IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

S2k tips no GFX

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-11, 11:10 PM
JapanRot
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ohiois350
thanks, that what i was thinking about to claim in those bump on exhaust pipe and slide the s2k in more, right now it flush with my GFX rear from the top view, but the side view still show, all i want to push in 2 more inch, and iam good
Oh yeah for sure if you bend in the ridges and reduce the overall diameter you will get 2 more inches easy. A lot of people say that from the side profile they stick out too much, but from what I see on my car they are out as far as my stock tips were on the sides. Its just the s2k tips look more massive because of the oval shape rather then them being round like the stockies.
Old 07-15-11, 11:14 PM
ohiois350
Pole Position

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

yeah I will give it a try on the weekend, I hate the side look
Old 07-15-11, 11:21 PM
JapanRot
Rookie

Originally Posted by ohiois350
yeah I will give it a try on the weekend, I hate the side look
Good luck, like I said if you need any help just pm me.
Old 07-15-11, 11:23 PM
ohiois350
Pole Position

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

thanks Japanrot, sign out and go to sleep, g9 man
Old 09-17-11, 06:43 PM
omgitsjoe
Pole Position

I was about to get the gfx tips but after seeing this thread / mod i think i'll take my chance on these S2K tips without the gfx lip if it does stick out too much then i guess i'll need to get a gfx lip !
Old 09-17-11, 07:37 PM
HeartmyIS
Lexus Champion

I have the ap2 tips on my car as well. For those who have the gfx rear already, no need to push it in too much...the kit will cover most of the tips. There is a bolt underneath that you can tighten so that it won't fall off
Old 09-18-11, 06:31 AM
JapanRot
Rookie

Originally Posted by omgitsjoe
I was about to get the gfx tips but after seeing this thread / mod i think i'll take my chance on these S2K tips without the gfx lip if it does stick out too much then i guess i'll need to get a gfx lip !
Our cars are twins except I have tints Haha. Pm if you need any help getting the tip to slide in all the way.
Old 09-18-11, 07:04 AM
omgitsjoe
Pole Position

Originally Posted by JapanRot
Our cars are twins except I have tints Haha. Pm if you need any help getting the tip to slide in all the way.
Thank you man that's exactly what i thought about when i saw the first picture ...... hey your rear looks just like mine well never mind !!

I like how it looks and really want to try the s2k tips but had been undecided between s2k , magnaflows or the gfx tips ? Your pictures has me now leaning towards to s2k of course
Old 09-18-11, 07:11 AM
JapanRot
Rookie

Thank you man that's exactly what i thought about when i saw the first picture ...... hey your rear looks just like mine well never mind !!

I like how it looks and really want to try the s2k tips but had been undecided between s2k , magnaflows or the gfx tips ? Your pictures has me now leaning towards to s2k of course
I say try it and if you don't like it I'm sure there are a bunch of people on here that will buy them from you. But I can assure that you will like them. I have had many compliments.
Old 09-18-11, 08:36 AM
omgitsjoe
Pole Position

Haaa ............ my wife who was reading over my shoulder saw your above post and with her dirty little mind commented on you helping in getting " the tip to slide all the way in ? " i loove her

I say try it and if you don't like it I'm sure there are a bunch of people on here that will buy them from you. But I can assure that you will like them. I have had many compliments.
Thanks again ........... i figure if i'm going to get new tips they might as well stand out rather than be just a " little bit bigger " and its not even noticable size does count
Old 09-18-11, 09:00 AM
JapanRot
Rookie

Haaa ............ my wife who was reading over my shoulder saw your above post and with her dirty little mind commented on you helping in getting " the tip to slide all the way in ? " i loove her

Thanks again ........... i figure if i'm going to get new tips they might as well stand out rather than be just a " little bit bigger " and its not even noticable size does count
Women like that are keepers, my gf has a dirty mind and it makes things all the more fun LOL.
Old 09-18-11, 10:46 AM
omgitsjoe
Pole Position

Women like that are keepers, my gf has a dirty mind and it makes things all the more fun LOL.
Yes i know that's why i love her sooo much !! We're actually celebrating our 7th year anniversary today yaaay
Old 10-01-11, 04:07 PM
omgitsjoe
Pole Position

JapanRot

Just got my AP2 tips on and I thank you and this thread for helping me decide to go for it

Kinda like your car's twin but i think mine look a bit larger but only cause it's sticking out a bit more ?? I guess i didnt get to put it all the way in

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...o-gfx-lip.html

Thanks again !
Old 07-10-13, 11:27 AM
AliIS
Driver School Candidate

I've tried everything and still can't get them to slide in all the way. I'm a pretty big guy and can't force the raised bumps down. Am I missing something?
Old 07-10-13, 11:53 AM
B16da9
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by AliIS
I've tried everything and still can't get them to slide in all the way. I'm a pretty big guy and can't force the raised bumps down. Am I missing something?
I was going to install these tips on my car but then I ended up getting a Tanabe. What I was going to do to get them to sit flush was to cut 2" off the stock pipe so the tip could sit further in.

Quick Reply: S2k tips no GFX