IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

world first is250 trasformation to is-f new updated

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-12, 12:52 PM
paulo
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ndk83
Wow great build man, car sounds ridiculously sick. Cant believe that sound is without headers.

So im assuming its a full exhaust system? are u cats still there? Did u do anything else to the 3uz other than the Intake? Any idea what power ur putting out? stock the 4.3 is a lil less than 300 hp. Would love to get more info on whats been done. it sounds totally badass.

All in all amazing build, car is a proper sleeper. Kudos
thank lol yes no cats , no headers all stock ...power 242whp
Old 08-16-12, 01:23 PM
paulo
Rookie

Originally Posted by PAVGR
Sorry Paulo to ask again but you said its direct fit and i m confused because everyone else says that it cant be done.I forgot to say that i want to do the swap but i want the 350 engine with my manual tranny what do you say about that since you seem to know everything about the 250 and 350 ecu diagram.Can it be done?
yeah lol i cant see any problem , also good news is that your flywheel and gearbox is directly bolt on
Old 08-16-12, 01:35 PM
ndk83
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by paulo
thank lol yes no cats , no headers all stock ...power 242whp
What exahust did u use? im confused? also is the whole thing stock? or was there a cat delete?
if "stock" did u use ur the original exhaust off an IS? u must have used the 4.3 exhaust manifold and fitted that to a stock IS exhaust? was it a direct fit?
Old 08-16-12, 01:50 PM
paulo
Rookie

What exahust did u use? im confused? also is the whole thing stock? or was there a cat delete?
if "stock" did u use ur the original exhaust off an IS? u must have used the 4.3 exhaust manifold and fitted that to a stock IS exhaust? was it a direct fit?
Hi lol very simple and plain no cats at all , i use std 3uz exh. manifold with my local performance exhaust both side 3'' with only 1 muffler each side right at end via y exit to quad pipe
Old 08-16-12, 02:20 PM
Herofmine
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lol first of all i have gone through all harness diagram and i can tell you , the is-f are directly plug in as extra harness are all lying on engine as for car harness are same just remember toyota did all harness exactly the same but some model will have extra wire and plug lying around ..

now to keep u happy regard harness here is proof on my car , i'm run IS-F instrumentation (cluster) which everything work with just plug in .
Now to answer your PS question which i'm current run now , here we go i got engine and tranny from ls430 3uz six speed complete with harness , now surprise is coming the 3uz harness is plug directly to my 250 ecu yeah u are reading correctly but obvious it will not start the engine as there are 2 cylinder missing but the 3uz tranny is working with 250 ecu ahhhahhh impossible nahh but not .
now why i said 350 will work yeah because the configuration is same but the power/calibration it not same that why i said take 350 engine and ecu and just plug and u done ..

Ok run standalone for my engine which is even better as you can tune for better performance but that only run the inj. and coil that is .
Well it's not going to work properly, best way to get it done right, get ISF ecu including complete wiring.
And exactly what i am trying to say 2 cylinders missing from stock 250 ecu, hardware might be same but operation/softwears are different. Anyway you did great job!
By the way how much it cost you if it's not a secret?
Old 08-16-12, 02:33 PM
paulo
Rookie

Originally Posted by Herofmine
Well it's not going to work properly, best way to get it done right, get ISF ecu including complete wiring.
And exactly what i am trying to say 2 cylinders missing from stock 250 ecu, hardware might be same but operation/softwears are different. Anyway you did great job!
By the way how much it cost you if it's not a secret?
for the engine conversion complete on road include engine and tranny , ecu exh etc $4200.00
Old 08-16-12, 02:38 PM
ndk83
Pole Position

Hi lol very simple and plain no cats at all , i use std 3uz exh. manifold with my local performance exhaust both side 3'' with only 1 muffler each side right at end via y exit to quad pipe
ahhhh i see, nice. Great sounding car

for the engine conversion complete on road include engine and tranny , ecu exh etc $4200.00
thats a typo right? 42,000 ? ouch, that aint cheap, you gotta pay to play. big up to u for undergoing such a project, im sure the rewards make all this very worth it.
Old 08-16-12, 03:09 PM
paulo
Rookie

ahhhh i see, nice. Great sounding car

thats a typo right? 42,000 ? ouch, that aint cheap, you gotta pay to play. big up to u for undergoing such a project, im sure the rewards make all this very worth it.
hey lol dont get wrong i said 4200 and not 42,000 and also want to let everyone know that i took on hwy and i did over 155mph on gps which is350 will never get there and i'm sure it lighter on fuel then is350
Old 08-16-12, 03:09 PM
Davidcv4
Driver

that's a pretty sick swap yo
Old 08-16-12, 03:32 PM
ndk83
Pole Position

hey lol dont get wrong i said 4200 and not 42,000
craziness
Old 08-16-12, 03:41 PM
350PsDMeuP
Instructor

considering my iforged wheels cost $3k, $4k for an engine isnt that bad...can't get a used IS F for that price...Im intrigued, I wish I understood how this works a little bit more...

1.are you going to add turbos?

2.OP so if i get this engine in a 350 will I still be missing the 2 cylinders because of the ECU?

3. I this the reason that you're getting the HP results that you're getting (ECU)? assuming if the proper ECU is installed it would go from beast to insane...
Old 08-16-12, 04:48 PM
Herofmine
Pole Position

It cost him 4200$ because he did the job by himself.
If i am going to decide to keep my 350 for longer time maybe i will do F conversation, plus after few years prices will drop because ISF 4 years old car still new so after while there will be more salvage cars in junkyards for less money=))
Old 08-16-12, 09:02 PM
PAVGR
Racer

Received 85 Likes on 49 Posts

yeah lol i cant see any problem , also good news is that your flywheel and gearbox is directly bolt on
Sorry to bother you again Paulo i know that the gearbox and flywheel is directly bolt on but how the IS350 ecu work with the manual trunny since IS350 is automatik?The promblem with the swap is in the electricall.I wish you have the answer to that too.
Old 08-17-12, 06:49 AM
paulo
Rookie

Originally Posted by 350PsDMeuP
considering my iforged wheels cost $3k, $4k for an engine isnt that bad...can't get a used IS F for that price...Im intrigued, I wish I understood how this works a little bit more...

1.are you going to add turbos?

2.OP so if i get this engine in a 350 will I still be missing the 2 cylinders because of the ECU?

3. I this the reason that you're getting the HP results that you're getting (ECU)? assuming if the proper ECU is installed it would go from beast to insane...
i want to but wife said no maybe later who know as the ecu is ready for application.
why you want to remove 350 ???
Old 08-17-12, 07:38 AM
06isDriver
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

lack of any options for building the engine? Id love to have a 3uz in mine so I could build it out for a proper turbo setup. www.lextreme.com

Quick Reply: world first is250 trasformation to is-f new updated