wrecked 2007 Lexus IS 350

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-07, 06:24 AM
dad
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wrecked 2007 Lexus IS 350

seen on www.wreckedexotics.com website

17yr old kid took his friend out for a test drive on his 1 day old Lexus. (est. $41,000) Decided it would be smart to go 85mph in a 35mph, couldn’t handle the curve in road and went up on the curb, causing car to flip 2-3 times and taking out 3 trees before landing in oncoming lane of traffic. No one was hurt, kids walked away without a scratch. Not to say the father did not hurt him afterwards.

Old 03-09-07, 06:29 AM
RamshakleZ
Pole Position

Highland Park = Beverly Hills of Dallas (rich folks area). Doesn't surprise me a 17 year old has a car like this. As a 25 year old who has worked to be able to afford a 350, it makes me sick!
Old 03-09-07, 06:30 AM
PNice972
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

interesting, thats near me.
Old 03-09-07, 06:32 AM
acbrisker
Driver

Wow ... at least everyone is safe.
Old 03-09-07, 06:41 AM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RamshakleZ
Highland Park = Beverly Hills of Dallas (rich folks area). Doesn't surprise me a 17 year old has a car like this. As a 25 year old who has worked to be able to afford a 350, it makes me sick!

That kid doesnt appreciate that car because mommy and daddy bought it for him, not all young kids are irresponsible, I'm 19 and I'll have an IS350 by December, which I'm working, saving, and paying for myself without parents help . Not to say I don't drive fast, but I'll stick to highways and drag tracks. And by the way, I am NOT rich and don't live in a rich area lol, for those of you who know the miami area, I'm in South Kendall, close to homestead (not the best area).
Old 03-09-07, 07:03 AM
ISF
Driver School Candidate

Wow! I'm glad the kid is ok, but this is just careless to say the least...what a waste of car.
Old 03-09-07, 07:05 AM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i guess i know the car is safe thanks for the wreck.
Old 03-09-07, 07:07 AM
ExclusivIS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats reasurance that These Cars are Safe vehicle to make light of the situation. Give the wrong irresponsible kid keys to a fast 40k car & this kinda stuff happens. Its a waste
Old 03-09-07, 07:18 AM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

^
for the rich maybe this is a best safty crapy car to them that they want for their kids. Why buy crap when you can buy a safe car like lexus for them?
Old 03-09-07, 07:22 AM
taylorjste
Pole Position

wow.. that's the most mangled 2G IS iv'e seen so far.. i'm glad he's okay... as was mentioned, this wreck is definitely a testimony to the high safety standards of our cars.. i think that's only about 15 minutes from me.. hopefully this kid learned a valuable lesson about the dangers of driving irresponsibly.. no matter what kind of car it is or how much it costs... when i was 17 i was driving my 4 cyl honda civic and going way too fast.. lost control, got in a pretty bad accident.. ever since then i've learned to respect every vehicle ive driven...
Old 03-09-07, 07:25 AM
LeslieRC
Lexus Test Driver

That's way too much car for someone that age. This is a story that resounds throughout the country - 16 and 17 year-old "children" driving and crashing high-performance cars. It goes beyond them understanding the value of a car like this. It's more about them being too irresponsible to be trusted with a car that is far beyond their capabilities as drivers. What were these parents thinking??!!
Old 03-09-07, 07:33 AM
sirkfc
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by shaolin
^
for the rich maybe this is a best safty crapy car to them that they want for their kids. Why buy crap when you can buy a safe car like lexus for them?
I just hope somewhere out there, there isn't a kid who just gained confidence to drive insanely because the car looked safe even in a 85mph accident.

And this kid that flipped the car... I wonder if he uses that website as a badge of honor or battlescar to show his friends?

I don't understand why people drive so insanely on public roads. The risk of something really bad, life changing, is too great. Even if your car is safe and you "think" you are a great driver, that's only 50% of the equation at most. You can't account for other drivers and pedestrians who you share the road with and how safe their cars are if you hit them. Also you can't avoid random potholes and debris on the road... It's just not worth the thrill. I'm glad I'm past the age to need that type of thrill.
Old 03-09-07, 07:37 AM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

^even the older one can crash an Enzo so..

Again, I really have to thank to these kids to let me know how safe this car will protech me.
Old 03-09-07, 07:51 AM
RamshakleZ
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TruPlaya26
That kid doesnt appreciate that car because mommy and daddy bought it for him, not all young kids are irresponsible, I'm 19 and I'll have an IS350 by December, which I'm working, saving, and paying for myself without parents help . Not to say I don't drive fast, but I'll stick to highways and drag tracks. And by the way, I am NOT rich and don't live in a rich area lol, for those of you who know the miami area, I'm in South Kendall, close to homestead (not the best area).
If you are truly working for it and paying for it yourself, then you deserve every dollar of that car! True, I'm making an assumption that this kids parents paid for the car... but you cannot deny that it is a resounding theme in this country.

I come from a pretty well off background... and my parents did get me pretty descent cars... but no way in hell would they have ever bought me a BMW, Lexus, Infiniti, etc. One of the greatest accomplishments, I think, is the natural progression of moving up to higher end cars as you move through your career. If you get a freebee at age 17 already, then that negates much of that sense of responsibility. Granted, you can get a base 250 with no options in the low 30s... and my parents paid 34k for my Chevy Z71 Tahoe when I was in High School (first car). But, there is a certain prestige that comes with getting a luxury car that I think people need to earn for themselves. Not have mommy and daddy give it to them.
Old 03-09-07, 07:53 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,152 Likes on 1,315 Posts

Folks remember there ARE responsible teens just like there are irresponsible older adults. Yes, statistics show that younger less experienced drivers have more incidents but please don't make sweeping assumptions about all young drivers.

Quick Reply: wrecked 2007 Lexus IS 350