IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

IS350 do I have a sport package?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-12, 03:23 PM
gFREAKy
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IS350 do I have a sport package?

I own a used 2006 is350 and Im just trying to figure out if it is the sport package. It has wood grain in it which is supposed to be luxury only but I dont have the sun shade in the rear or a NAV. I do have the 18inch wheels tho. no special looking pedals tho. My car is stiff as f*k when I push on it but there is some body roll in the sharper turns. I wasn't told anything about my car from the dealer and i was a little clueless with lexus packages when i bought it. And not to mention the dealership was a little shady and didnt really know too much about the car...

The reason im asking is because I was looking to get fsport shocks and springs but people on another forum said that the sport suspension is actually better for handling due to the linear vs progressive springs.
Old 09-12-12, 03:41 PM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

It's a personal preference for linear vs progressive. I personally linear.

I believe the other members can tell you the indicators of how to tell visually in features if it is a sport package or not.

One way you can verify for sure is by contacting Lexus and provide them VIN# so they can look it up what the car has from the factory.
Old 09-12-12, 03:55 PM
soupdawg
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no pedals no sport package. sounds like premium package
Old 09-12-12, 04:17 PM
Initial G
Lexus Champion

Best bet to know for sure is to take it to a local lexus dealership and have them check the vin like Sango said.

What did the car dealership you purchased the car list it as?
Old 09-12-12, 05:19 PM
NimaM
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If your lexus came with memory seats, then it has luxury pakcage!
Old 09-12-12, 05:25 PM
anthrax144
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by NimaM
If your lexus came with memory seats, then it has luxury package!
Not true. Sports package includes memory seats as well.

If it has wood grain, it definitely is NOT sports package. Sports package has aluminum trim, sports pedals, heated and ventilated seats, and memory settings. As was mentioned, you probably have the premium package.

If you don't like the body roll, get the F-sport sway bars. It helps immensely!
Old 09-12-12, 05:27 PM
LS4Sixty
Driver School Candidate

If your car has wood grain it does not have factory sports package in 06....the sports package has silver painted trim, sports pedals and does have memory seats...sits 1/2 inch lower from the factory and also has different part numbers from brakes and pads...I owned one for 3 years. Sports package combines some lux/prem package features. Hope this helps
Old 09-12-12, 05:39 PM
gFREAKy
Driver

Originally Posted by Sango
It's a personal preference for linear vs progressive. I personally linear.

I believe the other members can tell you the indicators of how to tell visually in features if it is a sport package or not.

One way you can verify for sure is by contacting Lexus and provide them VIN# so they can look it up what the car has from the factory.
I signed up at lexus.com and made an account which required me to put my VIN in. I didn't see anything on the site that showed my actual model whether it was premium or l ux or sport. But when I take it in next tuesday for the check VSC light ill ask them to take a look for me.

And just went and played with my gfs lowered 350z and my lexus and my car is stiffer than it lol but its a lot softer on the bumps than her car. I think thats strange
Old 09-12-12, 05:52 PM
robbieca
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by anthrax144

If it has wood grain, it definitely is NOT sports package. Sports package has aluminum trim, sports pedals, heated and ventilated seats, and memory settings. As was mentioned, you probably have the premium package.

I have Sport with a center wood console. However, my doors have still have the aluminum. For some strange reason the previous owner changed out the center console to wood.
Last time I checked on Sewell thats a $1200 change. I'm hoping he got a better deal than that though - waste of money in my mind.

any yes - I'm 100% sure it's Sport....
Old 09-12-12, 06:01 PM
MyIS350G
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you might have base model.. Xenon?
Old 09-12-12, 06:06 PM
LS4Sixty
Driver School Candidate

ST Sport Package $3695.00
Incl 18” summer tires, 18” Alloy wheels, Sport tuned suspension, Bi-Xenon HID auto-leveling headlamps, perforated leather seating
surfaces, heated and ventilated front seats w/memory, power tilt/telescoping steering wheel, alloy pedals & rain-sensing wipers

PT Premium Package $1290.00
Perforated leather seating surfaces, heated & ventilated front seats, 10-way power adjusters memory activated & Birds Eye Maple Trim

LT Luxury Packag $4215.00
Incl 18” summer tires, 18” Alloy wheels, Bi-Xenon HID auto-leveling headlamps, perforated leather seating surfaces, heated and
ventilated front seats w/memory, power tilt/telescoping steering wheel, auto-dimming exterior mirrors with memory, power sunshade,
rain-sensing wipers & Bird’s Eye Maple Trim
Old 09-12-12, 06:17 PM
gFREAKy
Driver

Originally Posted by anthrax144

Definitely going to get the sways sometime soon. should I bother with springs and shocks?
Old 09-12-12, 06:18 PM
gFREAKy
Driver

Originally Posted by MyIS350G
you might have base model.. Xenon?
No i dont believe so. the lights are way dimmer than my gfs HID lights on her 350z
Old 09-12-12, 06:22 PM
Initial G
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by gFREAKy
Definitely going to get the sways sometime soon. should I bother with springs and shocks?
Sway bars help a lot IMHO. If you want to lower your car, then you should get some springs. If you have the extra $$$ might as well spend a little more and get some coil overs.
Old 09-12-12, 06:38 PM
gFREAKy
Driver

Originally Posted by Initial G
Sway bars help a lot IMHO. If you want to lower your car, then you should get some springs. If you have the extra $$$ might as well spend a little more and get some coil overs.
Yeah I have a lexus but don't have lexus money lol The only way I'd get f sport shocks is if I needed to replace mine which might be happening soon I guess due to my high mileage. I can justify the $350 for the front and rear sways but not $1.2k + for coils that don't last as long. Maybe if you knew of some below 1k then possibly.

Quick Reply: IS350 do I have a sport package?