IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

My IS350 Accident - Sort of funny but not really

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-09, 05:44 PM
anwallac
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My IS350 Accident - Sort of funny but not really

Hey all, so today was raining and on my way home out of nowhere someone slammed into my left rear tire and I did a full 360 and wound up about 3 ft from a median. Fortunately I didn't hit anything else or get hit after that. It turns out some lady hit this other guy in a Jeep liberty then while spinning out of control nailed me in the left rear tire. I was soooo angry because after I got out of the car she pulled up with her window down and said "I am sorry mr. my car was spinning out of control.." I then yelled pull over and as she started to get over, I turned away and as I turned back the B*tch was pulling off and was to far for me to get her license plate.

So I then approached the other guy who had been hit and he definitely didn't see her plates. Then as the State Trooper was getting our story straight, all three of us, at the same time, looked across the highway and there was her bumper with her license plate still attached!!! The cop then ran her plate and it matched the exact description i gave them -- hahahahha -- Karma sux!

So anyways at first I wasn't too worried b/c it looked like minor damage to my car. The left rear rim was trashed and the left quarter panel had some denting and paint scratches so I was feeling okay BUT then on my way to take the car to the dealership reality set in!!

1st off my alignment was ridiculously off and my steering wheel was at about 30 degrees off. Then the ride was wobbly and my car kept meandering.......not to mention the suspension felt really bouncy. I wanted to cry. I mean I have the sports suspension and that car drove like a dream and to feel it drive like that!! -- my heart sank. Also I have a CHECK VLC warning light so obviously something is up with the traction control. I am also starting to worry about rear axle damage -- it looks like the wheel took all the force. What potential axle damage is possible and what can I do to ensure the rear axle gets properly inspected for damage?

I plan on keeping this car forever and now I am worried I will have potential drivetrain, steering, and suspension problems down the line. SHould I be worried? this sucks so bad, i hope my IS will be the same again god I love this car !
Old 04-14-09, 05:53 PM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Sorry to hear that. I hope everything can get fixed properly!
Old 04-14-09, 05:53 PM
MIA IS250
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry to hea this happen to you, i had my incident in march, some fool decides to drop off a boxspring and mattress in the middle of the highway...i got no tag # either

ask your dealership they might know a reputable shop to take your baby to!

good luck!!!
Old 04-14-09, 06:00 PM
rebs
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by anwallac
I plan on keeping this car forever and now I am worried I will have potential drivetrain, steering, and suspension problems down the line. SHould I be worried? this sucks so bad, i hope my IS will be the same again god I love this car !
Sorry man that sucks. I'm glad they are going to catch the guilty party though. "Hit and runs" are not cool.

I'd ask your dealership and maybe a couple of mechanics "off the record" to see if they think it can ever be restored to the same condition.

Good luck. Hope everything turns out ok for you!
Old 04-14-09, 06:12 PM
A1Lexis
Lexus Test Driver

That sucks. Glad they caught the H&R driver. Don't be to quick to settle with the other partys insurance company, if she has any. There can be alot of hidden damage to your axle and drivetrain. Good luck!
Old 04-14-09, 06:24 PM
areukhmer
Lexus Test Driver

Well the important part that you're okay. And don't worry to much car can be fix.
Old 04-14-09, 06:53 PM
curtdragon
Driver School Candidate

that sucks but good that they find the person. Hope it gets fixed properly
Old 04-14-09, 07:06 PM
vdubturbo
Driver

Man, I'm sorry to hear about your car, but like everyone said, the most important thing is that you are ok.

At least your story has a humorous side to it. It reminded me of when I lived in Colorado. A friends car got tagged in the parking lot. Hit and run. The next day in the sunlight we realized the person hit his car so hard that their vehicle left a license plate impression in the snow-grime on his door. Long story short, after some photoshop work to enhance some of the letters and numbers (and a matched receipt to a bar where they were parked) the cops arrested the lady at her work.

Karma always wins.
Old 04-15-09, 07:26 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Sorry about the accident, that could of been very dangerous.
Old 04-15-09, 11:00 AM
IS25Heaven
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hopefully everything turns well. I hope that lady gets screwed. LOL
Old 04-15-09, 11:36 AM
Oreo27g
Driver

Crazy because I have a similar story. My homegirl has a C55 and I was following her, it was raining, light goes green, she crosses and this guy SLAMS her, almost all the airbags came out... I get out, run over to her car, she's crying, car looked totaled, the guy that hit her DIPS! I wasn't going to chase him but I walk back to my car after I confirm that she's okay and as I'm on the phone I look down and see this crumpled up license plate! Hah! They got him down the road and he was all drunk trying to run away... Moral: Karma!
Old 04-15-09, 12:10 PM
Lexasaurus
Lexus Test Driver

That is crazy!? how can someone just drive off like that? You hit TWO people, you gotta stop and face the consequences.
Old 04-15-09, 12:12 PM
Lexasaurus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Oreo27g
Crazy because I have a similar story. My homegirl has a C55 and I was following her, it was raining, light goes green, she crosses and this guy SLAMS her, almost all the airbags came out... I get out, run over to her car, she's crying, car looked totaled, the guy that hit her DIPS! I wasn't going to chase him but I walk back to my car after I confirm that she's okay and as I'm on the phone I look down and see this crumpled up license plate! Hah! They got him down the road and he was all drunk trying to run away... Moral: Karma!
I never understood why people run away, i wouldn't be able to sleep peacefully at night knowing i've caused problems and trouble to someone.
Old 04-15-09, 12:38 PM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Happens to the best of us. I really do believe in the 2gen Curse regardless of not being superstitious. Most importantly, you were no harmed.
Old 04-15-09, 01:46 PM
dangy
Lexus Champion

Sorry to hear about the accident. Hope you catch that lady soon. My car was also in an accident with axle damage. The car is fine now after repairs. You shouldnt worry as long as a good collision center repairs it.

Quick Reply: My IS350 Accident - Sort of funny but not really