IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

It's a magnet

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-07, 08:43 PM
jdanon
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bass Mech
point is, some people look at cars just as a thing.. like its a toaster or somthing. not everyone understand how people like us feel about cars and not everyone shops very far beyond their local ford dealer. they dont go to car shows and they have no idea what the new shiny cool cars actually cost. they see a car as a mode of transportation and car about them as much as they do a household appliance.
You are right about that. People have no respect for other people's property. They just assume because they don't care that much about cars that you don't either. I get mad just thinking about that.
Old 08-06-07, 08:44 PM
Bigrahizzl
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Bass Mech
i got my IS because if you can believe this, i was able to RENT a brand new Black IS250 in orlando 2 months ago.
while pulling to disney world some mom opened the passenger door and whacked the side of this new lexus that i am responcible for. fortunatly it hit the fender which was a little more stout than the side panel and left a small mark but no dent.
when this happend i was just getting out myself and i said HEY WATCH IT! THIS IS A BRAND NEW LEXUS!!!
she laughed at me untill she realised how upset i was and then she was very apologetic said im sorry lets see if there is any damage, she could tell i was about to come unglued.
point is, some people look at cars just as a thing.. like its a toaster or somthing. not everyone understand how people like us feel about cars and not everyone shops very far beyond their local ford dealer. they dont go to car shows and they have no idea what the new shiny cool cars actually cost. they see a car as a mode of transportation and car about them as much as they do a household appliance.
Exactly your right man. And one more thing is that (in my case) they dont see that if i park next to someone that i should watch out for the car next to me as well as mine. But pple dont get it. Even if it was a ferrari pple wont give a crap and will park so close next to you and wont even care about it.
Old 08-06-07, 08:44 PM
sjgIS350
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by IRCRomeo
Why is that asking for it? I take up two spots, but I only park far far away also.
Read the comments...overall folks don't appreciate it...regardless of if its far away or not...some people (not me...I just laugh at the arrogance) will do damage to cars that take up multiple spots

http://flickr.com/photos/ycantpark/25750900/
Old 08-06-07, 08:56 PM
Audiofan2
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Bigrahizzl
Exactly your right man. And one more thing is that (in my case) they dont see that if i park next to someone that i should watch out for the car next to me as well as mine. But pple dont get it. Even if it was a ferrari pple wont give a crap and will park so close next to you and wont even care about it.
Maybe someday we will be able to recognize other clublexus members by where we all park....
Old 08-06-07, 09:02 PM
pisaykotik
Lexus Champion

I've had my IS for 7 months now and I haven't brought it to places where I know for sure that some jerk is going to ding it like the malls here. And I park way way out there for places with big parking lots. Yes there is more walking but I don't mind it, absolutely zero door dings so far. Unfortunately I know someday I'd be forced to park in those tight spots and that first ding will be very painful to see.
Old 08-06-07, 09:15 PM
mir
Driver

Geez and I thought I was **** about parking way too far back ! Glad to see I am in good company(ies) ! I try to park very close to curb so that there is a lot of space on the other side. If there is no curb and it is office time I try to park with driver's side as close to as to my left side car. Because most of the time at office the other car driver will not have a passenger and thus less likely to ding my driver's side door. Every time I come back to car I try to visually inspect and make sure there is no ding or scratch. Countless times I feared there is a scratch and started rub dirt off ! My wife thinks I am going crazy.
Old 08-06-07, 10:22 PM
Buds
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Audiofan2
Maybe someday we will be able to recognize other clublexus members by where we all park....
It's already happened. I went to Fry's one day and saw a white IS parked in the corner near a Z06, I knew it was a fellow IS enthusiast so I went and parked in the spot in front of it. Got out, checked out the car, told my gf that "I bet that's someone from CL". Came out and the car was gone, got home and had a PM from Taylor asking me if I was at Fry's. Small world!
Old 08-06-07, 10:40 PM
DRIVEN1
Driver

I found your better off looking for other nice cars and park between them or next to them. A lot of people that spend 35K or more for their cars - care and won't hit you. Park out away with open spots and you have no control. Just a thought. Oh - my IS350 is about 17 months old and I don't have a dent, ding or scratch. Good luck.
Old 08-06-07, 10:49 PM
y2ks2k
CL Folding Freak

I found my first real door ding (1.5 years) yesterday. I barely drive my IS350, basically to work and back. The ding is high up at the rear of the car.

I have absolutely no doubt that most of the door ding I have received on all of my cars are 100% on purpose.

Basically you need to learn to live with it, its going to happen and be done on purpose.

Oddly enough, the most comfortable I ever felt in a car in the last 10 years (with cars all over $30K at least) was driving my beater car that I had with my S2000 which was an 88 Civic DX. It was so nice not to care a rats arss about where I parked it or what was done to it. Hell, I was going to get plates that said "keythis".
Old 08-07-07, 07:29 AM
350ripper
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i already let my wife know that i will not go to a walmart under any circumstances. those parking lots are practically guaranteed to scratch your car....
how do you get a club lexus sticker?

Last edited by 350ripper; 08-07-07 at 11:10 AM.
Old 08-07-07, 07:58 AM
Koz

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by IRCRomeo
Why is that asking for it? I take up two spots, but I only park far far away also.
Do yourself a favor and only take 1 spot. Three of my friends have had damage done to their car because of this. Some People will go out of their way to show how jealous they are about someone else having a nice/new car. For some reason seeing someone taking two spots really pisses them off. 1 of the cars was keyed from the front fender to the tail lights. It is just not worth the chance of some jerkoff damaging you car. I would love to catch someone doing this, even if it wasn't my car!

Koz
Old 08-07-07, 08:27 AM
Dabigman
Lead Lap

If spots are full, I look for a spot next to a minivan because they have the sliding doors, mostly motorized nowadays. I *never* park next to any SUV especially Tahoe/Yukon/Expeditions.
Old 08-07-07, 08:29 AM
tt061880
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I usually don't park far away, I usually park one empty spot away from the last car or between nice cars. I don't get door dings from the parking lot, I got two dings from parking in front of my house, how irony is that.
Old 08-07-07, 10:04 AM
A.C Milan
Lead Lap

and i thought it was just me!
Old 08-07-07, 11:57 AM
Buds
Lexus Test Driver

BTW... Where in Texas are you?

Quick Reply: It's a magnet