IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

HOORRAY!!! & Thank YOU CL!

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-06, 03:06 PM
Cornellian
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HOORRAY!!! & Thank YOU CL!

I just ordered and put down a $500 deposit for the 2007 IS350!!!

Specs:
-------
-Obsidian
-Black Perforated Leather
-Luxury Package
-NAV
-Rear Spoiler

Also, wanted to thanks all the guys here on CL for providing info about all the stuff!

The SAD part is the wait for 3-4 months.... Hopefully I will be satisfied when it arrives!

1) One question I do have is: I am in Kentucky and I don't know if I should worry about the winter conditions?!?
2) WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK THE SAFE BREAK IN PERIOD IS FOR THE is350?!?
Old 09-26-06, 03:11 PM
Julez
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hopefully it isn't a true special order, and that they can pick up an allocated one, to shorten the wait time to 1-2 months instead of the 3-4 month wait.

People will tell you different things. I'd take it easy for about 500 miles(to allow the seals to properly settle), I know that might be a lot, but if you are like me, I'll probably get a few hundred in the first few days because I will just want to drive and drive all around town.
Old 09-26-06, 03:16 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Currently all Lux + Nav in the KY region include ML. So if you didn't get ML, it will be a special order (and 3-4 month wait). Personally, I'd get ML too, and you could have your car NOW.
Old 09-26-06, 03:22 PM
Cornellian
Lead Lap

Thanks Guys! I would rather wait for awhile because I don't prefer getting cars that have been on the lot and have been test driven by bunch of people many times. I am REALLY hoping that my car will have as FEW miles on it as possible.... Thanks again!
Old 09-26-06, 03:31 PM
Julez
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Pimp350
Thanks Guys! I would rather wait for awhile because I don't prefer getting cars that have been on the lot and have been test driven by bunch of people many times. I am REALLY hoping that my car will have as FEW miles on it as possible.... Thanks again!
If you put a deposit on a car that hasn't arrived at the dealer, they don't let other people test drive it, or the purpose of a deposit would be pointless. Congrats either way.
Old 09-26-06, 03:54 PM
ABC
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats!

I believe the manual states around ~650miles for the break-in period. IMO, go easy for 1k miles and then have fun
Old 09-26-06, 04:08 PM
OutlawsX
Lead Lap

Get the ML and don't have to wait as long... it's worth it anyhows
Old 09-26-06, 04:11 PM
Cornellian
Lead Lap

Yea, ML would be SWEET but trying to stay in budget I think the standard audio system would be pretty satisfying, hopefully.
Old 09-26-06, 06:46 PM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Dude, get the ML, it's less than a $1000 and you won't have to wait more than 1 month!!! You'll get your car fresh off the truck, with no miles on it...
Old 09-27-06, 12:12 PM
socalJD
Lexus Champion

^^^^ +1. Definitely get the ML. You can play DVD audio/video discs, you get more power & upgraded speakers. If you went aftermarket, you'd spend helluva lot more just to match what ML will give you and still not have a 4yr warranty . . .
Old 09-27-06, 12:16 PM
Cornellian
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by socalJD
^^^^ +1. Definitely get the ML. You can play DVD audio/video discs, you get more power & upgraded speakers. If you went aftermarket, you'd spend helluva lot more just to match what ML will give you and still not have a 4yr warranty . . .
Hmmm...reconsidering! Do you guys know if I can play burn CDs on the STANDARD audio system (i.e Audio-CD, MP3 Format)?!?! I have an Ipod, so that should HOPEFULLY work, but I am not sure about BURNED CDs?!?
Old 09-27-06, 12:19 PM
cmusic
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Which dealer did you order from? I'm from eastern KY and I bought from Lexus of Lexington.
Old 09-27-06, 12:22 PM
Cornellian
Lead Lap

I ordered it from RiverCenter Lexus in Covington. Near Cincinnati, pretty much.
Old 09-27-06, 12:30 PM
Bichon
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Received 273 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by Pimp350
Hmmm...reconsidering! Do you guys know if I can play burn CDs on the STANDARD audio system (i.e Audio-CD, MP3 Format)?!?! I have an Ipod, so that should HOPEFULLY work, but I am not sure about BURNED CDs?!?
Yes, I've had no problem with either cd-audio or mp3 collections burned to CD-Rs. I've even had good luck playing collections burned on CD-RW disks.
Old 09-27-06, 03:07 PM
Redpaste
Lead Lap

Get the ML!! I completely regret not being able to get one, not allocated for the east coast. I-pods and other burned cd's, with folders inside the cd work fine.

Congrats on the purchase. Now all you have to do is stay off this forum, otherwise go broke.

Quick Reply: HOORRAY!!! & Thank YOU CL!