IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Lexus IS C owners and everyone, don't park like a douche

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-10, 12:33 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Synetix250
...or when tehy park in reverse when clearly you know they didn't need to...
huh? i dont understand this, at all our CL meets here its a rule to reverse into stalls.
Old 09-23-10, 01:14 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Honestly, I don't like it when cars take more than one spot too but nowadays everybody is so oblivious to their surroundings, you're sure to get dinged within a few months of getting your brand new car. It annoys me to see it but I'm not going to hold it against them for loving their car.
Old 09-23-10, 01:20 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Rising2010
Is it that serious?

It's not serious enough to be considered a crime, but it's definitely not respectable to park like that. We have parking lines for a reason and anyone with a valid driver license should at least follow the basic guidelines.
Old 09-23-10, 07:26 PM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I would try and get my beater car squeezed in between this douche and the next car :LOL
Old 09-23-10, 07:35 PM
quang
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 09-23-10, 08:30 PM
trixxx519
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Synetix250
ha, +1 on that. i hate when people do that. or when tehy park in reverse when clearly you know they didn't need to...
whats wrong with parking in reverse? its a lot easily getting out
Old 09-24-10, 02:06 AM
VF84
Pole Position

i thought two was bad enough ... i got yelled at by an old lady on the left for parking on the line because she did not see that the person who parked on the right was also on the line and had already left.

Originally Posted by s6 4rings
My best friend has a Rolls Royce Phantom, and we park it at WalMart next to ****box cars. he doesn't care.
on the other hand, when u drive a 100k+ car that isn't a collection piece to a parking lot, i don't think a few hundred to fix dings is gonna be a big a hit on the wallet.
Old 09-24-10, 07:30 AM
LexFather

Bottom line I understand we have nice cars and some may think its nicer than it really it but please don't legitimize some assumptions people have about Lexus owners by parking like a douchebag. It also is just impolite. You can easily park away from someone or find the ending parking space on the lot.

I do not ever wish harm on anyones car but you are asking for trouble parking like this.

This one pissed me off as there were no spots. Accord and Pilot are so gotdamn rare and valuable they need to double park.

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Can you PLEASE park in one spot Space was limited, thought I saw a spot, wham, not one but two dummies double parked

Lol...I think its a conspiracy

Last edited by LexFather; 09-24-10 at 07:41 AM.
Old 09-24-10, 08:29 AM
sirCharles
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Report it to security/police if it just bothers you on that day. Otherwise just inviting unneccessary rage when it will invariably happen and really just ones selfish ignorance. Even for a Lambo, just ignorant.
Old 09-24-10, 10:45 AM
MBTC
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The problem has a cheap solution. Just print out some labels on your PC printer that say "Double Parking Douchebag", but krazy glue it to the paint (not window).
Old 09-24-10, 10:51 AM
OPTiK
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MBTC
The problem has a cheap solution. Just print out some labels on your PC printer that say "Double Parking Douchebag", but krazy glue it to the paint (not window).
LOL. Evil. I saw a genesis today double parked like these pics.. It was semi crowded but I ended up driving father away since I can't leave my car parked next to other cars. Especially since I got a phantom ding recently that thankfully PDR got out.
Old 09-24-10, 10:54 AM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Maybe the driver is a pilot and treating his car like an airplane LOL! This is because airplane pilots follow center the lines or else they might end up getting their wings clipped!
Old 09-24-10, 11:04 AM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

there is one thing to think about thou:

some guy in a huge truck/suv/old person/asian woman/take your pic messes up the parking, forcing another person over the line, then the original douche leaves and all you see is car #2 parked messed up... i see this all the time here... then you come rolling up and see #2 and think 'what a douche'~
Old 09-24-10, 01:57 PM
Initial_K
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by MBTC
And then go to jail for vandalism. lol
Old 09-24-10, 02:42 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

The only time I can see double parking okay is when the lot is empty and you do it way in the back away from everyone. Or when the spaces are very compact and you do it way in the back. Otherwise, it's rude to take up spaces, especially when it's close to where others park or close to the entrance of a store. This is just pure laziness and selfishness- nothing more.
What's most humorous is those in this thread claiming to damage the vehicle if they were around. GMAB

Quick Reply: Lexus IS C owners and everyone, don't park like a douche