sandwiches
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great choice! Enjoy it!
Old 12-25-09, 11:31 AM
gotis1000
Rookie

you asked about playing internet radio (i assume pandora). Dont have an Iphone but I'll tell you what I can do with my Droid.. (by the way, do you seriously have a good enough connection with ATT to do internet radio while driving, my friends always drop calls while calling me to speak nothing of the 3g service.. guess it depends on the town).

Anyway, there's 2 ways I connect with my Droid audio capabilities... you can use a speaker cable to the aux input.. then on the dash select aux and basically the speakers are now an extension of your phone.. do whatever you want, if it played on your phone it will play on your speakers... you can use an Iphone, Droid, or heck even an old walkman if you wanted.. anything with an audio signal.

The cooler way but probably with less fidelity is hooking up with bluetooth. When I picked up my car, my dealer took my phone and showed me how to connect it for phone functionality... the functionality is flawless I have to say... I was once on a call, got in my car, turned it on, all while talking.. and within 1 second of the car turning on it seamlessly switched to hands free.

However, you still need to hook up a bluetooth connection for media separately. It's pretty easy to figure out, I did it while driving without a manual. Now, if I want to play pandora or my phones native music player, heck even youtube, the navigation system, or whatever, it seamlessly transitions wirelessly to the speakers. Very cool.
Old 12-25-09, 01:32 PM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by C-man jr
Took another look at the pictures, where are your sport pedals?
Was it supposed to come with sport pedals?
Old 12-25-09, 01:34 PM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Matt752
hi congrats on the new ride it looks sick. and yeah i have an iphone and you can play anything. i use pandora and iheartradio all the time and it works fine. even youtube will play through the speakers. peace.
Not sure what I am doing wrong but it's not working for me. When I turn on pandora then hook the Iphone up via USB cable all it says is that it cannot find any files for playback. Not sure what I am doing wrong.
Old 12-25-09, 01:37 PM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by MrBooby
Are you gonna get rid of the hideous pin stripe?
I know I hate them too but unfortunately the wife loves them so I am gonna have to work on convincing her to get them taken off.
Old 12-26-09, 05:31 PM
BounceNY
Lexus Test Driver

To OP, nice car & congrats. Regarding the internet radio via iPhone, Droid, other phones, you should be connecting using the AUX INPUT (its a headphone type jack) or bluetooth as someone mentioned but not the USB cable. Not sure how the USB cable works in the MY2010 but I would assume if anything it would only play 'saved mp3' files on the device connected.
Old 12-26-09, 05:31 PM
BounceNY
Lexus Test Driver

oh forgot, you may need to buy this cord for the AUX IN, unless you have one laying around at home.
Old 12-26-09, 07:22 PM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by BounceNY
To OP, nice car & congrats. Regarding the internet radio via iPhone, Droid, other phones, you should be connecting using the AUX INPUT (its a headphone type jack) or bluetooth as someone mentioned but not the USB cable. Not sure how the USB cable works in the MY2010 but I would assume if anything it would only play 'saved mp3' files on the device connected.
Ok gotcha. Will have to go out and buy one.
Old 12-27-09, 04:05 AM
LEXtegra
Driver

Congratulations. And excellent color choice
Old 12-27-09, 04:17 AM
C-man jr
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Diesel350
Was it supposed to come with sport pedals?
I'm not sure if it's supposed to have them, but I think the car needs them
Old 12-27-09, 08:41 AM
MIA IS250
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to CL, excellent color choice if i do say so myself!!!
Old 01-01-10, 11:36 AM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Just got the windows tinted at 15% all around.

Old 01-02-10, 06:32 AM
bills350c
Driver School Candidate

Congratulations on your new ride!

You probably know this but just in case you don't--

Every state has laws regarding how dark auto window tint may be for safety reasons. The law is always specified as a percentage of VLT (visible light transmitted through the glass, often referred to as NET, i.e., film plus glass measurement.) NO state allows for the tinting of windshields.

Your tint, "15% all around" will meter (measure) NET around 9%. GA state law forbids tinting below 32% VLT NET plus or minus 3% on sides and back. So you are not even close to compliance, unfortunately. GA does allow exemptions to this law for medical reasons.

If you tinted your widshield, you are virtually guaranteed to be stopped. W/O windshield tint, IMHO there is a probability that you will be stopped and cited. If you are lucky, you'll get a "fix it" citation (remove or else). Additionally, your car will not pass whatever GA's inspection laws are. Film comes off much easier when freshly applied.

This post is meant to inform, not criticize. I've not, never have been, in the tint business or law enforcement.
Old 01-02-10, 08:32 AM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bills350c
Congratulations on your new ride!

You probably know this but just in case you don't--

Every state has laws regarding how dark auto window tint may be for safety reasons. The law is always specified as a percentage of VLT (visible light transmitted through the glass, often referred to as NET, i.e., film plus glass measurement.) NO state allows for the tinting of windshields.

Your tint, "15% all around" will meter (measure) NET around 9%. GA state law forbids tinting below 32% VLT NET plus or minus 3% on sides and back. So you are not even close to compliance, unfortunately. GA does allow exemptions to this law for medical reasons.

If you tinted your widshield, you are virtually guaranteed to be stopped. W/O windshield tint, IMHO there is a probability that you will be stopped and cited. If you are lucky, you'll get a "fix it" citation (remove or else). Additionally, your car will not pass whatever GA's inspection laws are. Film comes off much easier when freshly applied.

This post is meant to inform, not criticize. I've not, never have been, in the tint business or law enforcement.
No problem, thanks for the heads up but I actually moved to Florida. I just forgot to change my status.
Old 01-02-10, 08:59 AM
spicaly
Driver

looks nice, congrats

Quick Reply: New Owner- 2010 IS250 StarFire Pearl