Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Push to start - remote start... In progress

title says it all if you wana kno how its done message me
Old 01-15-07, 10:46 PM
BoSS250
Rookie

Default How i pay for my 40k lexus and why i was able to do a R/S on a push to start

im a installer i do remote starts i work from 9-7 and drive an hr bolth ways, its funny how my thread gets closed in 24hrs sorry i dont sit here and wait for replies i work....alot.
ok so after searching on the DEI forms i was sent here http://www.audiogroupforum.com/csfor...ghlight=avalon
ok now who ever did this was not thinking clearly and you can see my post on there(BoSS Autos) its very simple start basicaly copys what you do when you start you car so thats what i did
1.have a key enter the car-simply interuped the battery on the fob using a relay and the neg. output from the start
2.press the break-positive crank wire to the postive break trigger(what you hook the shut down to but not in this case)
3.press the button-neg crank wire to the start stop wire
im not finished w the whole thing i need to make the car shut off via the remoteand to get the factory fob to work while the car is running(some one find out where the keyless brain is and a wiring diagram of it ill make it work)

right now im using the DEI remote for start and unlock/lock(i had to go to the switch in the door to make it work. so tomorrow when i get home i will be posting again and maby you can reopen my thred... thank you
Old 01-15-07, 10:47 PM
BoSS250
Rookie

o and yes the car remote starts basicaly the same as if i was in the car starting itmy self
Old 01-15-07, 11:10 PM
Batmobile
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

wow... i never thought of that... hmm... this information is going to make someone really really mad spending 3-600 on an aftermarket remote start. i'll try to contribute for the wiring diagphram if i find it....but i can't wait til someone figures this out....

i wish i was that smart
Old 01-16-07, 08:15 AM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's a little hard to understand your write-up. Are you permanently "installing" a FOB inside the vehicle? Are you using a second OEM FOB to start the car, or an aftermarket unit?
Old 01-16-07, 06:02 PM
BoSS250
Rookie

o its the oem one. the battery is on a relay and connects only when the car is remote started, but its remote started from the aftermarket remote so i can unlock the doors w/ it. once i find the keyless mod i should be able to make the car lock and unlock from the oem key fob as well as start the car...the way it should have came from Lexus

i found and fixed a problem the starter buton back feeding in to the break wire and making the car start

if any one wants their start done PM me ill help you get it done

Last edited by BoSS250; 01-16-07 at 07:21 PM.
Old 01-16-07, 08:48 PM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Still about as clear as mud...
Old 01-16-07, 08:50 PM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

I appreciate you sharing this with us, but I'm sure an extra 30 seconds of time typing out complete sentences and thoughts would make a world of difference.
Old 01-16-07, 10:07 PM
pocky
mooncake master

Interesting.....a bit hard to understand, But I'm going to subscribe to this thread.
Old 01-16-07, 10:12 PM
Fiko18
Lexus Test Driver

this is very interesting, i can see what he is doing. just need more detaail
Old 01-17-07, 04:21 AM
tidom78
Driver School Candidate

I'm really interested in that! More details please! I need a remote start. Tomorrow, here is -25C without wind!

I want a remote start!
Old 01-17-07, 04:37 AM
BoSS250
Rookie

just tell me what parts you dont understand its hard to go in to detail w/o losing some people
Old 01-17-07, 05:07 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 255 Likes on 225 Posts

Not to rain on your parade or criticize your good work, but one thing about this method troubles me.

By wire-tying the OEM key behind the start button you've effectively bypassed the immobilizer. In layman's terms, it means that a thief familiar with this technique of installing a remote starter could hot-wire the car and be off in short order.

I wonder if the Lexus remote start sold in Japan suffers from this deficiency?
Old 01-17-07, 05:07 AM
dat-is350
Lead Lap

I would love the remote start on the oem fob. If you finish please go into details on how you did it. Thanks.
Old 01-17-07, 05:16 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,849 Likes on 2,334 Posts

Originally Posted by Bichon
Not to rain on your parade or criticize your good work, but one thing about this method troubles me.

By wire-tying the OEM key behind the start button you've effectively bypassed the immobilizer. In layman's terms, it means that a thief familiar with this technique of installing a remote starter could hot-wire the car and be off in short order.

I wonder if the Lexus remote start sold in Japan suffers from this deficiency?
I think the idea is to transfer the security function to the aftermarket device. It's hard to say which device actually has better security - the Lexus RFID with rolling code or the DEI with similar technology. I wouldn't choose to do it this way, but some people want the remote start feature more than they worry about the car being stolen.

Quick Reply: Push to start - remote start... In progress