IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Pure Bliss 06 Is

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-08, 01:14 PM
Chancellor
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Damn dude looks clean as hell nice work.
Old 01-15-08, 03:08 PM
kattanh3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thank you for the Grill DIY, it looks great!
Old 01-18-08, 12:33 PM
Annalyz
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by blISs 250
i was a blonde, too. i didn't know anything about bags until i installed them. well if you ever think about picking up a kit and you need help lmk.

yes! all you need to do is get an alignment done. witch i don't fully understand, cuz the ride height is adjustable, so when you lower/raise your car you lose the alignment, well the camber at least. but from what i understand, D.O.T. is always changing the requirements and it states that any changes done to your suspension, its required that you get an alignment done. so yes they do recon bags now.

-seL
today, i got my first "no recon" ticket! for the past years, i could pay the ticket! now, i have a court date... wtf? oh, well... a detective's daughter in court should be interesting! i hope, the cop shows up?

i'll keep your offer in mind... if and when, i can guarantee to pass the inspection!

thanks, lei.
Old 01-19-08, 12:22 PM
blISs 250
Rookie

Originally Posted by Annalyz
today, i got my first "no recon" ticket! for the past years, i could pay the ticket! now, i have a court date... wtf? oh, well... a detective's daughter in court should be interesting! i hope, the cop shows up?

i'll keep your offer in mind... if and when, i can guarantee to pass the inspection!

thanks, lei.

whaaat! that sucks. "no recon" because the drop or the rims? i sure as hell dont see anything wrong. for the longest time when i had my megan coil overs (slammed) i was rollin by waikiki every weekend and no tickets. i guess ive been lucky. well like you said, being that your father is a detective, it should really be interesting. get back at me, with the outcome.

the offer still stands. and yes your guaranteed to pass. no worries.

-seL
Old 01-21-08, 07:09 PM
dhza8
Driver School Candidate

Default What if I have Pre-Collision?

Could you explain what changes with pre-collision? Are there sensors in the grille you are doing surgery on? Thanks.
Old 01-21-08, 09:06 PM
blISs 250
Rookie

Originally Posted by dhza8
Could you explain what changes with pre-collision? Are there sensors in the grille you are doing surgery on? Thanks.
i haven't seen whats behind a pre-collision grille. but i do know that something about it is different. when i had ordered a second grille, just to cut it up , there were two different types, with or w/out pre-collision. my guess is that there is a sensor, probably the size of the emblem it self, maybe a little smaller, that fits behind the emblem. i've seen these on other non-lexus cars. i'll be going on a CL meet this coming sunday and there should be a bunch of us "ISx50's" there and i'll take a look at how they are constructed and post any additional moding to the grille, if any at all. considering someone has that option. if not then we can start a new tread.

-seL
Old 01-22-08, 12:42 AM
Annalyz
Lead Lap

whaaat! that sucks. "no recon" because the drop or the rims? i sure as hell dont see anything wrong. for the longest time when i had my megan coil overs (slammed) i was rollin by waikiki every weekend and no tickets. i guess ive been lucky. well like you said, being that your father is a detective, it should really be interesting. get back at me, with the outcome.

the offer still stands. and yes your guaranteed to pass. no worries.

-seL
i work in waikiki! he, he...

i got a ticket for "altered suspension" and "no front license plate"... i was like, altered suspension? weird.

on saturday, i went to satellite city hall and picked up a new set of plates... hopefully, i'll get away with the "no front license plate" ticket? as for the stup!d "altered suspension" ticket... i'm planning to run away from work and get in line under the freeway! imma be honest and tell the judge that i was meaning to get a permit, but... i've been working 7-days a week for the past 3 months and my suspension was installed on christmas day which was my only day off!

hah, wish me luck! lei.
Old 01-22-08, 02:56 AM
aira
Pole Position

This is how I want my car to look when I get done with it, but im MRM.
Old 01-22-08, 09:35 AM
WALDIS350
Pole Position

this might be a dumb question but how much power does the bags use, would it be practical to run a seperate battery to run the system?
Old 01-22-08, 03:27 PM
blISs 250
Rookie

Originally Posted by WALDIS350
this might be a dumb question but how much power does the bags use, would it be practical to run a seperate battery to run the system?
no, you don't need to run a seperate battery. that would be over kill. it don't draw much power, and when it does, its only for the period of time that the compressor kicks on. all it is, is a power-battery / ground-body / and an accesory-lighter <-- so that the compressor only turns on when your car is. its not like hydros to where you gotta have six other batteries in your trunk. lol.
Old 01-22-08, 08:09 PM
Shoganai
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Siiiiiiiiiick brah
Old 01-22-08, 08:24 PM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Holy crap how did I miss this thread!
Old 01-23-08, 07:14 PM
dhza8
Driver School Candidate

i haven't seen whats behind a pre-collision grille. but i do know that something about it is different. when i had ordered a second grille, just to cut it up , there were two different types, with or w/out pre-collision. my guess is that there is a sensor, probably the size of the emblem it self, maybe a little smaller, that fits behind the emblem. i've seen these on other non-lexus cars. i'll be going on a CL meet this coming sunday and there should be a bunch of us "ISx50's" there and i'll take a look at how they are constructed and post any additional moding to the grille, if any at all. considering someone has that option. if not then we can start a new tread.

-seL
Thanks for the reply. I have pre-collision, so I'm going to sniff around under the hood this weekend. The surgery you performed is so clever. I like a clean stock look -- don't like the big emblem. Pre-collision and adaptive cruise control are great -- pretty rare on a small car. Let me know what you find out at your meet. Thanks again.
Old 02-24-08, 07:45 AM
dreadjam
Driver School Candidate

my favorite IS . mad props
Old 02-24-08, 08:23 AM
iceman1117
Lead Lap

How were you able to raise the tanabe exhaust? Your car looks awesome!

Quick Reply: Pure Bliss 06 Is