Hi everyone, new member here.

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-09, 04:05 PM
pewterss
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Hi everyone, new member here.

Hey people,
What's going on, I have my 2007 IS250 (got it new), leased it but love it so much I think I am just going to buy it out in the next 4 months when its over.
Now this week I saw another IS250 next to me and it sounded sick. Don't know what exhaust it had but it was amazing. So I went on a search looking for exhausts and found this site.... perfect.

So I think I am going to want a new exhaust, and rims for my ride. I have a black sapphire blue 07, and saw a black IS with wild dark goldish tims on here that I loved. I think they were 19" hays ????? Not sure how that is gonna help me but the search is on.

I would post pics of my ride but it is stock, so eh... no sense.
One question for you guys, is there a site that everyone loves, and buys from ?
I know I have searched tirerack.com and wasn't too pleased. Found a few companies on here that seem interesting but I fig. I would ask you guys who have wheels, exhaust work...etc.

Well talk soon, and thanks in advance, later everyone.
Old 08-15-09, 10:56 PM
gemini1
FNM President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to CL.
http://www.l-tunedparts.com/index.php
http://www.sewellpartsonline.com/
Old 08-15-09, 11:05 PM
Wisdom
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check the Vendor Marketplace... CL members are always well taken care of.
Old 08-15-09, 11:32 PM
Lexasaurus
Lexus Test Driver

Welcome to CL!
Old 08-16-09, 12:55 AM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Welcome to CL!!!

For tires... I actually love tirerack...

But yes, as gemini1 said, http://www.l-tunedparts.com/index.php and
http://www.sewellpartsonline.com are the 2 best sites for buying stuff.
Old 08-16-09, 01:31 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Welcome to CL.
Old 08-16-09, 05:16 AM
GS3T
Lead Lap

Welcome to CL
Old 08-16-09, 05:58 AM
EJC
Instructor

Received 87 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by pewterss
Hey people,
What's going on, I have my 2007 IS250 (got it new), leased it but love it so much I think I am just going to buy it out in the next 4 months when its over.
Now this week I saw another IS250 next to me and it sounded sick. Don't know what exhaust it had but it was amazing. So I went on a search looking for exhausts and found this site.... perfect.

So I think I am going to want a new exhaust, and rims for my ride. I have a black sapphire blue 07, and saw a black IS with wild dark goldish tims on here that I loved. I think they were 19" hays ????? Not sure how that is gonna help me but the search is on.

I would post pics of my ride but it is stock, so eh... no sense.
One question for you guys, is there a site that everyone loves, and buys from ?
I know I have searched tirerack.com and wasn't too pleased. Found a few companies on here that seem interesting but I fig. I would ask you guys who have wheels, exhaust work...etc.

Well talk soon, and thanks in advance, later everyone.
You might want to check pricing on a new one first. I always think I'm going to by out my lease and so far a newer ride always won.

If you do the wheels, remember you need the TPMS and if you get new ones the dealer will have to register them. I would suggest, since you're in NY, get new ones w/ new sensors and put snows (all 4 corners) on your old rims. The AWD (is yours, you didn't say) is great in the snow. The car can register 2 sets of wheels.
Old 08-16-09, 06:10 AM
pewterss
Driver

Thanks everybody, and gemini1 thank you for the links. As for the vendor marketplace, I am sure I will find it, haha. I actually haven't seen it yet other than the company banners that are on top and right hand side of each page. Which I have been clicking on...

Tirerack is awesome for tires. I actually blew one of my rear tires and bought a Kumho from them for like $110. The tire had all ratings above 8.5's which was like 100 times better than the stock junk it had on there.
Old 08-16-09, 06:15 AM
pewterss
Driver

Originally Posted by EJC
You might want to check pricing on a new one first. I always think I'm going to by out my lease and so far a newer ride always won.

If you do the wheels, remember you need the TPMS and if you get new ones the dealer will have to register them. I would suggest, since you're in NY, get new ones w/ new sensors and put snows (all 4 corners) on your old rims. The AWD (is yours, you didn't say) is great in the snow. The car can register 2 sets of wheels.
Sup EJC,
It's funny you brought that up, I comtemplated buying a new one but figured since I put in all the money for 3 years the car is ovbvisouly cheaper now. It i hopped into a new ride I'm looking at another 3 years.

Then I'm thinking yeah and so what, I'll have a brand new spanking ride again. And at least this time I could possibly check out the ISC in White.
My friend actually works at Lexus so when the car is needed of repair, I usually have him take it for a few days.

Question, what did you mean I have to have the dealer register the new wheels... I mean I could ask my friend eventually but you got me all interested. I am assuming this has something to so with the pressure monitoring system ?..maybe..
Old 08-16-09, 06:29 AM
EJC
Instructor

Received 87 Likes on 61 Posts

You're looking at the numbers wrong.
You have nothing in this vehicles, unless you're over mileage.

You will find that at 3 yrs the buy out price is around RETAIL for the 3yr old vehicle.
That means if you were trading it in the next day you'll lose money.
You are also buying a car with only 1 yr left on the warranty. I might be worth seeing if you can do a deal with the dealer pay a bit more and have the car certified for another 3yr warranty.

If you're looking to do mods you have a different situation.

Interest rates are low. I just moved from an SC430 to a Porsche Boxster for 1.9% financing 2 weeks ago! I was leasing the SC, Porsche bought out my lease (a year to go) and everyone was happy.

As to the TPMS registration, the car will not see the NEW sensors until the dealer registers them on the computer.

Old 08-16-09, 06:42 AM
pewterss
Driver

Originally Posted by EJC
You're looking at the numbers wrong.
You have nothing in this vehicles, unless you're over mileage.

You will find that at 3 yrs the buy out price is around RETAIL for the 3yr old vehicle.
That means if you were trading it in the next day you'll lose money.
You are also buying a car with only 1 yr left on the warranty. I might be worth seeing if you can do a deal with the dealer pay a bit more and have the car certified for another 3yr warranty.

If you're looking to do mods you have a different situation.

Interest rates are low. I just moved from an SC430 to a Porsche Boxster for 1.9% financing 2 weeks ago! I was leasing the SC, Porsche bought out my lease (a year to go) and everyone was happy.

As to the TPMS registration, the car will not see the NEW sensors until the dealer registers them on the computer.

You know I have discussed this with several people and each one hasn't come back with how you have. Interesting way of looking at it, but you are right if I was to sell it I would lose money. How much?, dont know.
Well I can say this, if I was going to get a new IS, I would buy it this time around.

As for modding, just want a nice sound exhaust, and wheels. 'maybe an intake' Would like to go up from 206HP. My other car has 420HP its a beast compared to the IS, but the IS is a whooole different class of car

BTW, Your porsche its looking real good, congrats on it.
Old 08-16-09, 07:31 AM
pewterss
Driver

These are early pics of my car. I have added the factory spoiler and 30% tints.

Here is my other ride:

Old 08-16-09, 07:34 AM
Isblue
Pole Position

Welcome to CL!!
Old 08-16-09, 11:07 AM
trixxx519
Lexus Test Driver

WL, im new too

Quick Reply: Hi everyone, new member here.