ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-2nd-gen-2006-2013-163/)
-   -   pissed with vancouver bc lexus dealer ( for all canadian lexus owner ) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-2nd-gen-2006-2013/539126-pissed-with-vancouver-bc-lexus-dealer-for-all-canadian-lexus-owner.html)

ejn184 11-30-10 08:38 AM

pissed with vancouver bc lexus dealer ( for all canadian lexus owner )

just wanna tell about this matter for all canadian owner lexus.
im so pissed about one of the lexus dealer in vancouver bc, the dealer name is regency lexus. i just bought the is 350 awd and i wanna put it lip spoiler for free cause they gave me a $500 off on it because i bought first car with the same sales person from toyota. anyway for the appointment service to put it the spoiler , they say takes a month. im so surpirsed and shock. i mean are u kidding me. a month???????? and i tell my sales person to help me to change the booking appointment for the installation . and then they said they can do it next week? i mean wtf man. they can do that just like that. and then i missed the appoinment yesterday. and i call them today. they say i have to wait for a week again to put it the damn lip spoiler. i mean toyota way more better than lexus about service. even only oil change , they can do right away , if i leave the car the whole day. this one, only put the lip spoiler, i have to wait almost 2 weeks more. i already ask them for leaving the car for the whole day, they said , they cannot do it. wtf.i guess dealer in the states way much better than in canada, i guess. :thumbdn:

JMcDonald 11-30-10 09:15 AM

Well....um....maybe you should have showed up to your appointment and not missed it.then it would have gotten done......

ejn184 11-30-10 09:16 AM

Lexus canada SUCKS!!!!

i complaint about this to lexus canada :
Dear sir, i just bought a 2011 lexus is 350 awd with full options 2 weeks
ago and i want ask about the tires sizes on the car, on the front tires are
225 45 17 and the rear are 225 45 17 with standard lexus wheels. i check on
lexus usa , for 2011 lexus is 350 awd , the rear tires , they gave 245 45
17 on rear tires and the front tires are 225 45 17. so how come in canada,
lexus give small wide tires on rear ? is it suppose to be 245 45 17, cause
is 3.5 L , more hp , and more torque. if its is 250 awd, i can tollerate
that matter cause its smaller engine. but this is is 350 awd, it suppossed
the tires in the rear are 245 45 17. im very dissapointed with lexus canada
who only give small wide tires compare with lexus USA.

and they said:
Thank you for your recent correspondence.

We would like to take this opportunity to explain that Lexus Canada and Lexus U.S.A. are separate business entities, as such, Lexus vehicles distributed in the US and Canada may not have identical equipment or meet the same regulatory requirements. And, when Lexus Canada considers equipment on Lexus vehicles for the Canadian market, we select certain options and features, on a model-by-model basis, that we believe are best suited for Canada's challenging climatic and driving conditions. ( its ALL BULL**** )

We hope this information has been helpful and thank you again for writing.

and i said :

Dear sir,
after i read the explanation from you, its didnt make any sense at all. its just only because of canadian weather and driving conditions. i cannot accept that. i mean why lexus usa give more wide tires 245 45 17 for all around usa? part of north america also have the same weather in canada too. i've been live in the states for 8 years with the same weather like canadian too,so i dont think thats a good explanation. i think its better i told this matter on all lexus forum cause it seem i got ripped off for buying lexus car in canada compare in the usa.:thumbdn:

ejn184 11-30-10 09:21 AM

yeah, but hey we have a life right? i have business to take care of and ****. but i mean at least they can give me the next day, not a week

Initial G 11-30-10 09:32 AM

If its just a front lip spoiler, you can do it yourself and not wait the week. Its pretty simple.

Its doubtful you were their only customer or appointment for the week. I know you want to get your lip installed ASAP but waiting a week isn't so bad. Try to make appointments next time. :)

iRock 11-30-10 09:36 AM

Hey they already have ur money lol y go out of there way to make u happy now lol... if they were smart they would be trying to take care of u so u can get ur car serviced there in the future... maybe u should ask them why it takes so long to get appt to install this spolier? I mean ill bet ya u can do this urself if its that important that it be done NOW. Look at there service dept is it packed? Maybe they have a lot of appt and cant accommodate u?

ejn184 11-30-10 09:36 AM

its not front lip spoiler, its OEM rear lip spoiler. but come on, before that they said it will takes a month and they can change just like that to a week. thats bull**** man. what kind of service like that?????

ejn184 11-30-10 09:42 AM

i cannot do it myself cause from the 500 dollar off , its already with installation. so its like a contract. and i cannot switch to other dealer to install the rear lip spoiler cause i bought the car from them. i already ask why take so long, they said cause its packed, lots of customer wants to be ready for winter blablablablabla........

MiiK350 11-30-10 09:42 AM

What made you research this issue that is bothering you so much AFTER you bought the car and not before? If it was that big a deal to you, you should have done your homework. I think you're actually very lucky, you get to rotate your tires!!! I think you might be overreacting a bit.

montgb 11-30-10 09:43 AM

How many threads are you going to start about this? :rolleyes:

No offense OP, but I think you're overreacting. If it was that big of a deal that the US gets slightly wider tires than the CN version, you should have negotiated different tires with the dealer before purchasing.

You should see all the neat things that JDM IS's get that we don't get.

ejn184 11-30-10 09:47 AM

yeah man, i guess i didnt do enough my homework, i should be more careful before bought the car. i just found out after i already get the car. :(

meangene 11-30-10 09:50 AM

You started doing your research a little late, but like the person above said at least you get to rotate your tires :)

iRock 11-30-10 10:15 AM

I thought that the AWD here in the states had same tire sizes also??? Maybe u were looking at a RWD when u got that info? Not sure since I've never looked into AWD but I've seen a few lol GL dude and jus breath in and out and everything will be ok.... I know u spent a bunch of money of ur car but umm its not a ferrari

jbjones85 11-30-10 10:16 AM

Also I THINK the AWD uses the same size tires all the way around. I thought the stagger setup was only on the RWD versions.

xianan87 11-30-10 10:26 AM

i still think they should just do it for you on the spot since you just purchased a brand new vehicle ... and it really does not take much time for the installation..