IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Messed UP People...

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-07, 11:34 AM
lexusam
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Messed UP People...

Are people just **mesed** up or are they just hating on the IS? I live in a gated community and every morning I wake up to find a new key marks, ink marks and now a dent plus a scratch!! Not only does my IS get vandalized but my neighbors IS as well. I have delt with other things but things are just getting way too out of hand..Are there ways to get this dent removed? I heard of paintless dent removals but I also heard the crease still shows after it. Imma camp behind the back seat of my car tonight and bash the head of whoever comes near my car.

Last edited by LexFather; 06-26-07 at 02:47 PM.
Old 06-26-07, 11:40 AM
RocketGuy3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lexusam
Imma camp behind the back seat of my car tonight and bash the head of whoever comes near my car.
You shoulda done that a lot sooner, heh.

That sucks, though. I can't imagine how pissed off I would be. I haven't heard of anything like that being directed specifically towards our cars; it's probably some bitter bimmer fanboy in your neighborhood. Take him down tonight.

As for the paintless dent removal, I think I've heard about that same problem, but it shouldn't really do any extra damage to try it. (Might waste a little time/money, though.)
Old 06-26-07, 11:43 AM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like plan A, wait for them!!!
Old 06-26-07, 11:48 AM
Irishfan
Driver

Better yet, record him doing it, follow him back to his house (proof of identity), call the cops, make him pay for all the damage.
Old 06-26-07, 11:49 AM
Irishfan
Driver

Oh, then sue him for mental anguish, etc.
Old 06-26-07, 11:51 AM
davidbenji
Pole Position

Are people just *****ed up or are they just hating on the IS? I live in a gated community and every morning I wake up to find a new key marks, ink marks and now a dent plus a scratch!! Not only does my IS get vandalized but my neighbors IS as well. I have delt with other things but things are just getting way too out of hand..Are there ways to get this dent removed? I heard of paintless dent removals but I also heard the crease still shows after it. Imma camp behind the back seat of my car tonight and bash the head of whoever comes near my car.
That really sucks but why not park in the garage?
Old 06-26-07, 11:52 AM
Irishfan
Driver

Sorry for the repeated posts, but things just keep occurring to me...a few guys on the Lotus boards have rigged cameras in their cars (typically used for track day recordings) to be initiated by motion sensors installed underneath the car. Lots of $$, but airtight evidence against vandals and other forms of douchebaggery.
Old 06-26-07, 11:54 AM
lexusam
Driver School Candidate

Cause my parents park their Merc and LX in there..So I have to park it in the streets. Sucks I know..I hate parking outside.
Old 06-26-07, 12:25 PM
maxmurder
Driver School Candidate

Sorry to hear that Lexusam....just curious, which part of Cali do u live?....if u dont mind telling
Old 06-26-07, 01:51 PM
kikaida
Lead Lap

That's messed up man! Im down with the video camera idea
Old 06-26-07, 02:15 PM
kilo6_one
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that is why i have cameras at my house........ even in my garage.
Old 06-26-07, 02:19 PM
Yay-Z
Lead Lap

Are people just *****ed up or are they just hating on the IS? I live in a gated community and every morning I wake up to find a new key marks, ink marks and now a dent plus a scratch!! Not only does my IS get vandalized but my neighbors IS as well. I have delt with other things but things are just getting way too out of hand..Are there ways to get this dent removed? I heard of paintless dent removals but I also heard the crease still shows after it. Imma camp behind the back seat of my car tonight and bash the head of whoever comes near my car.
u dont park ur IS in a garage???
IEMaestro
Pit Crew

If it's a gated community, then it must be an "inside" job. Maybe someone that you've had a problem with in the past?
Shoyuu
Lexus Test Driver

What's worse is that he's already in a gated community and that some of his neighbors (or their friends) are shady enough to pull this off.

My initial reaction would be to camp out with my baton and just beat them senseless while they're committing the act, but they can sue you.

After giving it some thought, it woud hurt them more if you caught them in the act with a recording, followed them to their house to see which one it is, then call the police. Having that on their police record and knowing what kind of shady individual the person is can really hurt the person's reputation. Plus I'm sure your Home Owners Association would love to kick out some shady crook that's been caught vandalizing property.
Old 06-26-07, 02:28 PM
t.is350.h
Lexus Test Driver

Think....Have you done anything to anyone reasonly????

Quick Reply: Messed UP People...