IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

New IS250 awd Owner!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-10, 09:23 PM
mas3423
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BinaryJay
Interesting, why did you go from the TL to an IS, wouldn't the GS AWD have been more of a direct trade up (size wise, etc?)
yes you are correct. i initially went into lexus asking for a is350 awd, to find out they don't make such a thing. once we started talking numbers for the gs350 awd, i quickly changed my mind. the car is 80 horsepower less, but still is quick for and has torque for a 2.5 v6. gotta take the good with the bad, especially since this is a brand new 2010 fully loaded.
Old 01-18-10, 09:53 PM
IS250TW
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mas3423
yea i got quoted 6 hours of labor @ $110/hr. They said there gonna give me a call back tomorrow and see if that can work something out, because that is just too damn expensive for $250 springs.
well last week i got the quote from the dealer near me
the springs + install + alignment =$850
imo it's pretty cheap for a dealer....
another dealer quoted me for 1324.66.....

but not going to do that until the money passed my budget...
Old 01-19-10, 06:10 AM
BinaryJay

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

yes you are correct. i initially went into lexus asking for a is350 awd, to find out they don't make such a thing. once we started talking numbers for the gs350 awd, i quickly changed my mind. the car is 80 horsepower less, but still is quick for and has torque for a 2.5 v6. gotta take the good with the bad, especially since this is a brand new 2010 fully loaded.
I wasn't really talking about the engine power, I mean, the TL is a larger car than the IS isn't it? To tell you the truth I would have probably been happy with an IS250 AWD if it wasn't for the fact that the IS are pretty cramped inside and the whole point for me was to find a car that getting a baby seat and kids in and out of was going to be easier. I don't know how the headroom is in the IS (I kind of took one look at the rear seats and didn't bother) but I was surprised at how little headroom I have in the GS and I'm only 6 feet tall.

I guess the TL was more car than you needed, or my ideas about how big the TL was back then is seriously skewed.
Old 01-19-10, 09:24 PM
mas3423
Driver

Originally Posted by IS250TW
well last week i got the quote from the dealer near me
the springs + install + alignment =$850
imo it's pretty cheap for a dealer....
another dealer quoted me for 1324.66.....

but not going to do that until the money passed my budget...
I actually got a great deal. They gave me a call back today and said it would be $802 after tax. Thats for springs and install, not too sure about alignment. The best part is since i just bought this car i got a coupon book with a coupon in it for 15% off any accessories. So the new price should be $681. Not so bad after all. Especially to keep all factory warrentys. Hopefully they will be installed tomorrow if all goes well. Ill keep you posted.
Old 01-19-10, 09:29 PM
mas3423
Driver

Originally Posted by BinaryJay
I wasn't really talking about the engine power, I mean, the TL is a larger car than the IS isn't it? To tell you the truth I would have probably been happy with an IS250 AWD if it wasn't for the fact that the IS are pretty cramped inside and the whole point for me was to find a car that getting a baby seat and kids in and out of was going to be easier. I don't know how the headroom is in the IS (I kind of took one look at the rear seats and didn't bother) but I was surprised at how little headroom I have in the GS and I'm only 6 feet tall.

I guess the TL was more car than you needed, or my ideas about how big the TL was back then is seriously skewed.
I would say the interior is definitely a little smaller inside then the TL. Not too bad though. Head room really isn't a concern for me as im only 5'9, but the only thing that does annoy me is the driver side seat seems really uncomfortable. After doing a little research im not the only one complaining about this issue too. Its like the bottom of the seat is just way too firm and seems narrow. Supposedly they will wear in a little bit, or atleast lets hope! Any issues with your GS?
Old 01-19-10, 09:34 PM
telmz1
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I actually got a great deal. They gave me a call back today and said it would be $802 after tax. Thats for springs and install, not too sure about alignment. The best part is since i just bought this car i got a coupon book with a coupon in it for 15% off any accessories. So the new price should be $681. Not so bad after all. Especially to keep all factory warrentys. Hopefully they will be installed tomorrow if all goes well. Ill keep you posted.
They make F sport springs for the IS250 AWD?
Old 01-19-10, 09:42 PM
mas3423
Driver

Originally Posted by telmz1
They make F sport springs for the IS250 AWD?
yes they do. lets see how everything comes out tomorrow.
Old 01-19-10, 09:50 PM
IS250TW
Lead Lap

wow that's good for a dealer price
Which dealer do you go to?
Old 01-20-10, 06:26 AM
BinaryJay

I would say the interior is definitely a little smaller inside then the TL. Not too bad though. Head room really isn't a concern for me as im only 5'9, but the only thing that does annoy me is the driver side seat seems really uncomfortable. After doing a little research im not the only one complaining about this issue too. Its like the bottom of the seat is just way too firm and seems narrow. Supposedly they will wear in a little bit, or atleast lets hope! Any issues with your GS?
With seat comfort? None. The seats adjust in 10 or 12 different directions automatically depending on the smart key used so normally it's my fault for not setting it how I like it. Haven't had any issues with "hardness" or anything, if anything I could probably stand to gain 50 pounds or so to fill the seat width in better. The fact that the seat has variable ventilation and heat is nice.

I originally was thinking about looking at the IS but when I actually saw one parked up close in person it just looked like it would be too small, if not for me to squeeze into, but for getting things like child seats in and out of or giving other adults rides in. Maybe I'm wrong, I didn't even drive one and perhaps I should have. From the outside looking in, the interior room looked even less than my Matrix.
Old 01-20-10, 04:13 PM
mas3423
Driver

wow that's good for a dealer price
Which dealer do you go to?
I go to Ray Catena of Ocean, NJ. Yea $681 was a great price, thanks to the 15% off coupon.
Old 01-20-10, 04:16 PM
mas3423
Driver

Just picked up the car before and I must say it looks great. Its just the right amount of drop with still looking classy. Fills in the wheel gap real nicely with the new 18" ISP mode wheels. As far as ride quality, it definitely feels a little stiffer and more noticable when going over bumps. Ill get some pics of before and after as soon as possible. Tomorrow she's going in for tint!
Old 01-20-10, 08:16 PM
mas3423
Driver

Heres a few before and after pictures. I'm gonna take a bunch more once the car is done being tinted and with the roof spoiler and new HIDs.

Before F Sport Springs

After F Sport Springs

Last edited by mas3423; 01-20-10 at 08:21 PM.
Old 01-20-10, 08:24 PM
BinaryJay

Heres a few before and after pictures. I'm gonna take a bunch more once the car is done being tinted and with the roof spoiler and new HIDs.

Before F Sport Springs

After F Sport Springs
Looks nearly the same to me, but I'm no drop fanatic. By the way, nice looking wheels, I have the same ready to put on my GS in the spring. Most people in the GS forum don't really care for them but I think they look pretty class for $250 wheels.
Old 01-20-10, 08:25 PM
IS250TW
Lead Lap

That's some nice drop
any "noise" after installing the springs??
Old 01-20-10, 08:31 PM
mas3423
Driver

That's some nice drop
any "noise" after installing the springs??
Its hard to tell when driving with music on, but for the 5 minutes I drove in silence to try to listen for anything, no foreign noises heard yet. Im very satisfied for factory warranted lowering springs. I just wish I could find a nice front lip kit now for the 2010.

Quick Reply: New IS250 awd Owner!!!