IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Quick Questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-10, 07:28 AM
zohakhan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick Questions

With winter almost upon us i had a few doubts which im hoping all the gurus here can help me out!

I recently bought a black 2010 is250 and unfortunately dont have covered parking in my apartments and since i live in boston, the winters here can get pretty bad. I have already waxed the car once and hope to get a few more layers in before it snows

1. Whats the best way to clean the snow of the car when it snows without damaging the paint, I was thinking of buying the sno brum any comments from people who may have it??

2. I have a car cover but its not water proof should i cover the car when it snows, but i dont like the idea of putting the car cover back in the trunk where the snow could melt and wet the trunk.

3. Off topic my windshield area makes a creaking sound whenever i go over a bump im still under warranty so if i take it to the dealer will they be able to fix it?

4. I have had my tires filled with nitrogen at the dealer and they replaced my valve caps with these nitro fill caps and im worried these will go through corrosion with the salt mush in winter and get stuck to the valves! Can i ask the dealer i want my original valve caps back?

Thanks in advance for all ur helpfull insight!!!

P.S. I have attached a pic of my car. Its stock but hopefully will get some mods done like wheels and tint once i save up some money.
Attached Thumbnails Quick Questions-hdr.jpg  
Old 09-21-10, 07:48 AM
theInfamuS
Driver School Candidate

I too recently purchased a 2010 OB IS250 and I'm in the same predicament. I live in the Boston area and don't have covered parking either. I have yet to wax my car although I do plan on doing so in the next few weeks, but come the snow what is the best way to clear off the car. Since we're talking about black cars and I've owned a couple in the past I know we are in for some clear coat damage and was wondering the best way to protect our cars for the winter.
Old 09-21-10, 07:52 AM
theInfamuS
Driver School Candidate

Also any tips on cleaning off the outlines of wet leaves that dried on a black car? They sort of look like tiny oil spills. I can post a pic when I get a chance. I got my car washed and it didn't remove them. I also used Meguiars spray wax, which is what I normally use in between waxings and that didn't help either.