.

Steve
I agree, there are good products on eBay, however there are even more fakes and knockoffs

Supra, as long as your happy and the bulbs dont fail on you, then theres no problem. Just be aware that they are not authentic Phillips brand bulbs. But then again, if they work for you then its all good

I too thought that eBay was the way to go for Phillips bulbs, but another member made a thread about fake Phillips bulbs that he got off eBay. They ended up being defective and couldnt get his money back. Thats why I went with the real deal and got the bulbs from Steve. He even credited me with a discount when I forgot to redeem my points when I originally made the purchase! Thanks again Steve
Old 03-13-13, 04:37 PM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I have to agree too. If the price is too good to be true, it's counterfeit.

Essentially means supralative, you got burned because they are not genuine Philips.

Here is the pictures to show differences between genuine and counterfeit.

------------------

I use Ebay too and I can tell you that I've seen tons of counterfeit and people still fall for them.

One good example is Yonex top of the line badminton rackets sold on Ebay. People keep thinking they got the real thing (which is close to the $200 range being sold for less then $100) until they find out they gotten a counterfeit. Things which give it away, is the logo, text, bogus serial/date code. Their website below shows the differences between the counterfeit and the genuine article.

http://www.yonex.com/sports/badminto...g-counterfeits

Another good example is anime DVDs on Ebay. Almost 99% of them is counterfeit!

Last edited by Sango; 03-13-13 at 04:44 PM.
Old 03-13-13, 05:02 PM
supralative
Pole Position

Steve
I didnt claim Ultinon. I said I bought Philips D4S off of ebay and that was it. Its my personal experience.

I am happy with my fakes
I am happy that they have not burnt out
I am happy that they light up the road very well
To each their own

Yes there are many knock offs, from Tial wastegates, to Babolat racquets, to many other things. I have seen them as well. These bulbs might....wait wait wait...lets just say they are as it would make things alot easier here....BUT IN THE END ITS MY MONEY WORKED FOR AND SPENT ON WHAT I CHOSE TO BUY. Company advertised as Philips, they have Philips markings, ratings was extremely high and once again I AM HAPPY.

I have bought one item on this forum from one vendor and that was the Megan EZ coilovers as the cost on them was very good. They did not bad mouth anyone when I asked them questions on certain coilovers. If the price wasnt just that bit less I would have used my own account to purchase the coilovers but saving $20 on total cost is saving $20.

We can keep beating the dead horse with a stick or just let it be. I have nothing bad to say about anyone, or any vendor on this forum. Use it for entertainment, gain some knowledge, look at pics, and just honestly BS with enthusiasts at times......
Old 03-13-13, 05:30 PM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

I didnt claim Ultinon. I said I bought Philips D4S off of ebay and that was it. Its my personal experience.

I am happy with my fakes
I am happy that they have not burnt out
I am happy that they light up the road very well
To each their own

Yes there are many knock offs, from Tial wastegates, to Babolat racquets, to many other things. I have seen them as well. These bulbs might....wait wait wait...lets just say they are as it would make things alot easier here....BUT IN THE END ITS MY MONEY WORKED FOR AND SPENT ON WHAT I CHOSE TO BUY. Company advertised as Philips, they have Philips markings, ratings was extremely high and once again I AM HAPPY.

I have bought one item on this forum from one vendor and that was the Megan EZ coilovers as the cost on them was very good. They did not bad mouth anyone when I asked them questions on certain coilovers. If the price wasnt just that bit less I would have used my own account to purchase the coilovers but saving $20 on total cost is saving $20.

We can keep beating the dead horse with a stick or just let it be. I have nothing bad to say about anyone, or any vendor on this forum. Use it for entertainment, gain some knowledge, look at pics, and just honestly BS with enthusiasts at times......
I hope you dont mind me interrupting here Supra, but the statement that I bolded doesnt mean that its the real deal. Just as you mentioned, there are many knock off products and it does not mean that they are all bad. Some of them even are branded as the real thing and have good ratings as well.

Steve isnt bad mouthing you or anything like that. Him and the rest of us are just telling you the facts, nothing more

Believe me, Ive seen many threads where Steve or Danny from Xenondepot recommend products to other members that arent always the top dollar items or even an item that they carry at all! At the end of the day, (like you said) your happy so thats all that matters
Old 03-13-13, 05:45 PM
supralative
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bob4256
I hope you dont mind me interrupting here Supra, but the statement that I bolded doesnt mean that its the real deal. Just as you mentioned, there are many knock off products and it does not mean that they are all bad. Some of them even are branded as the real thing and have good ratings as well.

Steve isnt bad mouthing you or anything like that. Him and the rest of us are just telling you the facts, nothing more

Believe me, Ive seen many threads where Steve or Danny from Xenondepot recommend products to other members that arent always the top dollar items or even an item that they carry at all! At the end of the day, (like you said) your happy so thats all that matters

Bob

I have no problem with you bolding that statement at all.
It all comes down to trust in the person you are buying from. I trusted them and I am happy with them and in the end those are the facts for me and what matters most.

Are these AEM boost solenoids? No sticker on them so who knows
I love the entertainment as long as things are civil.

OP I hope you are happy with whatever bulb choice you chose to go with and from whatever vendor or seller you chose to go with it as well.

Steve
thank you for offering your service to CL and the knowledge behind all lighting questions.
Old 03-13-13, 05:49 PM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Bob

I have no problem with you bolding that statement at all.
It all comes down to trust in the person you are buying from. I trusted them and I am happy with them and in the end those are the facts for me and what matters most.

Are these AEM boost solenoids? No sticker on them so who knows
I love the entertainment as long as things are civil.

OP I hope you are happy with whatever bulb choice you chose to go with and from whatever vendor or seller you chose to go with it as well.

Steve
thank you for offering your service to CL and the knowledge behind all lighting questions.
Without stickers, you would have to look at the internals and determine the build quality. Lots of factors come into play here like materials, electrical work, etc. Much more complex than the average person would even care to think about lol.

Even if they are all pretty much the same, Im sure the authentic one would have a better track record in terms of quality (how long it lasts, how good it does whats its supposed to do, etc)
Old 03-13-13, 06:11 PM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I agree, if you are happy regardless of what you got then its fine.

The comment I am confused about is that you say you didn't say you didn't claim Ultinon but its a Philips. Depending on the color temperature, like 5000K and up, that is pretty much implying Philips Ultinon, just omitting the word out. This is basing on your fact that there is not a Philips non-Ultinon in those color temps. If its 4300K, then its the Philips Xeneco.

This is assuming the genuine Philips.

Last edited by Sango; 03-13-13 at 06:38 PM.
Old 03-13-13, 07:02 PM
supralative
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bob4256
Without stickers, you would have to look at the internals and determine the build quality. Lots of factors come into play here like materials, electrical work, etc. Much more complex than the average person would even care to think about lol.

Even if they are all pretty much the same, Im sure the authentic one would have a better track record in terms of quality (how long it lasts, how good it does whats its supposed to do, etc)
AEM doesnt make a boost solenoid
these are badged as AEM boost solenoids
they work very well
we have regulated boost down to as low as 10psi and upwards of 40+psi as well
we are only using VSS to control boost level so we can get our guys to hook with 1000+WHP on the streets
we might play around with boost by gear on another customer car and see how aggressive we can get and still manage to hook
trial and error at times
always learning and trying to figure out how to better things

Originally Posted by Sango
I agree, if you are happy regardless of what you got then its fine.

The comment I am confused about is that you say you didn't say you didn't claim Ultinon but its a Philips. Depending on the color temperature, like 5000K and up, that is pretty much implying Philips Ultinon, just omitting the word out. This is basing on your fact that there is not a Philips non-Ultinon in those color temps. If its 4300K, then its the Philips Xeneco.

This is assuming the genuine Philips.
Its been beaten to death mang...best to let it be right.

Quick Reply: Philips ultinon 6k or garax 6k