IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Dumb girl backed up into my car.

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-10, 12:15 PM
PrincessK
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dumb girl backed up into my car.

I was leaving the school parking garage and this girl is backing out, so i stopped to let her back out, and is about to reverse quickly and i could tell so i quickly put my car in reverse not even knowing whether there was a car behind me or not, but luckily there wasn't. i tried to reverse so she wouldn't hit me, but she still hit me! the lady that witnessed this, her jaw dropped and she was like "seriously, that girl hit you and you were parked waiting for her!?" yeah..im pretty upset. and then we exchanged info and stuff and this is my first accident..and the girl hit my bumper, it's a scratch but should def be fixed because it's a lexus! and the officer said to not do it through insurance bc it'd raise both our insurances, so he didnt file it to insurance or any of that..but if she doesn't follow through to fixing it out of her own pocket money, to notify the officer and he will notify the insurance companies for us. so..now i get the estimate from lexus and toyota and the girl's mother is freaking out bc of the price, it's only 500 or 800, that's accurate for dealerships and she's lucky it wasnt more than that. and they are saying that it's a small scratch and wants us to let it go, and i do not want that. well, the girl said i was driving recklessly thats why she hit me, UH NO bc if i were driving recklessly, then the impact would've been BAD. dumb girl. and now her mom is saying i need to learn how to drive.. really? what the heck. And they told their insurance company that i am trying to make them pay for my entire car as in repaint and etc. and i said..really that's ridiculous..bc the payment that is estimated is nowhere near that crap, and it even says what they'd be fixing which is ONLY my bumper, that's what they hit. well..now..im dealing with her mother trying to fight against this, but i looked up some info and it says that in 99.9% of accidents, the person that backed up is at fault.. so i am hoping i can win this and they freaking fix this! sorry just need to vent about this to you guys! comfort me and help im so bummed.
Old 05-13-10, 12:22 PM
weenstan
Driver

If you have the witness's info and the officer's report you should be able to get out of this with some money, but it looks like the mother will make this as hard as possible so it looks like a lot of hassle. Good luck!
Old 05-13-10, 12:25 PM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 584 Likes on 403 Posts

Get the officer's report and give it to insurance. If she's at fault your insurance shouldn't go up.
Old 05-13-10, 12:26 PM
brociouz
Uber 1337 Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

You will win this. Your insurance rates shouldn't go up either since you're not at fault. Thankfully you have a witness because that makes all the difference in the world. Good luck!
Old 05-13-10, 12:37 PM
Lexucan
Lexucanafer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

More than likely the twit that was driving the other car lied to her mother about exactly what happened. Fortunately for you, it's not a case of her word against yours since you have a witness to corroborate your version of events. Tell them to man-up and take responsibility for being such a crappy driver!
Old 05-13-10, 02:03 PM
PrincessK
Driver School Candidate

awe thanks world, you guys are amazing! i will try to win this. go team lexus!
Old 05-13-10, 02:14 PM
djbugz
Pole Position

As long as you have the witness' info also, then you should be good.. If the $$ of deductible is the same as estimate, they should just pay out of pocket.. Again, just make sure you have witness info... and you'll be cool
Old 05-13-10, 02:56 PM
9relude8
Pole Position

was she hot?
Old 05-13-10, 03:26 PM
KWang
Pole Position

^ haha thats the most important thing .. but grats on your new bumper =)
Old 05-13-10, 04:30 PM
trixxx519
Lexus Test Driver

you can definitely win since you have a witness and the mother wasnt even there to begin with? so her mother's word wouldnt be any help
keep us updated
Old 05-13-10, 04:41 PM
shui3000
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol, tell the mom it's real simple. pay a small amount of $1000 to have the car fixed, or you will claim it with insurance, in which case they will pay a crap ton more than just $1000 in the long run because of this incident.

SHE is the one at fault and has NO room to argue. Get it into her fat head. Do not be frustrated, it's real simple.
Old 05-13-10, 04:47 PM
brociouz
Uber 1337 Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

My brother had an accident where he backed into someone in a parking lot. Even though the guy he ran into was going like 50 MPH, it was my brother's fault. It's kind of like with rear ending, unless you have a ton of evidence to the contrary, it's always the other person's fault. The fact that you have a witness is icing on the cake.
Old 05-13-10, 04:52 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Best of luck.
Old 05-17-10, 07:34 PM
PrincessK
Driver School Candidate

thanks, i'm not sure what is going on yet, the officer cannot reach the lady, BUT we do have her insurance info and etc. thanks thanks thanks..
Old 05-18-10, 04:48 AM
k2sty1
Pole Position

im pretty sure YOUR insurance wont go up, but her's definatley will

she obviously told her mum a different story and she believes its ur fault, but they need to man the ef up and just pay up

plus, with your witness, it'll be easier to win!!

oh, and was she hot?

lol, ;P

Quick Reply: Dumb girl backed up into my car.