Browse all: Interior
Print Wikipost

FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-12, 04:19 PM
fitguy913
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone have any problems with their GPS acquiring the satellite signal? My navigation will fail to acquire a signal after my car has sat overnight sometimes and it'll take a day or two for it to start working properly. What gives? I have a Gen2 Flyaudio unit with the newest bios (did it on the old bios also). Problem occurs with both iGO Primo AND Odyssey. Ugh!
Old 08-02-12, 11:49 PM
RDUSB
Driver School Candidate

^^^^^ What other current problems are with this unit ?
Old 08-03-12, 10:39 AM
CLT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by RDUSB
^^^^^ What other current problems are with this unit ?
RDUSB

All the know issues have been resolved with both software and hardware corrections.
Old 08-03-12, 10:40 AM
CLT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by fitguy913
Does anyone have any problems with their GPS acquiring the satellite signal? My navigation will fail to acquire a signal after my car has sat overnight sometimes and it'll take a day or two for it to start working properly. What gives? I have a Gen2 Flyaudio unit with the newest bios (did it on the old bios also). Problem occurs with both iGO Primo AND Odyssey. Ugh!
fitguy913

Contact me and I'll see if I can help you out.
Old 08-03-12, 05:36 PM
Patrickx11
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sir_ian80
alot of us here uses this camera, its a decent camera for the price and its super slim

http://www.securitycamera2000.com/pr...ew-Camera.html

if you scroll back to page 61, someone posted a picture of their trunk lid with the camera installed, just to give you an idea how slim this camera is...
Here is a photo of the cameras I have been looking at. I checked out your camera. I looks really nice. Been browsing the forums for camera photos. I'm considering that one but wish the video quality was equal to the flyaudio or OEM camera.

I've been finding these license plate cameras all over the Internet but they are all from unknown websites from China, Hong Kong, or Ukraine.I'm still apprehensive about drilling into my trunk. I'd like to know I can easily reverse to stock if I wanted to.
Old 08-06-12, 04:55 PM
NimaM
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has anyone experienced problems with their second gen FlyAudio units randomly stop reading USB thumb-drives?
Old 08-06-12, 05:26 PM
xpionage2
Rookie

I'm so close to upgrading my stock stereo on my 2011 to this, but I have a few questions:
1.) Will this void factory warranty?
2.) Will my talk command on the steering wheel work for flyaudio? IE, making calls, dialing, various set ups?
3.) Can I use my existing microphone or will I have to replace with flyaudio's?

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-06-12, 08:53 PM
linus73
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by xpionage2
I'm so close to upgrading my stock stereo on my 2011 to this, but I have a few questions:
1.) Will this void factory warranty?
2.) Will my talk command on the steering wheel work for flyaudio? IE, making calls, dialing, various set ups?
3.) Can I use my existing microphone or will I have to replace with flyaudio's?

Thanks in advance.
it should not viod the warranty as it is all plug and play.

talk command is a no go, mode button will work though and volume up/down. no voice commands or bluetooth commands from wheel.

you will have to use the fly audio mic.

and as far as all known issues bieng resolved and fixed is a bunch of B.S.
i bought a 2nd gen unit new and have updated bios as well, there i still many issues that need fixing. if i were you i would buy the cheaper unit from alibaba because it will work exactly the same as a $1299 flyaudio unit and only cost $480 plus shipping.
Old 08-06-12, 08:59 PM
linus73
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by NimaM
Has anyone experienced problems with their second gen FlyAudio units randomly stop reading USB thumb-drives?
yes! i have. and my 2nd gen unit is updated to current bios and the unit will not read mp3 files on the sd card. radio switches from sources by itself, usb takes forever to load and recognize files. unit also freezes up at times. not worth the $1299 at all. not even worth $600 . it is a pos unit at this point. someone needs to make a better unit that works flawlessly and cost less than $800
im so furrious with this unit that im contacting flyaudio directly and sending this crap back , and either they fix it or send me a new one.

here is what flyaudio claims:

R&D group
FLYAUDIO has over 60 experienced R&D and technical engineers. The R&D groups, including electronic, mechanical, software, and design department etc. focus on product creation and quality improvement.

me: 60 r&d? then why cant they still get this pos unit to work correctly? or is it just.... well it works close to 90% correct and they will buy it anyway, so lets just start to market it already.
and where is the improvements? a bios update? for real? like that solved anything! how about re designing a whole new unit that actually works the first time and has no issues at all and give the people who bought one a partial credit back in exchange for a new one.

Last edited by linus73; 08-06-12 at 09:20 PM.
Old 08-06-12, 09:18 PM
xpionage2
Rookie

^ hey linus73, thanks for your feedback.
Looks like I should pick up 2012MY LED headlamps instead...
Dang. Does anyone have a consistent positive experience?
Old 08-06-12, 09:34 PM
CoderDan
Driver School Candidate

Just a thought here, if you own a smartphone you can get way more functionality out of that using a bluetooth receiver that plugs into your aux port and a Kuda mount than you can ever get from Flyaudio or the other cheaper unit.

This is the one I use: http://www.belkin.com/IWCatProductPa...duct_Id=525857. I have the big button glued onto the cup holder lid and I just close the center console lid over the cable leading to it.
Old 08-06-12, 09:35 PM
linus73
Lead Lap

^ hey linus73, thanks for your feedback.
Looks like I should pick up 2012MY LED headlamps instead...
Dang. Does anyone have a consistent positive experience?
smart choice! and if you must get a flyaudio unit then get the cheaper version by all means.
flyaudio shoud be ashamed of producing such a pos unit and charging the outrageous amount of money and still claiming all the issues has been fixed! ALL OF THE ISSUES HAS NOT BEEN FIXED. i cant see why vendors are still supporting this junk knowing it has issues that still need addressing and have not been able to find a permanent fix for, unless the markup is huge of course then i can understand. at least the cheaper unit on alibaba is only $480 and it most likely will have issues as well , just not a $1299 issue.

here is a link for the product im talking about.

http://szlsqstar.en.alibaba.com/prod...l_control.html

and a link to another thread where it is bieng tested by others. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ufacturer.html

Last edited by linus73; 08-06-12 at 09:40 PM.
Old 08-06-12, 09:46 PM
NimaM
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by linus73
yes! i have. and my 2nd gen unit is updated to current bios and the unit will not read mp3 files on the sd card. radio switches from sources by itself, usb takes forever to load and recognize files. unit also freezes up at times. not worth the $1299 at all. not even worth $600 . it is a pos unit at this point. someone needs to make a better unit that works flawlessly and cost less than $800
im so furrious with this unit that im contacting flyaudio directly and sending this crap back , and either they fix it or send me a new one.

here is what flyaudio claims:

R&D group
FLYAUDIO has over 60 experienced R&D and technical engineers. The R&D groups, including electronic, mechanical, software, and design department etc. focus on product creation and quality improvement.

me: 60 r&d? then why cant they still get this pos unit to work correctly? or is it just.... well it works close to 90% correct and they will buy it anyway, so lets just start to market it already.
and where is the improvements? a bios update? for real? like that solved anything! how about re designing a whole new unit that actually works the first time and has no issues at all and give the people who bought one a partial credit back in exchange for a new one.
I haven't tried mp3s on SD, but I have been experiencing similar problems including switching sources. But, my worst problem now is USB port not recognizing any thumb drives.

Last edited by NimaM; 08-06-12 at 09:49 PM.
Old 08-06-12, 10:43 PM
xpionage2
Rookie

Originally Posted by linus73

here is a link for the product im talking about.

http://szlsqstar.en.alibaba.com/prod...l_control.html

and a link to another thread where it is bieng tested by others. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ufacturer.html
Hey thanks for the read! Now I'm considering the alternative, it's like half the cost!
Old 08-06-12, 10:58 PM
linus73
Lead Lap

Hey thanks for the read! Now I'm considering the alternative, it's like half the cost!
like half the price? the flyaudio unit can be found for $1299 from clt here on the forums. this new unit is $480 . its more closer to 2x less than fly unit. i say just get it and and do it already the headlights can wait and you are gonna get more direct use out of the new dvd unit than the headlight upgrade for sure! GL to you. fly audio will have no choice now to either match the price or build a new unit with more features like wifi and internet access, and of course it has to work perfectly. but from seeing as how the first unit went and the 60 R&D guys who came up with it failed to get it correct even to this day, i doubt they will do anything at all. no sales = lower price sooner or later, just sit back and see what i mean.

Quick Reply: FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350