IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models
View Poll Results: A club member upgrades his lexus is250 with ISF bumpers and badges...
This is considered posing because its not really a ISF
52.33%
This is a smart way to upgrade your IS250 to get a more aggressive look
12.79%
Lexus IS250 fsport package option is preferred instead
22.09%
A better option would be ISF bumpers w/no badges & LFA rims instead
29.07%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Completed is250-ISF conversion

Old 01-30-13, 02:03 PM
airvtec
Pole Position

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

Nothing wrong for modding the car with ISF looks. But the difference between people giving compliments or mockery are the badges. It's a thin line you crossed. The car looks good, but badging it something it's not is dis-tastful, in my opinion.
Old 01-30-13, 02:11 PM
BrandonIS
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Woulda upgraded to a 350.
Old 01-30-13, 02:28 PM
edgeucated
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

reading that made my eyes hurt.

"..." is not equivalent to periods, commas, and indentations.
Old 01-30-13, 02:41 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,832 Likes on 2,321 Posts

Soon enough we'll see videos on YouTube of someone in a slow car beating an IS-F in Long Beach. All because of a badge...
Old 01-30-13, 02:45 PM
NSGxLEX
Intermediate

Looks decent. Should have went with a 2012 F sport conversion. Got all my parts oem from sewell painted a little cheaper than what you spent.

Old 01-30-13, 02:46 PM
Joshohoho
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CLUB300
For everyone that voted posing you are all haters lol its just like getting a GTI and upgrading to R32 Bumpers and flares, or Audi A4 and upgrading to S4 stuff, or BMW upgrading to M3 parts or M parts whatever they call it. Everyone is entitle to mod their car with any style they like cause they are spending their own money not ours and it is to their liking not ours because we cant be in the car mod world and only modify our cars to what people like cause then we are moding for the public not for us. No offence to anyone here i do respect everyones opinion, but this is just my 2 cents.
OP asked for a vote or a poll and the forums opinions on his IS-F conversion so the forum gave "their 2 cents" on his thread on IS-F conversion.
Old 01-30-13, 09:26 PM
longbeach9
Driver School Candidate

Dear CL

Thank you all for responding and posting comments on my thread. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I respect everyone that spoke. The ideal of this project was not to try to transform my is250 into the ISF part for part. It was more like giving the is250 a facelift with some of the accents from the ISF... I do agree with most of you regarding the isf badge crossing the line...but really come on guys...anyone that knows anything about an ISF will look at my car and know that its not a real F...its clearly missing many of the noticable features...me trying to fool someone is really not the case...as with all of the other pieces..this is cosmetic...To be honest I just like the way the ISF badge looks...as I do the fake quad exhaust bumper and the front bumper as well...So in retrospect I would probably change the title of this thread to IS250 facelift...the word conversion might have put too much on what my true intentions were....So with that said...I wont get caught on you-tube racing the family car IS250...but if anyone's in the Riverside area with a real ISF and want to run against my Z06 holla at me

I guess I will just have to be the Rebel StepChild of CL...that goes against the rules...No disrespect to all the real ISF owners out there...I just admire "certain" features of your car and I wanted it on my IS250...at the end of the day...its just an IS250...but in SoCal you see hundreds of regular 250/350's on the road...I wanted my car to stand out and be different...some of you dont agree on the decisions I made about certain upgrades...but bottom line is ...I love what I did ..I love the ISF rims and the bumpers...and as a simple upgrade..I think I pulled it off well....the upgrade gets me tons of compliments along with the haters.......and the positivity of the overall project out weighs the few that dont agree...theres so many directions someone can go with upgrading his car...and I just happen to be one who fell inlove with the ISF look and not really the performance aspect of the car...and for the record...according to my poll...there are currently 9 people who agree and would do the same thing I did with this upgraded look...so I'm not alone with my taste or way of thinking..I just dont think its a common opinion on the CL forum....big shot out to CLUB300 thanks for standing up to the giants with me...its all good...

oh yeah can someone help me compress the jpeg pictures to below 1mb...... right now there 1.8mb and the max attach. is 1mb....I had to go with a different format to get the pictures to upload.(thats why they look grainy like that)..and to answer everyone's question about needing mods to fit the front & rear bumper....the answer is "NO" everything on the ebaykit fit perfect...the only mod you have to do for the rear is cut your original exhaust tips and get them welded pointing downwards...everything else mounts into place...

I was wondering if I asked 100 regular people that own is250's (not isf racing heads) if lexus came out with a special edition of the IS250 called the ISGrandSport...and all that it had was the lexus Is250 engine with the ISF bodystyle would they consider that model for the more aggressive look...I would bet money that over 75% of those "regular" people would choose yes.... they wont mind a 250/350 engine with a ISF body anyday of the week.......Corvette has already done this..thats why I mention....the corvette "grandsport" has the Z06 body...and the base vette engine....so when chevy does my type of upgrade and renames the car...everyone loves it...but when I do the same concept with a Lexus...I'm Posing...Chevy had an ideal and ran with it....They knew the Z06 had a nice bodystyle that many love...but everyone doesnt want the power...just the looks...so they came up with the grandsport model....so for the record....my car isnt a ISF conversion anymore people.....everyone welcome the all new 2009 "IS Grand-FSport "...the accents of the ISF bodystyle with the great gas mileage and power of the IS250....So now..i'm not posing..I just started a new model....I just have to get a grand f-sport badge from chevy ...lol take care guys.thats it on exterior mods for the car...(no springs or hoods or anything else).....My next project is the china (flyaudio navigation unit)$600...I'll let you know how that goes...Tax time babbbbbyyyyyyy$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Last edited by Rash; 01-31-13 at 02:09 PM. Reason: split into 4 paragraphs, easier to read.
Old 01-30-13, 09:28 PM
VIS250P
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

EHHH not my style.. IT kinda waste of money
Old 01-30-13, 10:05 PM
Rolando
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

you need side skirts hood and trunk spoiler. Personally i think the 2011-2013 f sport look, looks better than the is-f
Old 01-30-13, 10:44 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by longbeach9
Chevy had an ideal and ran with it....
True, but Lexus isn't Chevy...nor are they even comparable.
Old 01-30-13, 11:58 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

the more i look at it, the more the lack of attention to details bother me:

you've got the wrong taillights, you're missing the IS-F fenders and the lower side rocker panels and the rear trunk lip spoiler, and for some reason it looks like your paint shop over-painted the painted area next to the foglight housings (that are actually ducts for airflow to the brakes, and on the F they're matte plastic black). oh, and the exhaust tips are supposed to fill out the rest of the bumper cut-out.

upon closer inspection, the upper grille is too narrow, and it seems like you've got fitment issues. (yes, even low-res pics can reveal such details.)

if you liked the aggressive styling of the IS-F and wanted to go in that direction, i understand, but the execution is terrible. it looks like you had an idea, didn't want to go the more expensive route for real OEM IS-F body panels and exterior components, and instead cheaped-out and settled for some second-rate ebay junk.

maybe it's a good thing that your pics are low-res - you won't have to endure the scrutiny and criticism of a second-rate "$500" paint job. lexus paint jobs are difficult to reproduce, and often the re-painted areas may not have the same color as the factory paint job.

and putting on a bunch of "F" badges on your is250 with those ebay knock-off parts? imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but there's nothing flattering about what you've done.
Old 01-31-13, 05:31 AM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by longbeach9
Dear CL

..and to answer everyone's question about needing mods to fit the front & rear bumper....the answer is "NO" everything on the ebaykit fit perfect...the only mod you have to do for the rear is cut your original exhaust tips and get them welded pointing downwards...everything else mounts into place...

I was wondering if I asked 100 regular people that own is250's (not isf racing heads) if lexus came out with a special edition of the IS250 called the ISGrandSport...and all that it had was the lexus Is250 engine with the ISF bodystyle would they consider that model for the more aggressive look...I would bet money that over 75% of those "regular" people would choose yes.... they wont mind a 250/350 engine with a ISF body anyday of the week.......Corvette has already done this..thats why I mention....the corvette "grandsport" has the Z06 body...and the base vette engine....so when chevy does my type of upgrade and renames the car...everyone loves it...but when I do the same concept with a Lexus...I'm Posing...Chevy had an ideal and ran with it....They knew the Z06 had a nice bodystyle that many love...but everyone doesnt want the power...just the looks...so they came up with the grandsport model....
Your prized eBay kit is made FOR the ISx50. Of course there is no modification needed. It's not a direct replica of the OEM ISF bumper either, otherwise it would not fit.

You overlooked the aspect that Chevrolet does not badge the Grand Sport as a Z06. Grand Sports also use factory OEM parts to produce the car, not cheaply made eBay parts. You'd have considerable less negative comments about your swap with no badges, once again.

Enjoy your car, and swap your tires as others have mentioned.
Old 01-31-13, 05:42 AM
Rash
hmm

The car is fine, just the badge.. you like it but you don't have it, that's the difference. Anyways it's your car, nobody can force you.

Send me the original pictures on my email: 7raizy@gmail.com
Old 01-31-13, 07:32 AM
juvi22003
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

This is a no go for me especially with the IS-F Badges
Old 01-31-13, 10:48 AM
Joshohoho
Lead Lap

This is like lying to yourself and wasting money.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Completed is250-ISF conversion