IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Bye bye to my IS

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-07, 03:55 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jman-is350
Im back from too much fun (logged ~300 miles) since Thursday when I picked up my new 335i coupe.

Exhaust, intake & eibach springs are available for $550 package exclude shipping.
Cool, have fun with it. Also stop by now and then and let us know if you suffer any of the dreaded problems with the 335 series.......the fuel pump fiasco and oil temp problem. I think they have solved the oil temp problem, but still hearing nasty things about the fuel pump.
Old 07-01-07, 04:07 PM
al503
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Evitzee
Cool, have fun with it. Also stop by now and then and let us know if you suffer any of the dreaded problems with the 335 series.......the fuel pump fiasco and oil temp problem. I think they have solved the oil temp problem, but still hearing nasty things about the fuel pump.
LOL. Can't we just wish the guy good luck and leave it at that?
Old 07-01-07, 04:59 PM
OC 335d
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe new production models have switched to Bosche FPs.
Old 07-01-07, 05:50 PM
RobbieR
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good luck on the "free" maintenance after it expires in 4 years. You're going to need the $$$.

Unless you trade it in before it expires, of course.
Old 07-01-07, 06:08 PM
BaLLzZz
Lead Lap

Dont listen to anyone on here have fun with your new car and let us know how it goes.
Old 07-01-07, 06:52 PM
kilo6_one
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

bye, i will miss your E55 pics!
Old 07-01-07, 07:02 PM
oliveryo
Driver

you received a pm regarding your items.

have fun with your coupe and do visit often
Old 07-01-07, 08:31 PM
Swisha
Pole Position

you did good, ya did good....
Old 07-01-07, 08:57 PM
OC 335d
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by RobbieR
Good luck on the "free" maintenance after it expires in 4 years. You're going to need the $$$.

Unless you trade it in before it expires, of course.
More bad information. If you are worried about maintenance cost after 4 years/50,000 miles, you can pay for the extended maintenance program ANY TIME before it runs out. It is currently about $1,100. Which if you think about it, is quite cheap. You can extend it to 7 years/100,000 miles.

BMW Parts aren't really more expensive than Lexus parts. The accessories though, are much, much less.
Old 07-01-07, 09:21 PM
ISbb
Lexus Test Driver

After nearly 10 months, I decided to trade in my IS for something more fun to drive... I truly enjoyed the vehicle but after ~9700 miles, a new coupe has found its way to my garage. I still have the 01 GS430 in the family and I will try to visit the forum as much as possible. Be safe guys.

I still have the Tanabe exhaust, Fujita intake & Eibach spring available if anyone want to pick them up from me. They have been installed on my car for about 4 months w/approximately 4K miles. PM me if you are interested.
I am intrested in the Tanabe Exhaust... I am coming to the state in Aug but I will be staying in Los Vagus for 10days... I will be taking training course... So is there anyway we could get this done? How much are you asking for this?
Old 07-01-07, 10:16 PM
jman-is350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by BaLLzZz
lol told ya... If you have time can you compare the 335 and your e55 speed wise. I know some will say its apples to oranges but hey im intrested.
E55 vs 335i? Hmm... As of right now, it's NO comparison. The E55 is a beast from a dig & a roll, however, Im planninng to mod up the 335i with ProCede to get up to 80rwhp once the break-in period is over.

The 335i has an edge in twisties and it's a bit more fun to drive and I have heard that BMW has fixed the oil temp issue w/all production after March 31st. I will probably wont keep it longer than my lease term so I am not worry about it.

Also, all PMs have been answered.
Old 07-01-07, 11:29 PM
oliveryo
Driver

E55 vs 335i? Hmm... As of right now, it's NO comparison. The E55 is a beast from a dig & a roll, however, Im planninng to mod up the 335i with ProCede to get up to 80rwhp once the break-in period is over.

The 335i has an edge in twisties and it's a bit more fun to drive and I have heard that BMW has fixed the oil temp issue w/all production after March 31st. I will probably wont keep it longer than my lease term so I am not worry about it.

Also, all PMs have been answered.

you never answered my pm about exhaust and springs
Old 07-02-07, 04:19 AM
RobbieR
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by OC 335i
More bad information. If you are worried about maintenance cost after 4 years/50,000 miles, you can pay for the extended maintenance program ANY TIME before it runs out. It is currently about $1,100. Which if you think about it, is quite cheap. You can extend it to 7 years/100,000 miles.

BMW Parts aren't really more expensive than Lexus parts. The accessories though, are much, much less.
As you know, the "free" maintenance porgram is limited in scope as it only covers factory-recommended maintenace. It has to be. Otherwise BMW would be going bankrupt. Just ask Mercedes. They stopped their "free maintenance" program.

It's not "bad information". That's fact. The boss and his wife both drive BMW's. A 2005 X5 4.4i and a 2007 650i. Both have been in and out of the show numerous times for a variety of issues that shouldn't be happening. Lexus doesn't need the free maintenace program for obvious reasons.

IMO, BMW HAS to have the free maintenace program. Otherwise, people wouldn't be tolerating the numerous electronic issues that have plauged the brand for decades. It's unfortunate. That's why I was chased away from the brand. Along with the lack of a spare tire, oil dipstick and water temperature gauge.
Old 07-02-07, 06:43 AM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by oliveryo
ill pic up the exhaust from you if you will ship to taiwan.
of course, i will pay for the shipping.

Which coupe?
shipping to taiwan is expensive. you should buy your friend an round trip ticket and tell them to bring it back to you.
Old 07-02-07, 06:54 AM
OC 335d
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by RobbieR
As you know, the "free" maintenance porgram is limited in scope as it only covers factory-recommended maintenace. It has to be. Otherwise BMW would be going bankrupt. Just ask Mercedes. They stopped their "free maintenance" program.
So tell me, what do you have to pay for out of pocket? Since you said that you will need a lot of $$$?

It's not "bad information". That's fact. The boss and his wife both drive BMW's. A 2005 X5 4.4i and a 2007 650i. Both have been in and out of the show numerous times for a variety of issues that shouldn't be happening. Lexus doesn't need the free maintenace program for obvious reasons.
And what does this have to do with needing a lot of $$$? Both of the cars listed are still in the maintenance period.

IMO, BMW HAS to have the free maintenace program. Otherwise, people wouldn't be tolerating the numerous electronic issues that have plauged the brand for decades.
Too bad electronics fall under warranty and not "maintenance."

Quick Reply: Bye bye to my IS