IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Worst dealership story

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-11, 12:26 PM
kumquatism
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The dealership that I went to for my IS let us just sign a personal check. We signed some papers saying that we'd ensure the bank account has enough funds for the car, and we made them sign a paper ensuring that they do not cash the check prematurely. We transferred the funds over, and then gave them the OK via phone several days later.
Sorry the first car didn't work out for you, but in the end, you did get a car after all. That dealership in Huntsville sounds like much less hassle too! Congrats on your new car! We want pics when you go pick it up!
Old 05-31-11, 09:24 PM
HAYSTACK
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I'll post some pics in the morning. I already bought a car, so they missed out on my business. Im sure they wont have a problem selling it, I'll just try to give as many bad reviews online, I filed with the BBB, and complained to lexus corp. If I can stop one person from going there then I did ok. Lexus corp apologized and I asked them not to apologize for them but thanks anyways. Im emailing pics of me with the car to the sales lady at South ATL as well...lol
Old 05-31-11, 09:37 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks like they are gonna get those bad reviews anyways, even if its not on a Lexus survey Anyways, glad you got a new car!
Old 05-31-11, 09:58 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by pjjames1
Definitely don't let this go. That is total bull****. It would be one thing for a small used car dealership to pull this but an actual Lexus dealer...blows my mind. You don't sound sketchy at all and for everyone who is saying "look at from the dealers perspective"...give me a break - wake up! Dealers have ways upon ways of making deals work in the customers favor and protecting themselves at the same time. Batman is right, he should have signed the credit app which would have kept the dealer safe. But with the bank manager calling and faxing docs...they're morons to refuse you purchase. If it was me and I have the time to do it, I would tell them to lawyer up. They're has to be some sort of law against refusing purchase to a legitimate buyer. Or discrimination of some degree. Keep us all posted.
there's two sides to every story, so allow me to play the devil's advocate here.

the dealer isn't a moron to refuse a sale. there are many other scenarios of which the most likely thing that did happen without the OP's knowledge is it having a signed-and-sealed sale at a higher asking price than what was negotiated by the OP. the OP was just a few ticks late, and the dealership pulled the deal off the table at the 23rd hour. while this is all speculation, fact is there's no law-breaking or discrimination taking place here other than what the dealership deems good bottom-line business.

should the dealership worry about losing a sale? in most scenarios, probably not. it's not like all they sell are LFA's to an exclusive, affluent bunch. there's a market for lexus vehicles like the 2is, and for every sale they don't make, they'll make another one. being that the 2is - and lexus vehicles in general - is in relative high demand and low supply, it's a seller's market. as such, dealerships hold almost all the cards, and the buyers just have to be either savvy negotiators, pay the asking price, or look elsewhere.

given what the OP has provided w/ his experience, lawyering up would almost accomplish little to nothing except the wasteful expenditure of legal fees that would ultimately result in a lose-lose situation. it would be more beneficial for him to move on...

/devilsadvocate

to the OP, it's a shame that things didn't work out for you the first time out, but at least you found what you were looking for and will be joining the rank of 2is owners. while not exactly the best buying experience, at least you were able to work things out elsewhere.

edit: i'd take the high road and just leave it at that, but to each his own.
Old 06-01-11, 05:23 PM
HAYSTACK
Pole Position

Just to show im not a crook...went to the dealership this morning. Handed them the same check as the one I had at South ATL, manager shook my hand and handed over the keys.

Old 06-01-11, 06:02 PM
306and277
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hell yeah! Damn that thing is sexy. Congratulations man!
Old 06-01-11, 06:41 PM
Stylnhonda
Lexus Test Driver

Sucks to hear man, I would be pissed as hell. I don't think I would have left though without talking to someone higher up.

I work at a bank and not every check has a water mark. Hell our cashiers checks don't. Any check can be fake, water mark or not.

Sounds like you did everything you could....no way I'd go back to work after close lol. Nice manager.

Did you and the dealership agree on a the type of funds you brought before hand?

Funny thing is, people pay for car's all day long with personal checks.

PS: They can't check your credit score unless you tell them they can/sign for an application. Yet why sign an app when your paying in full with a check.
Old 06-01-11, 08:55 PM
ISThree
Lead Lap

sorry to hear what happened last couple days
but congrats on the new ride! enjoy it!
Old 06-01-11, 09:34 PM
Micaiah

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats on the beautiful new car, HAYSTACK!!

I'd make a copy of the receipt and fax it to the manager of the first dealership.
Old 06-01-11, 10:30 PM
HAYSTACK
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Stylnhonda
Sucks to hear man, I would be pissed as hell. I don't think I would have left though without talking to someone higher up.

I work at a bank and not every check has a water mark. Hell our cashiers checks don't. Any check can be fake, water mark or not.

Sounds like you did everything you could....no way I'd go back to work after close lol. Nice manager.

Did you and the dealership agree on a the type of funds you brought before hand?

Funny thing is, people pay for car's all day long with personal checks.

PS: They can't check your credit score unless you tell them they can/sign for an application. Yet why sign an app when your paying in full with a check.

Yeah man, when the manager had the internet sales lady on the phone, we got the VIN# final price etc, and he stated we would be sending a bank cashiers check made out to Lexus of South ATL.
Old 06-01-11, 10:33 PM
HAYSTACK
Pole Position

the car doesnt have Nav, but has heated/vent seats (black interior) xm, bluetooth etc. Has the dark maple wood trim. Id prefer the silver that comes in the Fsports or maybe Carbon. Damn glare from the sun shines right in my eye from the area beside the shifter.
Old 06-01-11, 11:22 PM
Wunko
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Congratulations! Awesome you finally got something at another dealership. Hope to see more photos later on.
Old 06-02-11, 05:30 AM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Congrats on the car. But give up on the sour experience you had with the other dealer, it's not going to accomplish anything by going out of your way to try to damage his business other than to give you some short term satisfaction. It's a waste of good energy and childish. It's over, get on with your life. And here is a news flash ..... LIFE ISN'T ALWAYS FAIR.
Old 06-02-11, 05:47 AM
Thinktwice
Pole Position

My guess is the South Atlanta dealership was screwed by someone before, thus they decided to play it safe. As result, they lost someone's business who was legitimate.
Old 03-12-12, 02:49 PM
SiskoMax77
Pole Position

Hate to do this but it needs to be done.
I went this weekened to Nalley Lexus awith Lobuxracer (I really really appreciate your time my good friend!) to consider upgrading to an IS-F. They have 2 preowned ones sitting on their lot. Lets just say the expireince was horrible! If you get a sales person by the name of Johnnie Anderson.....just run. He didn;t even try to sell me on the car, he didn't know anyhting about the F, he didn;t let me drive the car comfortably (kept telling me to slow down once I hit 40, told me about a guy who drove a car on the Nalley AUDI lot and got put in jail due to excessive speeding), and to make mattters even worse he burned the HECK out of my clutch and had the gulls to blame my F-Sport intake, exhaust, and BLITZ throttle control for the reason he could not drive a manual transmission. He appologized but overall did not mean it in a sincere way or a matter that made me feel like a valued customer. I was treated like a number and/or a liar....totally unacceptable!
WIth advice from my Dad and Lobuxracer, I have contacted the dealer requesting to speak with the owner, I have also scheduled a visit with my only good friend at that dealership Aaron Vuu (whom I have known for 10+ years and is unfortunately leaving after this week) I want my car looked and and fixed, afterwards I will have nothing to do with that dealership. They are a bunch of crooks and IMO a low rate car dealership. Seriously, how do you treat a Lexus owner like crap? I hope this issue ends in a positive note, if not.........I have a lawyer ready to act. Thanks for listening guys and yes, THUMBS DOWN to Nalley Lexus of Roswell

Quick Reply: Worst dealership story