IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

planning to sell my car

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-09, 11:32 PM
kargahi
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation planning to sell my car

so i've had my car for almost 2 years and its a good car .... but lets be honest. i was so dumb that I didnt buy the IS350 and got a IS250... so to be honest.. its not fast.. i lost to a civic SI from 2002 the other day and it doesnt really satisfy any speeding needs... and in winter.. i live in canada... we have snow like there is no tomorrow, so the REAR WHEEL DRIVE concept is not really helping... even with big HUGE winter tires... so after thinking about this issue inside and out i came up with a conclusion that i need to change my car...

i bought a Mazda CX-7 for winter and daily driving.. its okey on gas and its roomy and comfortable and havent seen the performance in winter time but it should be better than the IS250...

and this is the sexcii part... for summer... which is right now... im trying to buy a T-rex Campagna.. but its really hard to get my hands on one... so its been a challenge... and its not that reliable... but then again.. there is not that much in that thing.. there is a body, engine and 3 tires... oh plus 2 seats... lol ... but its sexciiiiiii and its fast... i rented one for a weekend... and it killed... like sufficated my friend's SL63...

however.. im gonna miss my lexi... and so many memories with that car... however... THE PROBLEM IS that i cant get a T-rex till almost next summer.. apprently there is a waiting list and stuff... so im stuck with my IS till end of summer... which kinda comes up to a good conclusion that i should just wait till next summer to buy one... but it just feels like eternity...

anyways...
any opinion toward this matter would be appriciated... and if you have ever driven one... let me know about ur experience and stuf...
Old 07-04-09, 12:02 AM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

hmm... what about keeping the 250 for winter? Because the 250 gets pretty good gas milage (19 city... 29 highway), which im pretty sure is better than the CX... and a 250 with a Blizzaks winter set-up should be fine for winter ... Ive seen people drive higher HP RWD cars up there in canada

and the T-Rex sounds fun for the summer

So unless you need a SUV for hauling stuff around (Which I totally understand, because the ISX50 trunk is OK ... but not big enough for costco trips ), then I vote 250 for winter and DD. If you go to costco a lot, or need to haul stuff ... then CX-7 + T-REX would be your logical choice.

But me being a car guy, and not a suv kinda guy (spirited driving is harder in a suv ).... im the one who would make 2 trips to costco to get everything to fit before giving up my 250 for a SUV
Old 07-04-09, 12:14 AM
dangy
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Drive safe in that T-Rex man.
Old 07-04-09, 12:25 AM
nmpeter
Pole Position

T-Rex doesn't sound like a smart idea. Its more of a weekend/showoff car or should I say tricycle?

You're giving up a lot. Sure its faster, you get more attention, and more fun to drive but its not practical at all.
Old 07-04-09, 08:25 AM
Lexasaurus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by nmpeter
but its not practical at all.
his mazda is?
Old 07-04-09, 09:56 AM
Phiber
Lead Lap

IS250 gets 19 MPG in city? I was expecting like 25 MPG in city.. even my IS350 gets 20 MPG in the city..

Op, are you talking about this?
Old 07-04-09, 10:16 AM
htownis350
Driver

t-rex? i thought those were not street legal, man it does look fun thou!
stick with the IS more reliable than this (imo)
Old 07-04-09, 10:30 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IMHO, having both a sports sedan (IS350) and SUV (Jeep Liberty) is ideal, different vehicle for different purposes.
Old 07-04-09, 10:46 AM
ELL Y
Lexus Test Driver

^
What he said. Get the boy racer out of you, and start thinking practically =)
Old 07-04-09, 11:03 AM
ExTrEmE99
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I bet the t-rex got popular because of Rob dyrdek
Old 07-04-09, 04:18 PM
kargahi
Driver

i already bought the CX-7... its actually pretty good...i bought the GT AWD fully loaded with nav and stuff... so its pretty good and its SO ROOOOMMMMMMYYYYYYY... i went and picked up my gf and 2 of her friends from the airport... all of their suitcases fit plus it had so much extra space that i could close the trunk slider... i was more than impressed... the IS250... can only fit one suit case with problems...

the T-rex is street legal in canada... but it has those two lil suit case on the side as a trunk... so its not a car to go to COSTCO with but... it can definetly do my One person Groccery shopping plus mall shopping... so i think i would be fine.. the only bad thing is that i have to pay for it all at once and the warrenty is only 25000 KM!!! thats really ****... but its such a fun thing to drive and it gets so much attention... pretty much the whole street is looking at you... you dont even need to drive fast to prove ur fast... people just look at you and assume ur super fast... i loved the drive... now i need to purchase one for myself... its just so expensive....
Old 07-04-09, 05:01 PM
Initial G
Lexus Champion

I believe you're giving up a lot of luxury when you sell off your IS but I guess you can't help it if you want something with more HP. The T-Rex looks like it would really fun to drive. You can always go back to a luxury car in the future. Good luck.
Old 07-04-09, 05:24 PM
nmpeter
Pole Position

I spy midlife crisis :-P
Old 07-05-09, 06:57 AM
kargahi
Driver

Originally Posted by nmpeter
I spy midlife crisis :-P

IM ONLY 22!!!!!!!!!! lol