IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Sport vs Luxury Package

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-07, 06:54 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I don't think anybody has a load of sport package cars.

My special order 08 was the first sports package car my dealership had -ever- seen.
Old 12-05-07, 08:36 AM
ISF_GG
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

You'll be waiting quite a while to get a sport package IS, especially if you have one particular color that you have to have. Ordering one takes months, from what other CL members have mentioned. SO, why not get the luxury package IS, you'll find them everywhere. Then, you can add some springs, lower the car, and get better handling then the Sport package IS would have anyway, and you won't have to wait, and wait, and wait.................
Old 12-05-07, 09:17 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbo_gg
You'll be waiting quite a while to get a sport package IS, especially if you have one particular color that you have to have. Ordering one takes months, from what other CL members have mentioned. SO, why not get the luxury package IS, you'll find them everywhere. Then, you can add some springs, lower the car, and get better handling then the Sport package IS would have anyway, and you won't have to wait, and wait, and wait.................
As I said, mine was about 2.5 moths... unless you're walking now I can't think of a reason to 'settle' for a car that isn't exactly what you want when you're spending 30 or 40 grand...
Old 12-05-07, 09:41 PM
glazer
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=Turbo_gg;3101179]You'll be waiting quite a while to get a sport package IS, especially if you have one particular color that you have to have. Ordering one takes months, from what other CL members have mentioned. SO, why not get the luxury package IS, you'll find them everywhere. Then, you can add some springs, lower the car, and get better handling then the Sport package IS would have anyway, and you won't have to wait, and wait, and wait.................[/QUOTESo you are saying that you have a million dollars to do research and build a better handling car than LEXUS? Just curious LMK, maybe I am just a noobie.
Old 12-05-07, 09:51 PM
movin_up
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by glazer
So you are saying that you have a million dollars to do research and build a better handling car than LEXUS? Just curious LMK, maybe I am just a noobie.
He doesn't, but Eibach, Tein, etc (whoever makes suspension stuff for these cars - i'm new to Lexus) does. Factory isn't always best, there's a reason these aftermarket company's exist.

I have read a review where the 6MT IS250 with X-Package runs the slalom faster than an E46 M3 which is quite impressive, but there's almost always room for improvement. Does it handle well stock? Sure. But it could probably handle even better if you drop down the center of gravity an inch or two and tighten it up a bit.
Old 12-05-07, 09:59 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Ok, for some reason or other i've passed on this thread, why i dunno... Probally waiting for someone to give the answer but no-one has

Heres the info:

Background: Sport and Eibach Prokit give the same basic ride, the prokit feels better thou and handles better in the twisties BUT the ride itself at low/normal speeds and on straight roads is the SAME.

Now:

If your looking for that Lexus ride get the normal suspension, eventually you MAY decide to drop the car and when you do you'll get the Prokit, thing is if its too 'rough' for you, you can change back to the lux springs.

Of course:
You can always go coilovers. *imo a waste for a non-tracked car, good for posers thou*

AND LASTLY:
Theres always UAS for that true 'ballin' ride