IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

HELP MY LEXUS Is350 GOT STOLEN MY CAR IS GONE AND MY MONEY 3000 MILES AWAY HELP !!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-08, 09:12 PM
inwood
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow that is horrible news. I hope that you get your car/money back.
Old 01-26-08, 09:18 PM
lexstolen
Driver School Candidate

I was unaware of how to go about selling my car, I just knew not to take a personal check but take cash or certified check. Also I got advice beforehand. I was a victim of this scam which has happen to me and others as well. Now I am regretting my actions and I need to do something about this situation so I can get my money. My friend says dont go to the police until my lawyer advice me what to say bc I can incriminate myself by stating I sold my car writing $0 on the title and bill of sale.
Old 01-26-08, 09:21 PM
Drunkebuda
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that sucks baddd....thats why when you try and save on tax don't. On older cars yah ill do the zero bill of sales. If its for something high price i would not sign a gift cert or a zero bill of sale. There is a lot of scamers out there. If it comes to legal battle you will lose in court due to the documents you have signed. It could hold up in court but i doubt you can do anything about it. Hummm a 28,000 dollar lesson sucks...But best wishes and luck to you. I would contact the Police department and DMV of your situation. See how they can help you. Getting the DMV to help you would be your best bet right now.
Old 01-26-08, 09:23 PM
Drunkebuda
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by lexstolen
I was unaware of how to go about selling my car, I just knew not to take a personal check but take cash or certified check. Also I got advice beforehand. I was a victim of this scam which has happen to me and others as well. Now I am regretting my actions and I need to do something about this situation so I can get my money. My friend says dont go to the police until my lawyer advice me what to say bc I can incriminate myself by stating I sold my car writing $0 on the title and bill of sale.
No this would not happen just inform them of what happen and show the bank statement of how it was stopped and just explain yourself. They will be able to help you one way or another.
Old 01-26-08, 09:28 PM
cmdace18
Driver

Originally Posted by proximal
wow ... guess the thread starter is a loser looking for some attention on a saturday night. geezes.
Old 01-26-08, 09:32 PM
Perfection
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by kikaida
This sounds very familiar to another thread awhile back, dang i just cant seem to find it.
I remember seeing that thread and how the thread poster also posted the same story about his car being stolen or he was missing a lot of money on bimmerforums
Old 01-26-08, 09:33 PM
DRivera250
Lexus Champion

here check this article out

http://law.freeadvice.com/general_pr...g_contract.htm
Old 01-26-08, 09:35 PM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 256 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by lexstolen
My friend says dont go to the police until my lawyer advice me what to say bc I can incriminate myself by stating I sold my car writing $0 on the title and bill of sale.
Your friend gave you much better advice than your tax consultant, perpetrating fraud to deprive both New Jersey and the federal government of tax revenues is also a serious crime. It's kind of like going to the police to complain that someone broke into your house and stole your stash of cocaine and heroin.
Old 01-26-08, 09:42 PM
RenaultOne
Rookie

Originally Posted by proximal
Yeah this ****ing guy is posting his BS story all over the damn internet. On E90 post, here, audizone, and about every where else. ATTENTION *****!
Old 01-26-08, 09:45 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

dont feed the troll
Old 01-26-08, 09:48 PM
Rash
hmm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thank god wasn't in the mood in reading.
Old 01-26-08, 10:33 PM
250-awd
Rookie

Originally Posted by Bichon
Your friend gave you much better advice than your tax consultant, perpetrating fraud to deprive both New Jersey and the federal government of tax revenues is also a serious crime. It's kind of like going to the police to complain that someone broke into your house and stole your stash of cocaine and heroin.
I would have to agree with you on this one. I am currently interning as an auditor and have done all sorts of forensic accounting so maybe I can shine some light on to this. Even if you can prove that he did defraud you, all you would be doing is slapping him with the charge for a couple counts of fraud (one to you personally, and another one or two to the federal and state government(s)). Unfortunately, by doing that, you are implicating yourself in the fraud which isn't going to look good on you. I am also not sure how empathetic a judge would be once they realize that you tried to go around the system to defraud the state of tax revenues.

I am in Canada and I am not 100% sure about how it is done in the states, but I guess you can really push it and find a thin line and argue that the sales contract was not a legitimate one based on the fact that there was no consideration granted, which is something that is required for any performance/sales contract to be valid. The lack of consideration (payment) makes the contract null and therefor, the car would still be yours.

You can also argue that even if you gave the car as a gift, the check should be considered as a separate item all together, and if it bounced and it is proven that it was made out to you, then you could be entitled to the check, plus your car back. Again, these are purely hypothetical and I am not sure that any judge would entertain any of these options, but who knows. Good luck and next time, as one of my tax profs would say "there are rules for a reason, and if they won't catch you, then you will just somehow end up *****ing yourself" (yes, he actually used those words)
Old 01-26-08, 11:32 PM
ABC
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RenaultOne
Yeah this ****ing guy is posting his BS story all over the damn internet. On E90 post, here, audizone, and about every where else. ATTENTION *****!
hmm, maybe this guy is trying to figure out the perfect car scam and is gauging the responses and 'advice' to figure it out... Just a thought.
Old 01-26-08, 11:56 PM
Namir
Lead Lap

gtfo troll.
Old 01-27-08, 12:11 AM
gsrthomas
Lexus Champion

Your are a fcukin idiot. This guy this a TROLL, Mods please lock this and BAN him. he has been posting threads like this all over the car forums.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110097

Last edited by gsrthomas; 01-27-08 at 12:14 AM.

Quick Reply: HELP MY LEXUS Is350 GOT STOLEN MY CAR IS GONE AND MY MONEY 3000 MILES AWAY HELP !!!!!