IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Were you able to get your first choice of color for your IS350?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-07, 03:01 PM
A.C Milan
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wanted a Glacier frost and there was one waiting for me in the showroom .. or wait 3 months.
so i took the showroom car ,, no regrets at all!!
Old 07-19-07, 03:14 PM
cheappc
Driver

Wow what a question..
I wanted to ask the same thing.......

The day before i purchased it, i went to a dealership close by me, to make sure the color i wanted, and i decided for the "Smoky Granite Mica", I also loved the Starfire Pearl.

I went the next day to purchase my car, and the guy told me theres was only: Black on Black, Tsungten Pearl on black or grey, Matador Red on black, and Breakwater blue on grey (I think)..

So i was impatient, and I got the safest color, which was Tsungten Pearl..
--==>>BUT I SOMETIMES REGRET IT<<==--.

It was the first time in my life that I got a car with a color I did not choose before hand, on my BMWs i got the exact color I wanted, on the Mercedez I ordered my car and I waited, and I got it.

I bought a Hummer H3 9 months ago, again with the color i wanted, and I needed to get rid of it asap, it was in a major accident 3 weeks after i bought it, with frame damage, which my insurance company (AIG) did not total it.

The dealership was willing to give me $26,000 for my H3, and the IS250 for $29,858 (sticker was $35,291).

The deal was good UNTIL JUNE 30th. SO I JUMPED ON THE CHANCE TO GET RID OF MY HUMMER, checking blue book on it right now, I got lucky, it dropped $5,000 in three weeks from blue book value.

What do you guys think?
Old 07-19-07, 03:18 PM
davidbenji
Pole Position

I was going to get Smoky Granite with black interior....but then i saw Glacier Frost and so began the seach for a Glacier Frost with black interior. 4 months later it arrived and I've been regret free ever since.
Old 07-19-07, 03:19 PM
CarlitosPR
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wanted a 350 black on black but had to settle for a 250 black saphire pearl with stearling interior. the waiting time was too much but im ordering a 08 350 with full package .
Old 07-19-07, 03:28 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I was flexible. I wanted a lighter colored car for ease of maintenance and the hot TX weather, so I wanted either Crystal White or Tungsten Pearl. I would also have considered Matador Red as I like that color, too. I was also flexible on interior color; either black or cashmere was ok with me. They had what I wanted in Tungsten Pearl with black interior, so that's what I got. I'm happy, it's easy to keep clean and looks good in all light conditions. If I could instantly choose another combination now I wouldn't change. I like the silver, and I like the black interior.
Old 07-19-07, 03:28 PM
rklee85
Driver School Candidate

wanted a starfire/black but ended up with a obsidian/black and that was my second choice with no wait
Old 07-19-07, 03:50 PM
dspIS250
Pole Position

yes, i wanted black sapphire and got it. i only had to wait an extra 15 days and it was well worth it. it's the most beautiful factory color imo.
Old 07-19-07, 03:51 PM
tex2670
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Allen K
My first choice was the black sapphire pearl w/ a black interior. However, I was told by 5 dealers (and their internet departments) that they didn't have any 350s in that color combo. Then I was considering Glacier Frost Mica, but I fell in love with the lux pkg and ended up with a Tungsten (3rd choice)
I had the same problem (with a 250AWD). I wanted Breakwater Blue/Cashmere, and if not, Matador Red/Cashmere, and if not, Tungsten/Sterling. They could not locate blue or red (even when I told them I'd take Sterling int, too) because I ordered the Lux Pkg--which they produce in less than 10% of all AWDs. They found a Tungsten/Serling after 4 wks, so I took it.

That said, I think that some salesmen feign the difficulty in getting colors/options to move cars faster. Have them quote you the stats of how many cars are produced as you have requested to test if they are BS'ing.
Old 07-19-07, 04:01 PM
tex2670
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ac281
I'm totally **** about stuff like that. I could just never buy a car that I'm going to drive for a few years unless it's the exact color I want. I ended up selling my last car on a whim when someone made an offer so I had to get a car fast. I actually wanted the new G35 that had JUST come out (Last November) and I was at the Infiniti dealer every day trying to get the dark graphite color with the NAV, Tech package and Sport suspension, but they couldn't get it soon enough. I then even went to try and buy a BMW 335, but again, couldn't find the color I wanted.

Then, one fateful morning when I was at the Infiniti dealer trying to finagle my way into a G35 again, I noticed the Lexus dealer across the street. I decided to stop by and have a look at the IS350, and when I test drove the IS350 in the SGM color, I fell in love. I think I bought the car the next day.

I truly hope you are satisfied with the car as much as the color. The salesman at my Lexus dlr told me, after trying unsuccessfully to find a Breakwater Blue 250AWD, that he had a customer that wanted the same color, they couldn't get one, so he bought a blue Saab 9-3 instead--and was regretting it.
Old 07-19-07, 04:04 PM
ExTrEmE99
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

How come i dont see the Crystal white as a color option for the 2IS? I only see starfire pearl
Old 07-19-07, 04:11 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

great choice on the color combo, i found mine sitting on the lot, it was my first choice

crystal white was replaced by starfire pearl for 07+ models, crystal white was only on 06
Old 07-19-07, 04:14 PM
ExTrEmE99
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
great choice on the color combo, i found mine sitting on the lot, it was my first choice

crystal white was replaced by starfire pearl for 07+ models, crystal white was only on 06

Oh, Thats why i got one of those IS broshures and all i could see was starfire pearl, Anyways is there a difference in the color white?
Old 07-19-07, 05:42 PM
IS_NIICE
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

well i really wanted breakwater blue or silver. i swore on that. my dad said get black and i said, no. BWB or TP.

with bwb as my first choice i found one at keyes lexus. i looked at, and stared at it. the interior was cashmere. i thought about rolling around in that car--i felt the interior was a bit too feminine with the BWB. so i said i would think about it. on my way home with my dad i said hey, lets go to vista lexus before we go home.--about an hour before closing time. and there it was, under the dim white parking lot lights. TP/Sterling with Xpackage. it was beautiful, and i couldn't stop staring at it. i took her home and didnt sleep at all. i just wanted to go sit in my car. the next morning i started her up, my mom told me to be careful driving. the TP was beautiful...i rolled up to school for the first time in my own car. VROOOM VROOOM. all my friends stared and their jaws dropped. /end car buying experience.
Old 07-19-07, 06:54 PM
TorontoIS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I got my first choice on colour and package and didn't have to wait.
Old 07-19-07, 07:05 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

starfire pearl looked brighter to me from internet pics

Quick Reply: Were you able to get your first choice of color for your IS350?