IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

HID Fog Lights Suggestion

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-07, 10:48 AM
dkcivic82
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HID Fog Lights Suggestion

Hi everyone, I need some help on choosing a good 6000K HID Fog Kit. I saw the one from Xenon Depot but it cost 400 bucks. Is there any other good brands/retailer that are good. I found some 9006 Mtec 6000K kits for like 300 bucks on ebay but dunno how good it is or how good the warranty is.
Old 01-23-07, 03:30 PM
teejnut
Lead Lap

i have the xtremekit from XenonDepot which is a little cheaper then their other kit and have not had any problems with them. I have the same kit in my headlights and foglights for almost a year now without any problems.
Old 01-23-07, 04:08 PM
istundra
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

for the xtreme kit.. it is the exact same thing as the McCulloch kits found on ebay. For the XenonDepot Philips kits, they also use the bulb from the xtreme kit, which is the same bulbs as the McCulloch kits.

Save your money and buy McCulloch if you have to. Those are quite inexpensive and the best bang for the buck.

If you do not mind used OEM equipment, I would go with the Matsu*****a ballast (OEM on G35 Sedans) and Philips 85122+ Rebased 9006 bulbs.

The OEM Equipment setup would cost you about $250-270. Ballast & Ignitors would be used but the Philips bulbs will be new.

For the OEM ISx50 JDM Foglamp, they also use the Matsu*****a ballast as well.

I personally went with the OEM Setup for my IS.
Old 01-23-07, 04:56 PM
Got PSI
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dkcivic82
Hi everyone, I need some help on choosing a good 6000K HID Fog Kit. I saw the one from Xenon Depot but it cost 400 bucks. Is there any other good brands/retailer that are good. I found some 9006 Mtec 6000K kits for like 300 bucks on ebay but dunno how good it is or how good the warranty is.
www.cqlight.ca

i've ordered from them before. $218 shipped to your door. very nice quality stuff.

hope that helps.

Alex
Old 01-23-07, 05:52 PM
Hartawan
Former Vendor

Where in CA do you live? There is a bunch of lighting stores around So Cal. Go to your local one, probably cheaper and gives you at least a 1 year warranty.
Old 01-23-07, 10:58 PM
dkcivic82
Driver

Originally Posted by Hartawan
Where in CA do you live? There is a bunch of lighting stores around So Cal. Go to your local one, probably cheaper and gives you at least a 1 year warranty.
I live in El Monte, Ca, near Rosemead and West Covina.
Old 01-23-07, 11:12 PM
omgitsroy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

california tint... they have somethin for 190 installed with one year warranty..it's in rosemead
Old 02-07-07, 06:21 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

istundra,

Our XenonDepot kits use genuine Philips bulbs. Our Xtreme kits use bulbs that are made in Japan. The bulb and ballasts used in the Xtreme kits are completely different than the ones found in the XenonDepot kit.

Unfortunately there are alot of online vendors that sell supposed "philips based kits." The problems is that most of them sell kits that use real philips ballasts however the bulbs are not Philips. Most of the time, the companies selling their products dont even know that the bulbs are not Philips. I actually had a conversation about this last week with another online company that sells supposed "philips based kits." I will not mention any names as I assured him that I would not however the kits that he has been selling that are supposed to be using Philips ballasts and bulbs only use Philips ballasts. As for the bulbs, they are made in China.

Bottom line, you get what you pay for. Furthermore, at least with our product you know that we will stand behind it should there be a problem as we are a legitimate company. Good luck trying to warranty a product when buying from ebay. My all time favourite is when I see HID kit sellers claiming "life time warranties" or when they claim that their 10,000k+ kits are rated at a higher lumens output than a 4300k Philips bulb.

Steve
Old 02-07-07, 07:37 AM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/6000K...75684116QQrdZ1

Last edited by iSuxeL; 02-07-07 at 07:56 AM.
Old 03-29-07, 04:17 PM
sxylxy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by XenonDepot
istundra,

Our XenonDepot kits use genuine Philips bulbs. Our Xtreme kits use bulbs that are made in Japan. The bulb and ballasts used in the Xtreme kits are completely different than the ones found in the XenonDepot kit.

Unfortunately there are alot of online vendors that sell supposed "philips based kits." The problems is that most of them sell kits that use real philips ballasts however the bulbs are not Philips. Most of the time, the companies selling their products dont even know that the bulbs are not Philips. I actually had a conversation about this last week with another online company that sells supposed "philips based kits." I will not mention any names as I assured him that I would not however the kits that he has been selling that are supposed to be using Philips ballasts and bulbs only use Philips ballasts. As for the bulbs, they are made in China.

Bottom line, you get what you pay for. Furthermore, at least with our product you know that we will stand behind it should there be a problem as we are a legitimate company. Good luck trying to warranty a product when buying from ebay. My all time favourite is when I see HID kit sellers claiming "life time warranties" or when they claim that their 10,000k+ kits are rated at a higher lumens output than a 4300k Philips bulb.

Steve

Sounds to me like competition is getting at this long time CL vendor. Not meaning to start any problems but your prices have continued to slide over the past couple years due to competition, I'm sure phillips bulbs have not gone down in price, I know this because at my lexus dealer the price has remained steady for the past 4 years i've had my gs. hidlighting168 is a great vendor on ebay, new to the scene, and I read about their products here on CL from other ppl, went ahead and tried them, $240 to my door and they're amazing. I think fair competition is good and its time for xenondepot to lower their prices further to compete. This vendor on ebay gives correct lume outputs and color temp descriptions for all the products they sell. I'm not an expert on the subj but trying to mod my car VIP style and the HID's from this vendor on ebay are def up the VIP alley. No complaints for any CL members thinking about saving some money
Old 04-19-07, 02:37 PM
gizbx4
Pole Position

What brand is better.. mtec or McCulloch ?
Old 04-24-07, 08:52 PM
LexusEric
Driver School Candidate

go to www.iJDMTOY.com, they have HID Conversion kit there for the foglights, pretty good deal.