ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-2nd-gen-2006-2013-163/)
-   -   question about foglights!help! (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-2nd-gen-2006-2013/436364-question-about-foglights-help.html)

sagikun 07-03-09 01:27 AM

Originally Posted by Proper 350 (Post 4633783)
Ok. Since nobody knew how to do the fog lights mod... I went ahead and did it myself with success. So here is the DIY if you want do the mod.

The tools you need are:
1. Short philips head screwdriver
2. Wire cutter with crimp tool
3. 1 tap in squeeze connector
4. 1 female and 1 male connector
5. Lighted fuse/power tester
6. Electrical tape
7. box cutter or razor blade
8. needle nose pliers
9. 1 foot of power wire (12 -14 gauge)

Steps:
1. Take off engine covers. (front and driver side)
2. Remove driverside fuse box cover.
3. Remove screw that holds washer fluid tube for easy access.
4. Remove backcover of driverside parking/drl light.
5. Remove parking light bulb from housing.
6. At fuse box locate and cut green with red stripe wire right in the middle.
7. At fuse box locate and cut lime green with silver rings wire right in the middle.
8. From wireloom side strip both the green with red stripe and lime green with silver ring wires and crimp together into one female connector.
9. Take extra power wire and connect one end with male connector.
10. Connect male and female connectors together.
11. Locate green power wire from parking light harness.
12. Use box cutter to cut rubber sleeve for easy access to wires.
13. Connect other end of extra power wire to green power wire of parking light harness using the squeeze connector. Make sure to have good connection.
14. Turn on parking lights for test. If your connections are good then your fogs should work whenever your parking lights are on.

Note: This will render your fog light switch disabled.

mad props. should have got a lot more acknowlegemnt for this mod. give the man some credit guys.

btw, why fogs w/ the parking lights... ? cuz thats how OG's roll

Proper 350 07-10-09 04:43 PM

that's just the style that i like...did it on my ek hatch and did it on my lex..thanks for the props too

RU514 07-10-09 04:52 PM

damn nice job

now I can actually use my high beams without having to worry about my fogs shutting off (since they are hids dont want to shut them on and off in short amount of time)

GiantsFan 07-10-09 06:02 PM

Nice job :thumbup:

Now, just from operating the switch, it looks like a circuit inside a circuit (picture below). I was wondering, wouldn't it be possible to do this?

http://i444.photobucket.com/albums/q...us/power-2.jpg

That way you don't have to move the headlight switch, the fog switch has power to it all the time, so when you turn it on, fogs go on!

Or am I way off?! :p

lobuxracer 08-13-09 03:03 PM

Way off. The circuit you drew doesn't look anything like the OEM circuit. Fog light control is networked through the BEAN (Body Electrical Area Network), so the way it was done here is just about the only way. You have no choice but to abandon controlling the lights with the stalk switch. If you want separate control, you'll have to install a switch.

ISFHAHA 08-13-09 05:07 PM

Should work on IS-F as well ?

suka4thong 12-02-09 10:47 PM

any new solution on this?
please share wat u guys done so far

diablo2184 04-01-10 07:19 PM

hey Proper, any update on this? no problems with wiring or electrical since you've done your mod? I want to do this but I would like to make sure there is no long-term problems......

or anyone else that has done this and not encounter any issues?

thanks

sagikun 04-19-10 04:18 AM

uh oh,.. hope he didnt smoke the body control module?

Juicy 04-21-10 06:55 PM

Its possible. My husband just did it on his TL that he found on their forum. He said they have been trying for 5 years to find a way.
http://tl.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=772633

Koz 04-22-10 05:17 AM

In NJ the fog/driving lights must work and must go off when using the high beams. Would have to undo every two years.

Koz

Proper 350 04-23-10 02:10 AM

Originally Posted by diablo2184 (Post 5366942)
hey Proper, any update on this? no problems with wiring or electrical since you've done your mod? I want to do this but I would like to make sure there is no long-term problems......

or anyone else that has done this and not encounter any issues?

thanks

ive had this mod for roughly 7-8 months and everything still works like they day i did it...

flyinsupra 09-16-10 07:14 PM

I just did it tonight. Works so far. I have a 06 IS350 and my green wire with red stripe also had two silver circles around it. Ill let you guys know if anything bad comes from it.

SwooshICE 09-17-10 08:48 PM

same on 2009 model too
thanks for the guide!

diablo2184 09-20-10 06:44 PM

any difference for the IS-F? any F owners do this mod?