IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

HID adjustment experience

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-07, 11:09 AM
iialcii
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HID adjustment experience

After installing my Ebiach Pro Kit I noticed my headlights were pointing way too high, as if my highs were on, after doing some research about HID adjustments i attempted to try it. It was so frustrating at first, I lost count of the total turns and my lights were messed up. So I parked it about 50 ft away from a wall and started adjusting leveling the lights to my liking. Barely noticing the change, cause both headlights where overlapping. So I found a easier way to adjust the headlights so that both headlights where projecting evenly. I took a towel and coverd one light, while adjusting the other, back and forth matching the beam on the wall both vertically and horizontal. Boom success Im so happy I mastered the adjustment. Just sharing my experience. It really made it easier to adjust the lights by covering one while adjusting the other Afterall the dealership said that they could not adjust it because of liability reasons, but would check if it was in spec, and only adjust to specs.
Old 10-28-07, 11:37 AM
GordoNx3o9
Pole Position

I need to know how to adjust horizontally. My passenger side started beaming high after hitting a pothole last night so I fixed it vertically. It seems like I need horizontal adjustment.
Old 10-28-07, 01:10 PM
SPEED&ECO.
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GordoNx3o9
I need to know how to adjust horizontally. My passenger side started beaming high after hitting a pothole last night so I fixed it vertically. It seems like I need horizontal adjustment.
yes i need to know how to adjust horizontally...
Old 10-28-07, 07:47 PM
iialcii
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by GordoNx3o9
heres how to adjust. ill copy and paste the pictures and slightly circle where the two adjustments screws are for horizontal and verticle.
Heres the thread to another HID adjustment.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ustment&page=2

these are pics I got From the Thread. I used Paint to circle the two adjustment screw locations for both driver and passenger, sorry if i copied your pic, just to lazy to take off engine covers and take new ones.

Driver Side

Passenger Side

*best way to adjust is park facing a wall about 50 feet. Hopes this helps