IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Some Lexus owners are losers & posers...

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-09, 04:42 AM
A.C Milan
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what is so special about him or his car that makes him worth an interview!!!
I'm sure there are much better modded IS's where he lives
Old 03-06-09, 05:15 AM
berliner
Rookie

Originally Posted by A.C Milan
what is so special about him or his car that makes him worth an interview!!!
I'm sure there are much better modded IS's where he lives
i am guessing that the interview is some kind of an advertisement for dubai autodrome in some local car magazine. (ndk, am i right about this?)

on the bottom of the page it says :

If your car is chosen for My Wheels- you win a free high-speed drive in one of dubai autodromes purpose-built high-speed single seaters

so you think your car can cut it?
email us now and find out
mywheels@alnisrmedia.com

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

i'd love to have a go around the track in those single-seater cars they got. the whole package is worth 850dhs!

http://www.dubaiautodrome.com/genera...?id=72&sm=1058

emailing them pics of my car right now
Old 03-06-09, 06:44 AM
ndk83
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Goddamn soo many questions

Originally Posted by Kaydee
haha yeah, 4 pages and still no answer lol

to reiterate...WTFs a 2009 IS300...the guy is 50% to blame and the magazine is 50% at fault for featuring a gay like this
Not sure if this is what your asking, but mid east spec Lexus IS, is the IS300 with the 3GR-FE engines V6 engines. so 2009 IS300. We dont have the ISx50's here

Originally Posted by berliner
i went flat out in the rental is300 on emirates road (starting from RAK), and i couldnt get past 230. no way in hell will an is300 go over 240...that is if its a downhill stretch of road
I hit 245 on Dubai - Abu Dhabi Road, but then not enough open road w/ out radars to get past. I can easily repeat that, but that could be cause of my lighter rims and lowered body

But yea bout the the guy hittin 260 u got me, he was on a downhill stretch when it got to 260 (or so he claims)

i just reread the article (needed a good laugh) and i just noticed a question that the interviewer asked him:

"so why not the forthcoming IS-F?"

Is Al-futain planning on bringing the is-f to uae?!?!?!??!?!?!?!???!?!??
Nope, we will not get any engines w/ both port and direct injection. So that rules alll the good engines out. from the IS-F to the IS350 to the LS600h

Originally Posted by Emarati_K
I have been to Al Futaim 1000 times and I ask this question to the manager every time I do the service loooooool

They always come out with the answer nooooooo. I even told them I'm ready to pay 300,000 DHS for it they said noooooooooo...

Al Futaim Suck big time... I'm thinking to go to Al Bahwan to see if they are ever thinking of getting it.
Dude ur a walking, talking Fail. You and the guy in the article should exchange driving stories, maybe you can teach him how to drift on public roads, and he can teach u how to tailgate.

If u want the IS-F import it, ive seen 2 around town.
Lexus (nothing to do with Al Futtaim) isnt gonna bring the IS-F to the ME, not because they dont want to, or worried about if ull be able to pay for it, but rather because of the port+direct injection require cleaner fuel. Our sulfur content in our oil is too high (ME in general). High sulphur gas will eff up the engines in the long run.

Its not Al Futtaim's decision its Lexus'.
That is why we dont have an IS-F , IS350, or LS600H and its the same reason why the GS350 is slower the the US/JDM spec GS350 etc.

i am guessing that the interview is some kind of an advertisement for dubai autodrome in some local car magazine. (ndk, am i right about this?)

on the bottom of the page it says :

If your car is chosen for My Wheels- you win a free high-speed drive in one of dubai autodromes purpose-built high-speed single seaters

so you think your car can cut it?
email us now and find out
mywheels@alnisrmedia.com

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

i'd love to have a go around the track in those single-seater cars they got. the whole package is worth 850dhs!

http://www.dubaiautodrome.com/genera...?id=72&sm=1058

emailing them pics of my car right now

Yup, u hit the nail on the head, The Wheels Magazine article has nothing to do with tuned or suped up cars, basically they just interview random people and let them showcase their stock rides, its basically open to anyone.

Yea the Autodrom rules, ive driven Audit TT 2.0T and RS4's around the autodrom. It was soo sweeeeeeeet. BTW if u havnt gone already go to the Kartdrom, IMO its one of the best go karting tracks in the world
Old 03-06-09, 07:10 AM
Emarati_K
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ndk83
Dude ur a walking, talking Fail. You and the guy in the article should exchange driving stories, maybe you can teach him how to drift on public roads, and he can teach u how to tailgate.

If u want the IS-F import it, ive seen 2 around town.
Lexus (nothing to do with Al Futtaim) isnt gonna bring the IS-F to the ME, not because they dont want to, or worried about if ull be able to pay for it, but rather because of the port+direct injection require cleaner fuel. Our sulfur content in our oil is too high (ME in general). High sulphur gas will eff up the engines in the long run.

Its not Al Futtaim's decision its Lexus'.
That is why we dont have an IS-F , IS350, or LS600H and its the same reason why the GS350 is slower the the US/JDM spec GS350 etc.
Well I guess you might need to go to teach him cause his car exterior looks like just like your car interior...

I won't import an IS-F since those guys want me to pay 300,000AED... I would pay price for GS460 lower price, wider car and great HP which is enough to use around the city..

Explain then how Al Bahwan Toyota and Lexus of Oman. They bring cars with better options.. Lexus decideds that to? or is it Oman who is asking?
Old 03-06-09, 08:55 AM
ndk83
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Emarati_K
Explain then how Al Bahwan Toyota and Lexus of Oman. They bring cars with better options.. Lexus decideds that to? or is it Oman who is asking?

What options/cars can u get in Oman that u cannot get in Dubai?
Old 03-06-09, 09:15 AM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

looks like he has painters tape on there.
Old 03-06-09, 10:50 AM
jamminlol
Driver

my favorite part
"what does this IS say about you? answer: BE CAREFUL, IM COMING"
but hey, if that's his style then so be it
Old 03-06-09, 01:48 PM
kikaida
Lead Lap

FAIL - both driver and mag
Old 03-06-09, 02:21 PM
IAMJAVEDG
Lexus Champion

kinda resembles the hideous one that JM lexus built last year except........ its missing wheels, F-Sport brakes, etc. . .
Old 03-06-09, 04:18 PM
Initial G
Lexus Champion

Haha. This guy is a classic character. This is some great reading material.
Old 03-06-09, 04:43 PM
EJC
Instructor

Received 87 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by llamaboiz
rofl... Thats hilarious...

The 'poser' part thou... Well... We did buy upgraded corolla's didnt we? :d

rotflmao:d
Old 03-06-09, 05:37 PM
jonjon83
Lexus Test Driver

how come i cant get a mag spot?
Old 03-06-09, 06:23 PM
Emarati_K
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ndk83
What options/cars can u get in Oman that u cannot get in Dubai?
Floor Mat looks different and better, There are always extras to what Dubai have. Al Bahwan the selling cars faster than Al Futaim. There are people who comes from KSA, Qatar and other countries from the gulf just to buy from him..
Plus Al Futaim is more expensive.. Example: LX570 cost 350,000 in Al Futaim. My brother bought it from Al Bahwan for 320,000.

The service of Al Futaim suck big time. Al Bahwan service building is in 4 floors. If it's really busy in the Ground floor they will take your car to the next floor. They will never say come tomorrow to pick up your car. You want it in 3 hours they can do that..
Old 03-07-09, 12:53 AM
inLine4
Pole Position

I don't recall the IS being in Fast n Furious. The magazine must have been desperate.
Old 03-07-09, 01:25 AM
love67
Lexus Test Driver

his car.........half blue and half white....

Quick Reply: Some Lexus owners are losers & posers...