Print Wikipost

FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-11, 07:22 AM
CLT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by B16da9
Hopefully this will work on yours as it did on mine. I was told the feature was disabled but I got it to work with the method below after playing with my unit for some time.

Main menu >>> set up>>> once on that screen tap and hold on the gear next to "set up" for 8 seconds>>> depress and push the menu button. The Lexus log is on the 3rd page if i remember correctly.
B16da9

I'm sorry but that command no longer is the way to change the logo. We as FlyAudio can no longer change the logo to any of the OEM manufactures logos. This is why on the Startup image you will see the FlyAudio logo.
Old 08-02-11, 08:19 AM
Wojk
Driver School Candidate

Hey guy's I'm new to this forum and to be honest I only signed up to find this answer!

I just bought a 2010 IS250 and I'm absolutely in love with the car. The only thing that I feel I'm missing out on is NAV/BACKUP cam.

Let me start by saying I'm not mechanically inclined on installing things like this. Is this still the best NAV/backup cam unit out there? And will anyone like, lets say, best buy install this? Or maybe even the Lexus dealership?

Also does this void warranty?

Thanks in advance!
Old 08-02-11, 09:37 AM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Wojk
Hey guy's I'm new to this forum and to be honest I only signed up to find this answer!

I just bought a 2010 IS250 and I'm absolutely in love with the car. The only thing that I feel I'm missing out on is NAV/BACKUP cam.

Let me start by saying I'm not mechanically inclined on installing things like this. Is this still the best NAV/backup cam unit out there? And will anyone like, lets say, best buy install this? Or maybe even the Lexus dealership?

Also does this void warranty?

Thanks in advance!
I'd say this is the only real OEM looking nav/camera option. The 2nd gen has ipod search capabilities. It is just plug and play in the rear. No modifications needed. Best Buy or any stereo shop can install. DO NOT go to the STEALership! I don't think this would void the warranty unless they can prove the unit caused whatever damage. Jump in in the group buy and you'll be happy. I'd suggest getting the rear view camera from eBay cause it looks OEM. I did that as well as other members. It's like $25.
Old 08-02-11, 10:20 AM
B16da9
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Sffd103
I'd say this is the only real OEM looking nav/camera option. The 2nd gen has ipod search capabilities. It is just plug and play in the rear. No modifications needed. Best Buy or any stereo shop can install. DO NOT go to the STEALership! I don't think this would void the warranty unless they can prove the unit caused whatever damage. Jump in in the group buy and you'll be happy. I'd suggest getting the rear view camera from eBay cause it looks OEM. I did that as well as other members. It's like $25.
I would not sugest BestBuy as they are just as bad as the stealership. Honestly installing this is cake as it's basically plug and play.

The most consumming part is taking apart the center console and the rest is cake.

I personaly installed mine in an hour and a half and thats because I chose to take the back seats out to run the wires to the rear view camera really well hidden.

Originally Posted by CLT
B16da9

I'm sorry but that command no longer is the way to change the logo. We as FlyAudio can no longer change the logo to any of the OEM manufactures logos. This is why on the Startup image you will see the FlyAudio logo.
The company that I bought mine from also told me it was no longer an option but it was still possible.
Old 08-02-11, 10:45 AM
CLT
Former Sponsor

Attention CL members:

I would like to thank all that have made their purchases of FlyAudio's second generation units. I just got a call from the main office that we only have 15 units left on hand. Once these are gone we will not have new inventory till Mid September
Old 08-02-11, 11:53 AM
giangy11
Driver School Candidate

is there a way to put 2nd generation bios-firmware on 1st generation unit?
Old 08-02-11, 01:23 PM
CLT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by giangy11
giangy11

No there is not, If this is done it will lock the unit. And once the unit is locked there is no way to recover it.

So for does out there that are thinking of doing this please don't you will ruin your unit! FlyAudio took some safeguards when writing the new software.
Old 08-02-11, 01:23 PM
CLT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by giangy11
giangy11

No there is not, If this is done it will lock the unit. And once the unit is locked there is no way to recover it.

So for people out there that are thinking of doing this please don't you will ruin your unit! FlyAudio took some safeguards when writing the new software.
Old 08-02-11, 04:23 PM
NimaM
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm so tempted to order this thing!
Ok, I'll do it! Wife blessed me!
Old 08-02-11, 04:35 PM
NimaM
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, I just ordered mine!
Can't wait until I get it!

I'm in Seattle area. Anybody else in Seattle area ordered it recently? I would like to use your experience for installation.
Old 08-03-11, 01:17 AM
kjpadilla8
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Sffd103
When you get a chance, can you post a video of the iGo maps? I want to see what the rave is about. Thanks.
Here you go... this is with iGo Primo. Sorry about the shakeyness. I think the 3d building maps work more within city areas than suburbs, which I haven't tried yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8fJa5hnEtY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWzb3ua04Sk
Old 08-03-11, 01:17 AM
kjpadilla8
Driver School Candidate

You can also set a Delorean from the vehicle gallery instead of that arrow.
Old 08-03-11, 04:50 AM
CLT
Former Sponsor

All PMs answered, only 11 units left in Stock
Old 08-03-11, 07:54 AM
giangy11
Driver School Candidate

can someone show me the hardware specifications of this new unit?

what differences with the previous one?

also, has it got rds fm support?
Old 08-03-11, 11:45 AM
kjpadilla8
Driver School Candidate

For those that are also interested in what the securitycamera2000.com camera itself looks like on the car... here you go. Looks similar to OEM! It's hard to see in the pic because my car is black.

One of the stereoshops I initially went to suggested a camera that's attached to the license plate... *yuck*, and some other camera that uses adhesive... no way. Then another stereoshop suggested some camera that looked similar but a little bigger, and tried to charge me $195 for it when I found it for $70 online!

Quick Reply: FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350