IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Official "Got my GFX kit" thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-08, 06:56 AM
BounceNY
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All 3 of my boxes came in beat up really bad. My front & rear was fine but my side skirts had some scratches on the corners. Sewell offered to replace them. Unfortunately, I already put them on at that point, so I think I'm stuck with them now. I used some touchup paint and its hardly noticeable.

Last edited by BounceNY; 08-23-08 at 07:00 AM.
Old 08-23-08, 08:47 AM
IS35O
Pole Position

I ordered at like 12:01AM for the special and still haven't gotten a tracking number
Old 08-23-08, 09:08 AM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 91 Likes on 65 Posts
Exclamation me too.....

Originally Posted by IS35O
I ordered at like 12:01AM for the special and still haven't gotten a tracking number
i received an email with confirmation number yet no tracking number....
Old 08-23-08, 09:09 AM
VikH
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by BounceNY
All 3 of my boxes came in beat up really bad. My front & rear was fine but my side skirts had some scratches on the corners. Sewell offered to replace them. Unfortunately, I already put them on at that point, so I think I'm stuck with them now. I used some touchup paint and its hardly noticeable.
That sucks. Were they scratches or chips?

Originally Posted by IS35O
I would try calling them. You should have gotten shipping by now or a notice that it is out of stock.
Old 08-23-08, 09:14 AM
BounceNY
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by VikH
That sucks. Were they scratches or chips?
Scratches...at the one corner on both side skirts. It looked like the delivery person dragged the box along the street. Since the box was beat up, the side's were sticking out a little. Its about half inch scratch on one, and quarter inch on the other, not that bad. But i was really surprised how beat up all the boxes were...maybe due to the odd shape of the front & rear. Luckily those two were completely fine, just the sides got scratched. Oddly that was the box that looked the least beat up of all of them.

I think its really the delivery person/company's fault. I doubt sewell would have sent a box out in that bad of shape. They're a great vendor and I'm really glad they hook us up with great deals.

Last edited by BounceNY; 08-23-08 at 09:17 AM.
Old 08-23-08, 11:26 AM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

should of inspect before u sign, unless they just dropped it off without signin. i hate fedex. i order my trunk spoiler like months ago and fedex just drops it off my front door and someone just came by and took it. sewell just sent a new one by UPS next day. im sure sewell will take care of it.
Old 08-23-08, 11:51 AM
Little E
Lexus Champion

^^^Yeah, no joke! Fed-ex damaged one of my rims when they were being delivered from Sewell. I called Sewell and explained what happened, and they sent me a replacement rim within a few days.
Old 08-23-08, 12:00 PM
Little E
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by passnu2

See if you move to IL you have all these nice helpers to get your stuff done
Yeah no joke! But nope, I will always be a California girl. IL is too cold (I don't own that kind of wardrobe ). You guys need to move out here. They're lots of nice new houses in my area that are up for sale at a bargin rate right now.

Last edited by Little E; 08-23-08 at 12:03 PM.
Old 08-23-08, 01:26 PM
TinCan
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We need to get sewell to do another GB!!
Old 08-23-08, 01:28 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Little E
Yeah no joke! But nope, I will always be a California girl. IL is too cold (I don't own that kind of wardrobe ). You guys need to move out here. They're lots of nice new houses in my area that are up for sale at a bargin rate right now.
haha...good for you! I would never want to work if I had all that around me All those nice house's, pretty ladies all over barely wearing anything, nice cars that most dream of all over the place as DD

wait a second what is wrong with me im on the next plane out

I hope I do make it out there soon to meet the CL gang! It would be a good time and I have never been to CA.

and Trust me the house are at a BARGIN here also I am trying to get out of some right now and the offers are just to the point where I dont see why they even make the offer. Its what I did for years on the banking side so I know more then most as to the reality of what is going on and where its going to go. But time to move on and maybe move to Sunny CA

okay now that I am way OT here....sorry
Old 08-23-08, 01:43 PM
VikH
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Evil Teo
should of inspect before u sign, unless they just dropped it off without signin. i hate fedex. i order my trunk spoiler like months ago and fedex just drops it off my front door and someone just came by and took it. sewell just sent a new one by UPS next day. im sure sewell will take care of it.
The Fedex guy said he would have dropped all 3 huge boxes at the door if I wasn't home. Since they are valued at $200, they don't need a signature.
Old 08-23-08, 01:52 PM
BounceNY
Lexus Test Driver

the delivery guy here just dropped off the boxes, basically covered the entire entry to my apartment. Had to climb over them just to get to the door.
Old 08-23-08, 02:02 PM
huddleston
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 13 Posts

have yet to recieve a tracking #, i got a call that the rears were out of stock. nothing further heard on the side skirts.....
Old 08-23-08, 02:06 PM
VikH
Lexus Champion

Default GFX Side Skirts Installed

Pics from my GFX install. Pretty straightforward swap. One thing I have noticed. When I get out of the car I am hitting the skirt with my leg since they stick out further. Just an FYI, be careful.

Before:

After:

Old 08-23-08, 02:14 PM
Mark350
Driver

Nice, so the old sideskirts screwed off and the new ones screwed right on?

Quick Reply: Official "Got my GFX kit" thread