IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

It Was Nice Knowing You Guys!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-12, 10:06 AM
MikeyK02
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

7 years? Gat dammmmmmn

well op, at least you're enjoying it, and you did what you felt was right for you

I have been keeping an eye on the genesis 4.6 sedan

as they can be had for cheap in comparison, so dont think I'm just hatin on hyundai
Old 06-07-12, 10:12 AM
PetesSweet
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

****ing Iphone typos, I meant 6yrs 72month loan
Old 06-07-12, 10:14 AM
PetesSweet
Pole Position

Thought I love Lexus I am not gonna be jumping the Lexus ship anytime soon, just being only 25 I wanna get my 2dr RWD years going before kids and marriage ruin it, I still will buy a Lexus again just one that is everything I want from it without the lack of power I had in the 250.

Lexus 4 ever :-D
Old 06-07-12, 11:40 AM
RastaRacer
Lexus Champion

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Congrats on the new enjoy and take care.
Old 06-07-12, 11:48 AM
Rikg35
Lead Lap

lexus > Hyundai

Sorry Dude but you effed up bad!!!
Old 06-07-12, 12:00 PM
Shervin350
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nice car, should of get track package
Old 06-07-12, 12:06 PM
ArmyofOne
Dysfunctional Veteran

Received 160 Likes on 112 Posts

Not the route I would have taken, not nessecarily because of the brand, but because no matter how you slice it...you will not be able to pay that car off faster than it depreciates if you only pay the payment.

72 months at $461 is a lot of money. at 0% interest (which you didn't get with no money down unless its a lease or you have PERFECT credit/little-no debt) you will pay roughly 34k for that car at the end of the loan term.

If you could afford the extra $111 per month, the smart thing would have been to refinance the Lex to a 48 month loan, and dealt with it for a few more years. But hey, its all over now. FWIW, you picked a good car, the Genesis coupe is nice. I just hope you don't come into a situation where you NEED to get rid of it, because you will be upside down soon, if you aren't already.
Old 06-07-12, 12:27 PM
ydnandy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by PetesSweet
Thought I love Lexus I am not gonna be jumping the Lexus ship anytime soon, just being only 25 I wanna get my 2dr RWD years going before kids and marriage ruin it, I still will buy a Lexus again just one that is everything I want from it without the lack of power I had in the 250.

Lexus 4 ever :-D

hey man, don't knock marriage and kids... they didn't "ruin" my 2dr years. In fact, having kids gave me the "leverage" I needed to get my IS -- I HAD to have four doors, so I picked the 4dr I wanted

New car looks nice! Not a huge fan of the brand, but seems they have been getting better of the past few years. Enjoy!
Old 06-07-12, 12:35 PM
Shervin350
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

man why everyone talking down on this guys, he gata nice looking car, he loves the power and he enjoys it, money come and go and this not his last car, you got to try different things just like we didn't own lexus from day one, and we wont keep buying a lexus until the day we die, enjoy your car man, post inside pictures also
Old 06-07-12, 12:45 PM
baputsti
Driver School Candidate

Nice car, but it will never be the next Supra or Datsun 240Z. Never!
Old 06-07-12, 12:53 PM
Wunko
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Great to hear you found a car you like. Your Hyundai Genesis looks awesome!

Originally Posted by Sango
There are some slimeballs at Lexus of Bellevue from what I have heard.
I agree. That is why I ended up getting my IS from Lexus of Seattle. LOS and Lexus of Tacoma are pretty far from me so I might consider going to LOB for service. If I did need to buy a Lexus and went to LOB, I'd better get a different sales representative than I had last time.
Old 06-07-12, 12:54 PM
DKnight350
Pole Position

I guess you have to expect to get flamed posting about another brand on here. (but some of these pople are harsh). I took a ton of crap from my coworkers for buying an IS (they drive G37 and Charger R/T both cheaper and both faster with their mods). Nothing like getting beat down when you have the new car excitement going on.

Grats on your new car. I hope it is everything you want it to be. Hyundai has really come around and is very reliable now.
Enjoy!
Old 06-07-12, 01:06 PM
600rr05
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

best of luck to you and your new ride...
Old 06-07-12, 01:09 PM
ArmyofOne
Dysfunctional Veteran

Received 160 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by DKnight350
I guess you have to expect to get flamed posting about another brand on here. (but some of these pople are harsh). I took a ton of crap from my coworkers for buying an IS (they drive G37 and Charger R/T both cheaper and both faster with their mods). Nothing like getting beat down when you have the new car excitement going on.

Grats on your new car. I hope it is everything you want it to be. Hyundai has really come around and is very reliable now.
Enjoy!
Well, I cant speak for anyone else, but I would never flame anyone for this.

I just dont understand the purchase logic, other than getting what you want...but hey, its not my money.

Again, nice car bud, I am sure I will see you driving around seattle/tacoma in the coming months.
Old 06-07-12, 01:18 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

it's not what car he chose to move on to. that much is irrelevant, as you'll get typical fanboy reactions which are nothing more than individual opinions.

on the other hand, it's a poor financial decision to get out of a just-as-bad previous financial decision. it's the proverbial frying pan-fire situation.

but, hey, to each his own.

Quick Reply: It Was Nice Knowing You Guys!