IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Were you able to get your first choice of color for your IS350?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-07, 07:42 PM
Sexi_Lexi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I initially wanted Chrystal White with Sterling int. but the salesman told me that they didn't come in that combo (esp. with the sports pkg) at the time of my special order. So I settled on black int. While at the dealership putting in my order, I also thought of GFM ext. but they told me it'd be 6 mos before I got the car so I said no thanks.

Now that I have my CW with black int, I can't be happier. NO regrets at all.
Old 07-20-07, 08:19 AM
SonnyIs350
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here in atlanta and around the southeast when i purchased mine about every color was plentiful.Have you thought of paying to have one delivered to you. it only cost me 300.00 more dollars to get one from another state to me
Old 07-20-07, 02:51 PM
LEXAI
Driver School Candidate

It took me 2 weeks to find my Glacier Frost 250 and I'm happy I waited!
Old 07-20-07, 09:32 PM
yukikaze
Driver School Candidate

I requested for multiple dealers for the Starfire Pearl with Luxury package, but no dealers around me had it. So they were all telling me to settle with the Starfire with premium plus package. While considering if I should settle, a dealer calls me up a week later saying they received exactly what I wanted off the trailer, unexpectedly.

I'm glad I didn't rush in and get pressured into settling. Very happy with my purchase now
Old 08-13-07, 06:49 PM
ub2slow
Rookie

nope, got what I wanted. Just took 2 weeks to come in from California to Nebraska.
Old 08-13-07, 06:54 PM
jdanon
Lead Lap

Isn't it amazing how there is no way to track down cars? In this day in age of computers I would think every single car that rolls off the Toyota assembly line is tracked and accounted for. Surprisingly it is still very hard to find the exact car you want when it should really be as simple as punching in the search terms in a computer and getting a listing of every car that matches across the entire country. Apparently this isn't technically possible or the dealers just don't want to do this.
Old 08-13-07, 07:02 PM
patrick415
Driver School Candidate

I initially wanted white, but I ended up with silver (Tungsten Pearl). I am now happier with this color after spending more time with it. Black interior gets a little warm in the sun.
Old 08-13-07, 07:03 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jdanon
Isn't it amazing how there is no way to track down cars? In this day in age of computers I would think every single car that rolls off the Toyota assembly line is tracked and accounted for. Surprisingly it is still very hard to find the exact car you want when it should really be as simple as punching in the search terms in a computer and getting a listing of every car that matches across the entire country. Apparently this isn't technically possible or the dealers just don't want to do this.
Of course it is technically possible for Toyota to know where every unsold car, with every option, in every color, is in the USA, or in transit. But their business model does not want to cater to people coming in and wanting a specific color or combination of options. That would just gum up the works. They would rather have the dealers order the stock and fit the car on the lot to the customer. It works for Lexus at this point as there are plenty of customers to go around. That is why you cannot look at dealer stock like you can with other makers. Toyota didn't become the most efficient car manufacturer in the world by accident. It is all carefully scripted.....nothing happens just by accident. I take my hat off to them, they make a great product, at 'reasonable' prices that hold their value over time, and they make a nice profit along the way. In the big picture it's a 'win-win' situation most of the time, which is why Toyota is growing stronger every month. Most Toyota/Lexus/Scion buyers are happy with their purchase. Contrast that to the Big 3.
Old 08-13-07, 11:26 PM
Rash
hmm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah, GFM

But I realized Gold looks sexier with the OEM ground kits.. though im not a fan of the color.. I want gold
Old 08-13-07, 11:55 PM
maz
Lead Lap

Here's a story of luck and persistance...
After researching the IS since it was first introduced almost a year before it came out on the market, I ended up getting very lucky and in the end got the exact car I had been hoping for. The IS had been out for a year now and I finally got serious and started calling and visting all the local dealerships searching for my car. Some of them were telling me BS like the car I wanted was non-existant and that I should settle with what they had. I was in no rush so I didn't give up looking. But after a while I started getting frustrated with the search and my dealer at Longo had said that he had a car coming that had the luxury package, nav, and ML, with black interior. The only thing that was different than what I wanted was the exterior which was obsidian and I had been searching for smokey granite mica. He said it would be there in two weeks. It ended taking a month. An hour before I was about to go pick it up the dealer called and said that they had one in smg just like I had been searching for. He said it was a special order that the original buyer had backed out on. So after months of waiting, I ended finding the exact car I wanted an hour before I bought it.
Old 08-14-07, 12:42 AM
BUST
Pole Position

I wanted black/black, and they told me I had to wait for about 2-3 months. I couldn't wait.. then I saw the SGM up close for the first time and I loved it!